Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalModify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size Empty
PostSubject: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:22 am

So I just bought some Techdecks Simpsons decks not because I'm going to ride them, but because they had some cool green and yellow painted trucks!

I remember asking someone around here how to modify some Blackriver Trucks to a 26mm size and they said that all you need to use is a file.

Anyway, I'm wanting to know if anyone can offer any instructions on how to modify wide trucks to a smaller 26mm size?

For Techdecks, I'm thinking about getting some pliers and just pulling out the axles out of each side of the hanger. At least I think that they are still made that way unless Techdeck some how is making single axle trucks recently. So I'm going to try and pull out the axles and then either sand down the width of the hanger with a belt sander or cut it with a drimmel like tool to the desired with. Then if the axles don't fit back in I may drill a little hole into the hanger so that the axles will fit.

So does this sound like a good idea or can someone give me some better advice or even direct me to another post which describes how to do this kind of modification?

Thanks

Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:27 am

why dont you just paint regular tech deck trucks green or yellow? that seems way easier.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:46 am

alexander wrote:
why dont you just paint regular tech deck trucks green or yellow? that seems way easier.

Honestly I have tried this and I can't seem to ever get it to work right.

I have tried spray paint, but the paint doesn't stick to the metal. It just flakes off and never looks right.

I have tried nail polish, but its too sticky like and never gives you that "smooth" grind while grinding.

I have tried other paints, but they just never seem to be as good as the Techdeck paint.

Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:53 am

nailpolish, lacquer. Works every time lol
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:37 am

Maybe what Ben said?
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:21 am

Make sure you use clear coat after the paint but if you want to but them then yes do it your way happy
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:02 am

If you ever do anything with paint on your setup. Make sure to clear coat it 3-5 times for it to look good and slide well.

BTW this should be on Quick Questions.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 am

You cant modify TD trucks to another size.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:43 am

why dont you use normal tech deck trucks instead and paint them ?
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:28 pm

BrianC wrote:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021019190140/http://www.moshmelloz.com/tensor.html
check out this tutorial

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Just so that I know that I'm doing it kind of right.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size   Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size Empty

Back to top Go down

Modify Techdeck wide trucks to 26mm size

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1