Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalA issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! Empty
PostSubject: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:27 am

Edit: Do Not embarrass me more ! thanks -_-
Okay... so.. I wanna mention that the thing that upsets me a little well.. I ain't gonna lie.. a lot !! is the thing that if you don't have a decent DSLR for filming you ain't good bro... The other people just skip your videos like it's invisible or something..

Also when people see a video from a new foreign person they haven't seen a video from.. they skip it ! Yes, they just skip it or watch it but don't comment or gives a like... why is that ??? When someone with a stunning slr films even 1/2 tricks only they get likes and also comments like 'so sick' and shit... When they see your video their like ohh naah.. I ain't gonna watch this video.. Look at the quality and probably the tricks will be bad too.. I just won't play it .. he dont even have subs,likes,views and comments.. (Comments from who ? From famous well known riders.. If someone new films a video and let's say mike schneider comment on it then the other good well known riders will also comment on that video.. Why ??? Probably they think they will become too misserable liking newer riders videos with BAD CAMERA and no subs + viewers and shit ?? But hey they can be also PRO with sick style and amazing tricks.. they just dont have a camera thats it..why dont you comment 'sick style' , 'sick tricks' on their videos as well ?!

Also a pro/well known rider uploads a video and gets 20/50/100 likes and about from 100 views up to ..lets say 500/1000 and even more for about 5/10/30mins/1hour depends on the video lenght maybe.. Also attitude towards well known / famous riders on forums is also different with some special privilleges and stuff.. I've also seen (and think that happens on every forum) when a new registered member (beginner) just bassicaly tries to ask something or make a thread but he did something wrong and right after, the pro members that are all friends with the other old members of the forum starts making fun of the beginner and some how they are basically against him... (This never happened to me here) Ooh have so much to say but I just can't be bothered to write because it's time for sleep.. I just wanted to share these thoughts with you guys ..

This was kinda killing me inside because I heard a quote from a famous rider saying 'you dont need nice camera,just enjoy riding ' something like that.. But come on guys we all want popularity, views and people to like and be able to see how good we are through videos right ? Whats the point of wasting money for ramps and setups and no one to be able to see and say wow you are talanted keep it up bro.. how are you going to get BATH invitation without them judges seen you how you ride ? how can you win ride to glory without good cam ? So.. I'm starting to save up for a nice camera probably t2i .. the only way someone to recognise you and basically make your self more popular into the scene..

Last edited by DimitarZlatarev on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:33 am

wow. that was actually kind of stupid. sorry if i come off rude but the only way to be good at fingerboarding is if you get a nice camera? I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Cody Zehner, Keith Killian, Alex Ward. All those guys rip and their cameras kind of suck. And "the point of wasting money on ramps and setups" is so that you can enjoy fingerboarding a bit more. This was really kind of........ pretentious, i guess? That might not be the right word, but i think you might know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:35 am

Tyler wrote:
wow. that was actually kind of stupid. sorry if i come off rude but the only way to be good at fingerboarding is if you get a nice camera? I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Cody Zehner, Keith Killian, Alex Ward. All those guys rip and their cameras kind of suck. And "the point of wasting money on ramps and setups" is so that you can enjoy fingerboarding a bit more. This was really kind of........ pretentious, i guess? That might not be the right word, but i think you might know what i mean.

Thats absolutely true bro ! I know that .. For me just that is the only way to get more recognised ? Kinda... ohh idk but yea camera for sure is needed
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:38 am

First of all, I have a pretty shitty camera and I think I'm still getting more than enough attention.
Second, now thats being extremely hypocritical.
First you ramble about how you need a dslr to be popular. And then you say you're gonna get a dslr? That pretty much proves that your goal is to be popular. And like Tyler said, you don't "waste money and ramps and setups". You spend money on stuff you like, you spend money because you enjoy fingerboarding, not because you want to get sponsored and become popular. Think of all the people that have amazing setups and have never made a video before (Ken). Does he care? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:39 am

i think you have it messed up...
for the most part, people get good because they are good and want to share it, they dont get good by having a nice camera.

Also, please, please, PLEASE use paragraphs!
It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to read without them, it is just a wall of text, man.
tl;dr, skimmed
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:42 am

People get good, then they buy a better camera to make their vids better.

What was the problem again?
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:44 am

DarianN wrote:
First of all, I have a pretty shitty camera and I think I'm still getting more than enough attention.
Second, now thats being extremely hypocritical.
First you ramble about how you need a dslr to be popular. And then you say you're gonna get a dslr? That pretty much proves that your goal is to be popular. And like Tyler said, you don't "waste money and ramps and setups". You spend money on stuff you like, you spend money because you enjoy fingerboarding, not because you want to get sponsored and become popular. Think of all the people that have amazing setups and have never made a video before (Ken). Does he care? Probably not.

True... Also yea I wanna get more popular .. Btw you have better cam then me and also I don't wanna be Mike ... I wanna be just like Axel or Sando Seidel .. These are the people that literaly came to my mind..

Oh poeple forget it.. It's a pretty damn stupid post .. I don't know why I created this thread seriously ..
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:46 am

Why would you want to be like someone else, instead of being yourself??
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:49 am

DarianN wrote:

Um.. pardon ?! I wanted to say that I want to make videos like them and get the amount of views,comments that much fame .. I didn't said I want to be them ?????!?'

Guys It's a complete nonsense i should've keep my thoughts in my head
Please dont comment And Also Mikel said it .. You get good you buy good camera.. Thats it.. Problem solved.. thanks man.. #peace everyone .. this is ready to be locked

Last edited by DimitarZlatarev on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:52 am

DimitarZlatarev wrote:
DarianN wrote:

Um.. pardon ?! I wanted to say that I want to make videos like them and get the amount of views,comments that much fame .. I didn't said I want to be them ?????!?'c
What I meant it be yourself. If you make videos like them then your stuff isn't really 'you'. Its their ideas and video format (?) being done by you BECAUSE you want to be like them. Just do everything in your own taste and 'fame' shall follow. lol
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:55 am

DarianN wrote:
DimitarZlatarev wrote:
DarianN wrote:

Um.. pardon ?! I wanted to say that I want to make videos like them and get the amount of views,comments that much fame .. I didn't said I want to be them ?????!?'c
What I meant it be yourself. If you make videos like them then your stuff isn't really 'you'. Its their ideas and video format (?) being done by you BECAUSE you want to be like them. Just do everything in your own taste and 'fame' shall follow. lol

Thats right #peace !

I'll delete the first post because i dont wanna embarrass my self haha which I think I already did ..

Last edited by DimitarZlatarev on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 am

Dimitar, I agree with a lot of the things you said. I do advise you to use paragraphs next time as it is very painful seeing a giant wall of text.

Sure, these things might be true but you don't need to let it bother you. I would like to use myself as an example. In 2011, I was sponsored by Close Up. I didn't even have a HD camcorder, never mind a DSLR. I barely had 100 subscribers and was not and am still not a "popular" fingerboarder. Imagine my surprise when an established fingerboard company took on a fingerboarder with zero fame and no HD camcorder.

I took the enjoyment of fingerboarding as my primary reason for fingerboarding, not goals to become sponsored or "popular", even though those things would also be great. I learned that I didn't need to care about what other people think or about certain cliques that may exist and I just did my own thing.

Another important aspect of this scene is the friendships you make. A positive attitude and healthy contributions to the scene, such as forum discussions and comments on videos, are great ways to integrate yourself. I am no company owner but if I was, I would most definitely choose a person who positively contributes to the scene over someone who has an expensive camera.

I believe you are wrong about the need for a good camera. Take this from a person who has fingerboarded since 2000, joined FFI in 2008 and gained sponsorship in 2011.

I still see myself as a relatively unknown fingerboarder in the vast sea of Stylemonsters. I don't get myself worked up about that. I just enjoy riding a fingerboard, discussing it online and meeting other enthusiasts. When you think about it, it's just a tiny piece of wood, some metal and some urethane. Is it really something you should rage about?

Miaow.
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:06 am

Xi wrote:
Dimitar, I agree with a lot of the things you said. I do advise you to use paragraphs next time as it is very painful seeing a giant wall of text.

Sure, these things might be true but you don't need to let it bother you. I would like to use myself as an example. In 2011, I was sponsored by Close Up. I didn't even have a HD camcorder, never mind a DSLR. I barely had 100 subscribers and was not and am still not a "popular" fingerboarder. Imagine my surprise when an established fingerboard company took on a fingerboarder with zero fame and no HD camcorder.

I took the enjoyment of fingerboarding as my primary reason for fingerboarding, not goals to become sponsored or "popular", even though those things would also be great. I learned that I didn't need to care about what other people think or about certain cliques that may exist and I just did my own thing.

Another important aspect of this scene is the friendships you make. A positive attitude and healthy contributions to the scene, such as forum discussions and comments on videos, are great ways to integrate yourself. I am no company owner but if I was, I would most definitely choose a person who positively contributes to the scene over someone who has an expensive camera.

I believe you are wrong about the need for a good camera. Take this from a person who has fingerboarded since 2000, joined FFI in 2008 and gained sponsorship in 2011.

I still see myself as a relatively unknown fingerboarder in the vast sea of Stylemonsters. I don't get myself worked up about that. I just enjoy riding a fingerboard, discussing it online and meeting other enthusiasts. When you think about it, it's just a tiny piece of wood, some metal and some urethane. Is it really something you should rage about?

Miaow.

Aww .. Everything you said happy .. Thanks for giving me hope haha.. I mean.. I'm not saying I'm hopelesss I motivate my self everyday and when I do tricks I'm imagining in my head how I edit a video and put a nice slow motion like the other videos.. haha also a nice edit ... at the end of the day it's popular to make stunning edits (I think ? from what I have saw .. but yeah I'll keep ride and enjoy fbing ! Because the feeling it's amazing !!!!
#peace wink
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:18 am

DimitarZlatarev wrote:
Xi wrote:

Miaow.

Aww .. Everything you said happy .. Thanks for giving me hope haha.. I mean.. I'm not saying I'm hopelesss I motivate my self everyday and when I do tricks I'm imagining in my head how I edit a video and put a nice slow motion like the other videos.. haha also a nice edit ... at the end of the day it's popular to make stunning edits (I think ? from what I have saw .. but yeah I'll keep ride and enjoy it ! Because the feeling it's amazing !!!!
#peace wink

Oh yes. I forgot to mention. I have barely any editing skills, haha. That is not an exaggeration either. To have a proper thought process in your editing is certainly going to help, not hinder you. Good luck and have fun.
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:21 am

Xi wrote:
DimitarZlatarev wrote:
Xi wrote:

Miaow.

Aww .. Everything you said happy .. Thanks for giving me hope haha.. I mean.. I'm not saying I'm hopelesss I motivate my self everyday and when I do tricks I'm imagining in my head how I edit a video and put a nice slow motion like the other videos.. haha also a nice edit ... at the end of the day it's popular to make stunning edits (I think ? from what I have saw .. but yeah I'll keep ride and enjoy it ! Because the feeling it's amazing !!!!
#peace wink

Oh yes. I forgot to mention. I have barely any editing skills, haha. That is not an exaggeration either. To have a proper thought process in your editing is certainly going to help, not hinder you. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks that you haven't actually attacked me but gave me advice and gave your self as a example happy !
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 am

Famous people are famous for a reason. They all did start off with few views. So I think most of the famous fbers deserve thier likes and subs.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:48 am

It's like you just copy and pasted bits and pieces from every other rant that's been posted on here and FFI. No one needs to do any of this stuff such as buying expensive set ups or nice cameras. It's a hobby dude enjoy it how you want to.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:47 am

yeag dudde no one cares about famous people. Do what you enjoy.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:26 am

I film on an iPhone 4. I get views happy
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:48 am

I hate when this happens. For instance, shreddinwithfingers (Skyler Rippee) is by far my favorite fingerboarder, but his camera is kind of meh, and some people don't look at his videos. Or Zach Taylor, he is a nice guy and a good fingerboarder , but his camera isn't a DSLR, so he only gets about 50-75 views a video. Then again, Mike Schneider went to rendering in 4:3, and no body stopped watching his videos, they even got on unite, so maybe it's a slight popularity thing, as well as the camera quality.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 am

laserfbs wrote:
I hate when this happens. For instance, shreddinwithfingers (Skyler Rippee) is by far my favorite fingerboarder, but his camera is kind of meh, and some people don't look at his videos. Or Zach Taylor, he is a nice guy and a good fingerboarder , but his camera isn't a DSLR, so he only gets about 50-75 views a video. Then again, Mike Schneider went to rendering in 4:3, and no body stopped watching his videos, they even got on unite, so maybe it's a slight popularity thing, as well as the camera quality.
dude....you're kidding right?
Skyler has a t3i with a rokinon lmao
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:54 am

I could really care less about spending 600 dollars on a DSLR. I enjoy filming with what I have, my JVC, gopro, and ipod. I still get a decent amount of views and subs, more than i can imagine. I like it that way, and i spend my money on ramps and new setups, because I enjoy fingerboarding more how i do it.
famous peple arent famous for their camera, their famous for their fingerboarding
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:05 am

RageFB wrote:

famous peple arent famous for their camera, their famous for their fingerboarding

/thread
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:08 am

Took the words out of my mouth jake. It's not like a better camera will
Make you not have to still work hard on your videos.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 am

RageFB wrote:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !   A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think ! Empty

Back to top Go down

A issue that vexes a lot of people in the community.. I think !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next