Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBearing Wheels Issue Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bearing Wheels Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

Companies : Labrador Fingerboards

Bearing Wheels Issue Empty
PostSubject: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:44 am

Well more of a hardware issue.
So I have some china wides, I've been shaping them and planned on painting them. The process I'm using to shape them is very slow, so I've missed actually skating my setup. I decided to take a break from shaping, put the half-shaped trucks back on and ride it for a little bit.

I was putting on my last wheel and about half way on, I realised that the nut was barely moving, it was stripped. So now one of my Roll9's are stuck... It wouldn't be such a big issue to me if the truck wasn't 1/2 shaped. The truck isn't symmetrical and that will drive me absolutely insane.

I spent the last two hours trying to slowly unscrew it- I've gotten it pretty close to the edge, but now it doesn't seem to be moving. I'm not sure what I should do, as they are my only bearing wheels. If you have any suggestions or advice it'd be much appreciated happy I might post a picture later, if you want to see, but it's currently 1:45 am my time and I'm tired :3
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 am

you can either keep trying, or find some very thin pliers and either try to unscrew the nut, or pull the axle out of the truck. Or if the wheel has room to move you could maybe push it towards the nut so there is some axle exposed, get a thin saw, and cut the axle off without damaging the wheel?

Last one probably isn't the best idea haha
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

PostSubject: Re: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Ok thanks Kerry happy

I'll see if I have some small pliers- don't think I'll try the last one though haha
Back to top Go down
ZooFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ZooFingerboards

Companies : Zoofingerboards,fingerboarding
Setup : Redemtion MC 32mm,Ytrucks,TKY,WW,Zootape

PostSubject: Re: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 pm

if u cant get em out, buy some wheels on zoofb happy
zoofb.tk
Back to top Go down
http://zoofb.tk/
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Yay china wheels happy
Back to top Go down
Labrador_FB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Labrador_FB

PostSubject: Re: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Well I've talked to the owner of Locust wheels, and will be buying a set from them very soon, sorry.

But yeah I was able to turn the nut with a pair of tweezers, but turns out the axle is loose and is turning with the nut. Darn these China trucks. I need me some brt's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearing Wheels Issue   Bearing Wheels Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearing Wheels Issue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1