Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalA little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little rant about go fingerboarding day.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 am

We are al just us unpleasent to one and other can't we enjoy the festive period together and be niceeeee??/ rendeer
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 am

Every day is fingerboarding day, thats the beauty of it! I had a blast at the session skateshop again today with Anders. Got a few good pointers on some tricks and so on...was a good day out..

Also made this...so remember to be nice peeps! wink

A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 16801_10151338924896001_435869953_n
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 am

i live in seattle, we get generally the same weather as england and it isn't too bad. but you guys seem to get more clouds
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 am

I live in London and today it is raining
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Noel wrote:
I live in London and everyday is raining

Almost everyday very happy is raining... Unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Jordan B.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Jordan B.

Setup : G14

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:35 am

I don't like the timing of it, during one of the busiest weeks of the year. I took finals all day and forgot about it completely.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 pm

.... Didnt even read this thread. Danny and Pete76 hit the nail on the head. Not a thing else needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 1:02 pm

I think its a bad date. When its December 21st, you dont have time to go have a meetup with your friends because its 2 days before Christmas, and you can't travel because of ice and snow. The best thing I could do was I went on Tinychat with a few other fingerboarders.
Back to top Go down
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

Companies : Homewood Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood New Mold
New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:48 am

I see your point too Danny, and it's a very good point. But also, there are a TON of places in the world that still has great weather this time of year lol. Australia is in summertime right now, and even in the US all the southern states are in the 60s-80s temperature wise. So the weather is still great for them to fingerboard and travel outside too.

Buttt having said that, I agree in a lot of the places where fingerboarding is real popular it is pretty crappy outside which makes it impossible to do fun minis outside. I would be in favor of having another GFD like Pete said, one in the summertime. How about July 13th? The date has two prime numbers, and prime numbers are cool happy Plus the weather is nice (actually it's hot as shit in Chicago at that time of year but it's still easy to get around haha). It's also my cousin's bday (RIP) and is around the same time as when the next IFC will be, so there will be a ton of people together around that time which could make for some sick footy! :-p

Just a suggestion, but I like where this is goin wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.homewoodfb.com
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:32 am

Sucks you guys don't live in California.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:36 am

RageFB wrote:
I think its a bad date. When its December 21st, you dont have time to go have a meetup with your friends because its 2 days before Christmas, and you can't travel because of ice and snow. The best thing I could do was I went on Tinychat with a few other fingerboarders.

2 days before christmas? Justin please give this gentleman a rudimentary math lesson!
Back to top Go down
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:49 am

Hahah man it's been a couple months since I was in a classroom teaching math but I'm gonna say that December 21st is 4 days before Christmas? happy
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 5:57 am

BrianC wrote:
Sucks you guys don't live in California.
Amen Brian lol

RageFB wrote:
and 2 days? wtf Jake.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:10 am

JRskatr wrote:
I see your point too Danny, and it's a very good point. But also, there are a TON of places in the world that still has great weather this time of year lol. Australia is in summertime right now, and even in the US all the southern states are in the 60s-80s temperature wise. So the weather is still great for them to fingerboard and travel outside too.

Buttt having said that, I agree in a lot of the places where fingerboarding is real popular it is pretty crappy outside which makes it impossible to do fun minis outside. I would be in favor of having another GFD like Pete said, one in the summertime. How about July 13th? The date has two prime numbers, and prime numbers are cool happy Plus the weather is nice (actually it's hot as shit in Chicago at that time of year but it's still easy to get around haha). It's also my cousin's bday (RIP) and is around the same time as when the next IFC will be, so there will be a ton of people together around that time which could make for some sick footy! :-p

Just a suggestion, but I like where this is goin wink
Yeah I see what you mean! Although the USA has even better weather in summer doesn't it? shocked
The only people that wouldn't benefit from a summer GFD would be the Aussies, but there isn't that many of them shocked

13th July sounds good! I'll be in Malaysia at that time next year very happy
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

Companies : The Norwood Project.

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:34 am

I like it, especially the Math connection happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 am

@Danny yeah pretty much all of the US is nice in the summer, except maybe some of the lower states on the east coast because it is so humid..

If that does become the date I'll definitely plan to have the next IFC on that day since it falls on a Saturday! happyhappy

*also I just realized that 13 is my new lucky number too, I swear I didn't even think of that until just now!* This date is looking better and better lol.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 am

Cool idea, but bad date to select.

You know when you are creating a new holiday or whatever your supposed to look at the calendar for like a blank spot or gap to select so that I doesn't conflict with any other holiday.

I mean Christmas is just days away from go fingerboarding day, what a horrible day to select.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little rant about go fingerboarding day.   A little rant about go fingerboarding day. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A little rant about go fingerboarding day.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2