Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalA little rant about go fingerboarding day. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little rant about go fingerboarding day.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

A little rant about go fingerboarding day. Empty
PostSubject: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Yeah, this whole thing has been pissing me off, just wanted to vent my thoughts on it.

I'd be in full support of this if the timing of it wasn't so ridiculous, it contradicts fingerboarding in too many ways. People are always complaining that fingerboarding and skateboarding are two different things, then that skateboarding and fingerboarding should be similar. Why place the day six months before and after go skate day? It has no positive relevance at all. It just means that it gets held 3 days before christmas, in winter, whilst travel costs are up and possibly restricted? The brr store meetup got partially called off last week because of severe black ice, why promote traveling when the conditions are that bad?
We lose the light at 4pm, what's the point in having a meetup for 4 hours or so? It'd make so much more sense for the day to be held in Summer, when the weather is great, the days are long, and the general happy vibes are flowing, unlike the cold, dark, depressing winter months. If skateboarding should be separate to fingerboarding, hold it on a completely random date, who gives a fuck. If skateboarding and fingerboarding should be similar, hold it the day afterwards, or even a month. Just use some common sense, the idea is stupid, the only reason this is getting support is because it was concepted by Blackriver. If I'd come up with this idea, with this date, the responses would be 'Too close to Christmas', 'too cold' and so on.

I know nobody will agree with me on this, but I just wanted to put this here.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : A little rant about go fingerboarding day. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:37 pm

I agree that the date isn't the best, but i don't think it has anything to do with Blackriver.

Thomas had this idea, and since he works at BRR, and is a "famous" fingerboarder, he has a great network. He used that to make a lot of people post about this idea, and that's why it has become succesful.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 pm

That's what I meant, Thomas came up with the idea but Thomas represents Blackriver, so a lot of people will just see it as blackriver. I doubt Thomas would have pulled this off if he didn't work at Blackriver?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : A little rant about go fingerboarding day. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:41 pm

If he had the same kind of network, yes.
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

Companies : The Norwood Project.

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 pm

I have to say even though I'm all in favour of GFD, I totally agree with Danny on this one.

Just seems like another good idea poorly executed just so no one else can do it first.

And honestly if it wasn't coming from a BR employee there's no way this would have gotten the attention it has. It was announced on the BR Facebook for fek sakes.

Apart from the logistics it's a fucking fantastic idea though.

Maybe we should put together a UK GFD in the early summer? I know the Mayors building in London has a huge area around it that's got some little gems for fingerboarding and skateboarding.... Hmmmm

Right! Bollox, I'm calling it now so no one else can steal my thunder....

GET OFF THE INTERNET DAY!!!!

It's to be held sometime in the future when it's hot! at someplace or another where it's dry! But it's my idea right!!! No one better do the same thing first or else tongue

Seriously though I may well look into something like this for next year when the sun returns tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk
LogicalSpring
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
LogicalSpring

Companies : Fingerboarding, Duh
Setup : 4CF complete

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 pm

I agree with you Danny.
GFD in the winter sucks!
Back to top Go down
timothyfortescue
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
timothyfortescue

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding and comics!
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm <3
BRT super silver wides (32mm)
Winkler wheels originals (white)
No logo bushings
Blackriver riptape original
Tech deck bolts

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I agree with you Danny but I would just like to say that the meetup I held with a friend was very succsessful and people like Rafi and Rory showed up as well very happy
Back to top Go down
TheFredAlexander
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TheFredAlexander

Companies : Fingerboarding
Setup : Blosom, brt wides, flatface g5's, no logo bushings, Nolliewheels smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:48 pm

cold, dark and depressing months? don't you celebrate christmas?
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:10 pm

I think what he was trying to get at is Yin and Yang, they compliment each other, but I understand where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm

TheFredAlexander wrote:
cold, dark and depressing months? don't you celebrate christmas?
What?
Christmas is in winter, which is cold, it's also dark. The weather is depressing.
Christmas is only one day of December, the majority of Winter is depressing.

Glad some people agree with me on this happy
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

GO FINGERBOARDING DAY WAS SICK! end off cool
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 pm

LogicalSpring wrote:
I agree with you Danny.
GFD in the winter sucks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Trevor Westad wrote:
LogicalSpring wrote:
I agree with you Danny.
GFD in the winter sucks!
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Just because its go fingerboard day doesnt mean it has to be outside.
The idea is to celebrate fingerboarding as a global scene, it shouldnt matter if you go to a meetup with loads of people, go to your mates house or just fingerboard on your own, as long as your'e fingerboarding.
I think its a great idea and a great way to show appreciation for this amazing hobby we share.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Boffey wrote:
Just because its go fingerboard day doesnt mean it has to be outside.
The idea is to celebrate fingerboarding as a global scene, it shouldnt matter if you go to a meetup with loads of people, go to your mates house or just fingerboard on your own, as long as your'e fingerboarding.
I think its a great idea and a great way to show appreciation for this amazing hobby we share.

Nah man, I completely agree with that!
I just think that the timing is bad, what would you prefer, a nice meetup outside in the sun, fingerboarding and having a laugh, or just sitting inside someone's house fingerboarding?
It makes so much more sense to be in the summer!
Back to top Go down
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 pm

i agree with danny BUT for me the meet up we had today was just a get together of a few friends to have a laugh round the festive season plus we got sum rad footage. u was missed danny
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 pm

well danny, I hate to break it to your but.......... the weather kind of sucks year round it England doesn't it? I was there in the summer and it rained like 3 out of the 5-6 days I stayed there. correct me if I'm wrong, but..........
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Tyler UK is better than "merica" shut up.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Tyler wrote:
well danny, I hate to break it to your but.......... the weather kind of sucks year round it England doesn't it? I was there in the summer and it rained like 3 out of the 5-6 days I stayed there. correct me if I'm wrong, but..........
Yeah it rains a lot in the Summer.
But there's clearly going to be a difference between Summer and winter you retard.
It might rain quite a bit in England, but it doesn't snow all fucking year round, have some common sense.

I could say that I went to America in Hurricane season and there was a hurricane for all 5 days that I was there, therefore there are constant Hurricanes in America. You just picked a week that happened to rain.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 pm

okay then..............
I just don't understand why this is such a big deal. maybe you can just email Thomas Hansen or Blackriver or whatever and talk about this with them. I mean it's not their idea, but before you do anything about this, you should talk with them. does changing the day of GFD really matter a whole lot in the scheme of life?
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Tyler wrote:
okay then..............
I just don't understand why this is such a big deal. maybe you can just email Thomas Hansen or Blackriver or whatever and talk about this with them. I mean it's not their idea, but before you do anything about this, you should talk with them. does changing the day of GFD really matter a whole lot in the scheme of life?

Tyler, what are you talking about? We aren't changing the date of it, I'm asking what other people thing about it.
Lets face it, this thread is much better than half the crap you've posted in your time here.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:50 pm

That was a little harsh Danny. I get your point but all Tylers trying to do is understand the situation man.
Back to top Go down
BenBeebe
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
BenBeebe

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 pm

This is the same issue I had with Go Fingerboarding Day, because 9/10 fingerboarders FB every day, just as with skateboarders, most skate every day. The point of GO skateboarding day is to get people together, get out in the community and make a statement for skateboarding.

Given, there are many less fingerboarders world wide, but I feel the event/day should be at least a little further planned out, so companies and groups worldwide could all organize meet-ups, contests, and so forth all on the same day to really make a big statement for fingerboarding, while at the same time those who can't be involved with a big meet-up can still feel like they're a part of something.

It would be great to go on youtube a year from now and search "Go Fingerboarding Day 2013" and find hundreds of videos from around the world, but on such short notice I just don't feel like that's going to come from today. Nonetheless, I'm having a great day of seshing and meeting up with a few buddies to enjoy it later this evening.
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 pm

I agree 100%, but I still fingerboarded as much as I could
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:28 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
That was a little harsh Danny. I get your point but all Tylers trying to do is understand the situation man.
Sorry, I just get too easily annoyed at people who have no common sense hmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. Empty

Back to top Go down

A little rant about go fingerboarding day.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next