Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFlatface dual durometers review. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flatface dual durometers review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

Flatface dual durometers review. Empty
PostSubject: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Haha Imma do this the way Kerry does his reviews, but hopefully this will help you happy
Pics? (soon) They are the turqoise inner material and white as the outer material.

Shipping took actually 13 days from Flatface to Finland, which is alot more faster than I expected, with my last package from Flatface it took 3weeks, so 10/10

First impressions The new packaging was really nice and colorful, I like how the turqoise shines trough the white. So yeah in this part I was worried about if the outer material will move. But nothing bad to say about these so far so
10/10

Craftmanship Yes the outer material moves in three wheels, it moves ''alot'' in one wheel, and just a tiny bit in two others, I just emailed Mike about that, and I'm considering about putting there just a little bit of epoxy glue. But the moving is understandable because it has to be so perfect latheing so the moving depends about 0.01mm faul in latheing. So I'll give these 9/10 for craftmanship.

Performance The moving of the outer material doesn't affect the performance. These wheels roll smoother than normal set of Flatface br editions. Like Mike said in the product description that these give you unique feeling when riding that's true. These wheels are pretty soft and heavier than normal Flatface white br editions. If you dont like heavy wheels these are still ridable and good. The only thing that bothers me is that what if the outer material will fall off???? 10/10

Overall these wheels are worth picking up, a little pricy though imo. 9.5/10
Hopefully this helped you!
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 pm

bit gutting how they move still don't like flatface wheels haha nice review though!
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Hmm..sounds wack. The outer material should not move from the inner material at all. If it does, it means that the wheel itself is not constructed as a dual durometer wheel should.

The inner material is supposed to be constructed/molded in a way that when the outer material is poured the inner harder material will "grab" the outer material and it will forever be fixed together.

So there should not be a need for glue or whatever to fix what should not be a case to deal with in the first place for this kind of product. Good thing you are giving feedback on this straight to the source!
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Nice review! These wouldn't be my first choise of wheels but the look nice.
But I am thinking about getting some "clear" G6's if I don't get Winklers for my birthday very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Flatface dual durometers review. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm confused.. How can the wheels have an issue like this:

"Yes the outer material moves in three wheels, it moves ''alot'' in one wheel, and just a tiny bit in two others,"

And still score 9/10 in craftmanship?
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Mikkel S wrote:

"Yes the outer material moves in three wheels, it moves ''alot'' in one wheel, and just a tiny bit in two others,"

Because they're flatface cool
Back to top Go down
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm

cause all comes down to 0.01 mm faul in lathe, if thats made they move like that, and yes maybe i should lower that a little
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Tomi wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:

Because they're flatface cool

TOMI IS BACK OMG
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Hmm why do people review the shipping? It's beyond the company's control once the package gets sent out? sad
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Nice review happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Pepe M. wrote:
cause all comes down to 0.01 mm faul in lathe, if thats made they move like that, and yes maybe i should lower that a little
dude it's still poorly made, no disrespect to Mike or anything but a dual durometer wheels should NEVER come apart or even move the slightest bit
i'd give it a 7 in craftsmanship if it's moving but it doesn't affect performance
Back to top Go down
ZacDoesFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ZacDoesFB

Companies : Youtube.com/ ZacGarrettFB
Setup : Zink 32mm Trip Red
BRT's 32mm Black
Witchcraft bushings white
FF Black River Edition Wheels White

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Nice review,I might end of up of getting a pair soon.
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:14 am

cute review.
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:56 pm

I likey these mini reviews, I now feel like picking up a set happy
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:06 pm

nice review very happy im getting a set soon.
Back to top Go down
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyMon May 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Very nice review. The reason that the 2 parts of the wheel are not 100% mated to each other is becuase a) they don't need to be, and b) they're only as accurate as the lathe that they're made on which is probably only rated to one thousandth of an inch or one ten- thousandth of an inch (.001, or .0001). The wheels are machined out and press fit together, however since the material is not that hard, there will always be a very small tolerance that the wheels will have betwen the 2 parts. I can say for a fact that the wheels do not come apart on or off of the truck and the white one's with the "a" material on the inside are probably the best wheels I've ever used, and I used to swear I'd never say any wheels would ever top my winklers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
ENCHENG
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : None at the moment
Setup : FlatFace G13 32mm
Ytrucks X4
Oak Wheels White Plus

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:34 am

Would the material come off? As in would the two material stay on together?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/1Ph0n3L1M
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 am

Yeah they do stay together
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Setup : FlatFace G14 Face Shaver, FBS, Blackriver 32mm super silvers, tky bushings, Turquoise/Yellow flat face dual durometers.

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:01 pm

i have a set out for delivery right now! yellow core white outer! can't wait to try em
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flatface dual durometers review.   Flatface dual durometers review. Empty

Back to top Go down

Flatface dual durometers review.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1