Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalhow do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? Empty
PostSubject: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm

i know you use the nail stickers but how do you put them on?
i ve tried it and the stickers were wrinkled and didnt stay sad
i really need someone to reply awkward
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Maybe try applying them with a hairdryer or a heat gun.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Put the nail stickers in the bin and get a set of white trucks hydrograhix dipped = sorted..
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

PostSubject: applying brr truck graphics   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Bakko wrote:
Put the nail stickers in the bin and get a set of white trucks hydrograhix dipped = sorted..

i dont think i understand what you said awkward
thanks for replying
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Oh, sorry.. happy

What I woud do to get good graphics on a set of BRT trucks or simular woud be to get a set of white ones, then take them to a place that does hydrographics. It is the best way to perfectly add extremely detailed graphics to shaped objects of all sorts.

A thin film of graphics is floated in a a fluid solution and then the object is dipped straight down in the solution pressing the graphic film perfectly onto the object that is dipped. it is fairly common and done to all kinds of things that needs detailed graphics..
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

Companies : The Norwood Project.

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 pm

The dipping method for applying graphics leaves a lot thicker coat of paint than you would think, plus theres no way to get details as it's a swirl pattern thats left, but here's an example on a larger scale. I couldn't find anything smaller that looked any good tongue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmSV2l6JFt0
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenorwoodproject.co.uk
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 pm

^ I don't think you're right on that one. The shaking is just to get the excess off, I think it would work very well
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 pm

The shaking is to get the water off, the paint would stick to any hard surface but it leaves about a 1 mm coat in places which is quite thick and it's very hard to get a good swirl on something as small as a hanger.

Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm

He's talking about the nail stuff , not hydrodipping...

Did you get this stuff?
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=362277&catid=295521&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler

Says to just peel and stick is what it says??
Maybe ask your sister lol or mom

Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Its just that nail polish stuff or something. ^^^
idk how to apply it, i think its a stick on type thing
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Had no trouble with this for gun parts. Leaves only a superthin layer of paint no where near 1mm to the objects. The "film" per say dissolves in the water when activated and it is then rinsed after dipping to remove PVA. Though you may be right about the hydrographics you have been dealing with Pete.. happy
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 pm

I did mine today, I guess I could try making a quick video or something..?

Is just peeling them off, sitting them on so that they're nice and straight and then pressing them evenly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 am

Do they effect weight, grind, size, etc much?
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:33 am

Would love to try this.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 am

Doing this one this weekend, hopefully wink
how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? SalonEffects_HRMEROR_275x275
Back to top Go down
Pete76
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Pete76

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 am

I've only ever seen it done with thicker oil based paints like Humbrol so must admit my knowledge is limited happy

Just did some reading on Durocoat for gun parts, the stuff looks amazing but you need an airbrush. I'm intreeged, what paint do you use and do you have to bake the parts after?

I asked a friend who does make up professionally and she suggested starting from the top of the hanger (the bit you grind on) and smooth it in to place with a stiff, small head paintbrush, but recons it'd be tricky so maybe it's just a case of trial and error.

She also doesn't think all of the one's that have appeared lately are nail stickers. Some have the graphic on the whole hanger, some on just the axle part and not where the kingpin goes through. Her take on the ones that cover the whole hanger is that they may be transfers, so maybe theres more news on these designer BRR's to come out?
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 am

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:

They don't effect size or weight, but they do dampen your grind and you don't slide as well ima try heating some that i put on a TD hangar to see if they work well with the heat tho
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 pm

OK GUYS I FOUND OUT HOW TO APPLY THEM USING THE NAIL STICKERS
-----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcFDvDyKxk&list=WL8951FCA5F7EC75C6

BUT IF YOU WANT TO GET REALLY TECHNICAL AND GO TO PAINT PLACES (YOULL PROBABLY GET SUPER POPULAR BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT)

thanks everyone for commenting on this page very happy cool
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Jay W wrote:
SeamusMcFlurry wrote:

They don't effect size or weight, but they do dampen your grind and you don't slide as well ima try heating some that i put on a TD hangar to see if they work well with the heat tho

Hm...might give them a miss then. Or just try putting them onto chinas to see what they feel like.
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 am

ok guys i put the graphics on the trucks today and i think i did an O.K. job. they do make your grind softer sounding/feeling. ill put up pictures later happy
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 am

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
Jay W wrote:
SeamusMcFlurry wrote:

Hm...might give them a miss then. Or just try putting them onto chinas to see what they feel like.

I haven't grinder on my brt's since I out the on, but on the trucks that I practiced on they appear to get harder after a day or so, and it looks like they last longer if you wait a day or so before grinding on them
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Im definitely gonna go to cvs and pick these up! They look easy enough to do. I'll put them on my chinas
Back to top Go down
Wilco
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Wilco

Companies : Wilco Fingerboarding
Setup : Flatface g13 32mm

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Use hairdryer.
Back to top Go down
http://wilco.bigcartel.com
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

my final results
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?   how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks? Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you apply the graphics to brr trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next