Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SovietRussiaSam
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SovietRussiaSam

Companies : Fingerboarding and Football

What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? Empty
PostSubject: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:47 am

So I might get laughed at or whatever, but I wan't to know what difference is there in the trucks besides 40$. I would imagine that they don't enhance performance too much, but once again, I may be mistaken. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:08 am

One of them is made out of worse materials and they are mass produced cheaply in most of the time China. They tend to break very easily. There is alsonsomething strange with the axle! Like you saud there is a massive difference in performance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 am

SovietRussiaSam wrote:
So I might get laughed at or whatever, but I wan't to know what difference is there in the trucks besides 40$. I would imagine that they don't enhance performance too much, but once again, I may be mistaken. Thanks.

60 bucks plus shipping.

Nothing. Technically. People say pivot systems, while others mod the hell out of their trucks. I know one of these trucks come to you broken, yet offer you not only a chance to buy special wheels because others wont work on them properly.. BUT.. you also get a fix-kit.

So... this is basically what you're looking at;

Brt + special edition wheels + first aid kit(AND YOU WILL NEED THIS) = around 130 bucks.
Ytrucks = 40-60 bucks.. ?
TD trucks = 5-7 bucks.

People can yell "support the scene".. but.. im puzzled. awkward Why am i paying 60 bucks for something to break, then another 26 bucks for first aid parts, then another 40-60 bucks for wheels to get the full effect of the item... when the modified first aid kit could just be the true end product with the price of 60 bucks?

Spend your money however you want. Just dont do it without knowing what youre actually paying for. study
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 am

Now if only we could make tables on forums... Oh wait!

X Tech Deck regulars Tech Deck wides Teck Deck Extra-Wides (2010-2011) Tech Deck Expert Sk8 Tech Deck Competition Series China Wides Close Up G4 BRT 2.0s Ytrucks X3
Width (mm) 25 29 32 29 25 & 23 (in original series) 29 29 29 & 32 (Wide) 29
Single or Double axle Double Double Double Double Single Double Single Single Single
Kingpin StandardStandard Standard Adjustable Standard Standard Standard Standard Inverted (Torx head)
Pivot Cup in BaseplateHole Hole Hole Soft Cup Hole Hole Cup in Baseplate Soft Cup Soft Cup
Default Bushings Very Hard Very Hard Very Hard Unknown - comes with 2 sets Very Hard Very Hard Medium-Hard Hard Medium
Bushing Washers None None None Flat washers None None Conical washers Flat washers Flat washers
Threaded nuts No No No No No No No Yes - axle and kingpin nutsYes - axle nuts
Hanger branding No No No Indy logo No No Close Up Skull Hand logo No Y logo in the metal
Colours Raw, polished, solid & metallic colours Raw/polished Raw Polished hanger & red base Polished hanger & red/blue base Most solid colours Raw & some Solid colours Polished & many solid colours Many solid colours and colourways
Default screws Small head & medium length Small head & medium length Small head & medium length Unknown - probably Small head & long length Small head & long length Large head & short length (Chode screws)Small head & long length Medium head & long long length (steel) Medium head & medium length (with Torx heads)
Nuts material Brass Brass Brass Unknown - probably brass None - wheels unremovable Brass Brass Steel Steel
Prices* $3 for a complete $5 for a Tech Deck Retro series ~$5 for a Tech Deck Longboard Unknown $8 for a complete $3-4 $9.24 (180 CZK from Swat.cz), $28 for complete $68 $46.18 (€35)

*Prices do not include shipping costs.

Last edited by Xi on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am

I think I'm in love with you, Xi.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 am

TDs are 3 bucks?? They went down in price? Dang. Dang dang dang.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:33 am

Deshawn Harris wrote:
TDs are 3 bucks?? They went down in price? Dang. Dang dang dang.

Well, you can buy some that are $3 that have a smaller packaging and only come with the board. $5 are the normal ones with the spare wheels, stickers and tool.
Back to top Go down
SovietRussiaSam
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SovietRussiaSam

Companies : Fingerboarding and Football

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks Xi, I understand the prices but I want to know firsthand from someone that has ridden both types of trucks... Are the trucks worth the money and is there a noticeable difference?
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Lol, Xi knows whats up.
Back to top Go down
weakfingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
weakfingers

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Xi, if you don't mind, I'm going to post that table on FFI. Really awesome and helpful.

Honestly, a good set of trucks isn't something that's going to give you trouble or break often. If you could, I'd get a pair. I consider a good pair of trucks a huge luxury to have.

If you don't have the money, mod Tech Deck wide trucks and they should work more than fine.

Yes, you will notice the difference, but probably not as much as from going from Tech Deck wheels to bearing wheels, etc.

Last edited by weakfingers on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weakfingers
MitchErickson
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MitchErickson

Companies : no company, love Longboarding.
Setup : Yellowood Mushroom graphic, White 2.0 BRTs and Wrinklers
Or
Blosom Deck, Y Trucks (yellow), Oak Blue motions.

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Ok here is my opinion on trucks, i have a pair of Ytrucks and a pair of BRR and i had a pair of Redawns. If you're strapped for cash easily get a pair of cheap trucks... but if you have the money i would definitely recommend getting Blackriver Trucks. They are just waay smoother then any other trucks out there (in my oppinion) Ytrucks are good too but they arn't quite as smooth as the BlackRiver Trucks (once again in my oppinion).
That is mainly because i ride trucks really loose though. if you want cheaper but still very good trucks get the Ytrucks they are both very good (some people like Ytrucks more than blackrivers.) this is just my point of view.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MitchSayWhat?feature=mhee
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:03 pm

tech deck's alwase have there nuts fall off...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
weakfingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
weakfingers

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:10 pm

T-Dub97 wrote:

Yes, the nuts fall off especially if you don't have rubber bushings and washers, wheels fly off, and axles can become loose.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:26 pm

tech deck trucks are made of tech deck brand.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:39 pm

nitromelvin wrote:

interesting observation, Melvin..

get BRR's or Y's they are far better than td trucks or chinas, and they dont break happy
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

Setup : Redemption Agape
TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 pm

weakfingers wrote:
T-Dub97 wrote:

Yes, the nuts fall off especially if you don't have rubber bushings and washers, wheels fly off, and axles can become loose.

I hate it when that happens :/ hopefully I'll be allowed to purchase a pair of Y's during the start of next year! Congrats Gary on getting on the 'Ytrucks Team' !
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Brts are made of brr brand.

Ytrucks look like Y

Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:35 pm

props to xi for such a great resource there happy
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

thanks mate
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 pm

^^
wtf
Back to top Go down
MitchErickson
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MitchErickson

Companies : no company, love Longboarding.
Setup : Yellowood Mushroom graphic, White 2.0 BRTs and Wrinklers
Or
Blosom Deck, Y Trucks (yellow), Oak Blue motions.

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Billy Mackean wrote:
nitromelvin wrote:

interesting observation, Melvin..
nitromelvin wrote:
thanks mate
sebastiaanKruik wrote:

^^
wtf

thats what he was saying thanks mate at. anyways...

Long story short, yes BlackRiver Trucks and Y-Trucks are worth it. you get what you pay for... usually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MitchSayWhat?feature=mhee
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey Xi, i noticed you mentioned about a wikia elsewhere. I have one, 20 or so pages worth of fingerboard things.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 pm

yea y's and brts have nice locking nuts so they dont fall off. no homo! happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

My china wides were better than my y's, and i've tried brt's few times, imo there's no difference on performance. The noticeable difference in the looks, brr's look best, then y's and then wides. My china wides have never broke/got loose axles etc.
Back to top Go down
weakfingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
weakfingers

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Jack L wrote:
My china wides were better than my y's, and i've tried brt's few times, imo there's no difference on performance. The noticeable difference in the looks, brr's look best, then y's and then wides. My china wides have never broke/got loose axles etc.

The differences are subtle. If you ride tight trucks, it's easy to use any trucks you want, as long as you use some good bushings.

It's tough to ride loose trucks without glue if you're using non-locking nuts though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?   What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are the differences between Tech Deck Trucks, BRR Trucks, and YTrucks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next