Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalOG Deck / LoveDrug Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OG Deck / LoveDrug Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
broxi
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
broxi

Companies : Sport, Music
Setup : Soma, BRR Trucks, TKYs, King Size vOnes, RipTape.

OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Empty
PostSubject: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Updated with fixed trucks:
OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Imgp0813

Pics with trucks setup wrong tongue :
OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Imgp0810
OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Imgp0811
OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Imgp0812

I set this deck up with:
TD Longboard Trucks & bushings
TD Expert Sk8 Soft Wheels
LoveDrug's china tape

I'm a noob and this is my first review, so I copied Kerry's review method!

Shipping I bought this deck from LoveDrug, who had a stock of OG decks and delivery took about a week from Denmark to UK. I ordered the deck last Saturday, so in fairness, the earliest it could have been posted was Monday. 10/10

First impressions I was really looking forward to getting this deck, as I was really keen to see how a wider deck felt. A little disappointed with the bottom ply, the greenish tinge in the middle and the bare patches round the edges detracted from the nice blue colour. I also ordered a LoveDrug tuning kit, that provided 3 pieces of tape and a bit of tubing to make bushings out of. Haven't used the bushing material yet, but I really like the tape, even though it's just china tape, it's thin and grippy. Kind of like a cheaper version of RipTape Slim & Catchy. 9/10

Craftsmanship of the deck is pretty good, overall. Aside from the slight issues I mentioned in the first impressions section, I haven't found any real flaws. The counter-sinks were very well done, my screws sit nicely in them, so there is nothing sticking out. Lacquer is nicely done. To be honest, for the price I paid (around £8~), I couldn't really ask for much more. 9/10

Performance of this deck has so far been good. My usual setup is a 30mm so I took about 20 minutes to get used to the extra width. I'm a scrub at fingerboarding still, but so far I've been able to land a fair few kickflips with this deck. The pop is nice and I'm really enjoying the extra width this deck provides. Since I'm not really all that good at fingerboarding yet, I've so far struggled to find any flaws in performance that a more experienced user may find! 9.5/10

Overall I really like this deck. LoveDrug is definitely a company I would recommend. The site is in Danish currency, but you can change it to any currency at the top, which is always handy. For £10, I got a deck, some tape and some bushing material. The tape, as I mentioned, is really nice. Even though it's just China tape, I really like it. The only thing I'd say is that given the board is 33mm wide, there isn't a lot of give with tape when it comes to putting it on. The main reason I put a gap in the griptape was so I had more room to play with at the nose and tail. The deck is really good value for beginners looking to get a handmade, cheap wooden deck but still wanting a bit of quality put into the deck. Pair the deck up with the FingerSized wide trucks and you've got a complete for around £15 and you are buying from good companies that are run by fingerboarders, instead of people just interested in making money by selling on China goods! 9.5/10

Last edited by broxi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 pm

dude you have ur trucks setup wrong aha
Back to top Go down
broxi
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
broxi

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 pm

You know, I'd have never noticed that if you hadn't said so haha. Guess that's what I get for doing it whilst half asleep this morning tongue

If anything, it just proves the point about me being a noob very happy
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 pm

haha just thought you should know very happy
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 pm

LOL one time i did that on my skateboard cause i thought it wowuld help me for some reason, and it was right before a trip that i was bringing my skateboard on so the whole trip i had my trucks fucked up and no tools to fix it
Back to top Go down
broxi
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
broxi

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 pm

OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Imgp0813

Trucks sorted now tongue
Back to top Go down
Diemond
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Diemond

Companies : skating, fingerboarding

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:57 am

Nice review.

I might get one of these for my girl
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:18 am

Its a sick complete Broxi! I really love the color coordination!
Nice review too happy I love to see quality reviews.
Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:32 am

very happy
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:57 am

nice review,
although I think a day or two is not sufficient time to do a review..you got that deck yesterday right ? the review is nice but imo you should use somehting for atleast a week before reviewing it
nice job tho happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OG Deck / LoveDrug Review   OG Deck / LoveDrug Review Empty

Back to top Go down

OG Deck / LoveDrug Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1