Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhere can I buy 25-26mm trucks? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:41 am

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.

I like to use the regular sized techdeck trucks on my fingerboards. I believe that this size is 25 or 26 mm in length. I've been looking around online and checking out many of the various fingerboarding companies that exist and I'm having a hard time finding this 25 - 26 mm techdeck sized truck to purchase.

Flateface has dump trucks, but from what I understand they are just pained techdeck trucks. So I'm not interested in those, I can paint techdeck trucks myself.

All the other truck sizes that I'm finding online are for a wider board size and are 29mm long.

I would love to order the Blackriver ramps trucks in a 25-26 mm size, but I don't think that they make them in that size.

I would love to order a set of Y-Trucks in a 25-26mm size, but again I don't think that make them.

Are techdecks trucks the only brand that makes a 25-26mm size truck? I'd like to upgrade to a better truck, but want to keep the smaller size.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:50 am

indeed they are the only brand who makes them that size,pro trucks are like 29mm at minimum, at least I don't know any other brand of pro trucks that makes them smaller
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:51 am

check closeup .
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:14 pm

The market isn't big enough for professional trucks in this size, so unfortunately you're stuck with tech deck trucks or close up gen 3 trucks!

I ride 26mm decks though, Callum S shortened some brt hangars down to 26mm for me though, so I have a set of 26mm brts tongue
I'd recommend doing it if you can pick up a cheap set of used brts, but I wouldn't recommend butchering a brand new set happy
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
The market isn't big enough for professional trucks in this size, so unfortunately you're stuck with tech deck trucks or close up gen 3 trucks!

I ride 26mm decks though, Callum S shortened some brt hangars down to 26mm for me though, so I have a set of 26mm brts tongue
I'd recommend doing it if you can pick up a cheap set of used brts, but I wouldn't recommend butchering a brand new set happy

Cool, at least I know that other fingerboards out there ride 26mm size trucks, but yeah its a bummer that you have to butcher expensive high quality trucks just to get it down to your preferred size.

And yeah, I checked out the closeup site and yeah, it does look as if those trucks are 26mm wide. That's awesome!
The only thing now is to find out if the closeup trucks are just hand painted techdeck trucks or if there are really their own truck. I do love the tiny skull hand graphic on the trucks though.

Oh, and I'm going to try and make it to the next Rendezvous, hopefully Rendezvous 15 in the spring. Funny thing is, is that I've been fingerboarding for years, but I'm completely unknown to the scene.

I'd like to find someone to go with when I take the trip up there. Anyone considering going that's from Texas?

Anyways, Thanks guys.

Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Close Up G3 trucks could be what you are looking for. I don't think you can buy the trucks on their own though. They are not painted TD trucks. Close Up trucks are single axle and you can look at the shapes of the baseplates and hangers, they're different to TD ones.

I bought some 25mm gold trucks from eBay once but I don't think they sell them on there any more. I then found some 25mm raw trucks on there and again I don't think they sell them any more.

I would probably just buy some new Tech Decks if you just want 1 or 2 or buy a lot of Tech Decks so you can take all the trucks. By lot, I meant a listing on eBay where the seller is selling multiple TDs together at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:19 pm

I ride 27mm's and use tech deck trucks. You can shape them with a file to make them pretty nice though, and they work well with brt edition wheels if you shape them right.

But besides that I'd go with closeup G3'

Aloe the new tech decks come with chrome trucks, gold trucks, painted trucks and raw trucks! You can probably find them all if you shop around

Edit: Danny sent me some old x1's that I don't use much... I could probably make them 27mm... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Murdock
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Murdock

Setup : wide decks
med kicks/concave
loose but firm trucks

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:45 pm

/\ If you can paint them you can do this...

https://youtu.be/cOJ4DEERzrI

When i shaped a pair I actually put the truck in my dremel to "lathe" them with a file. happy
Here's mine.
Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? GEDC4737_zps20a78b8f
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Maybe Close up??
But I do know Class A sells 25mm trucks, but theyre basically just tech deck trucks.
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

Companies : Prowood Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 am

I have a small supply of 26mm trucks in stock too.. They are pretty basic, but only $6. Free USA shipping. They are NOT Tech Deck trucks..

http://prowoodfingerboards.com/pro-trucks/pro-trucks-truck-and-wheel-assembly-26mm

cheers,
Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.prowoodfingerboards.com.
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 am

ProwoodJim wrote:
I have a small supply of 26mm trucks in stock too.. They are pretty basic, but only $6. Free USA shipping. They are NOT Tech Deck trucks..

http://prowoodfingerboards.com/pro-trucks/pro-trucks-truck-and-wheel-assembly-26mm

cheers,
Jim

Practically the same thing as Tech Deck trucks though.

Just buy a Tech Deck for $5, it's cheaper and you get some badass stickers too.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 am

I know that I can buy Techdeck trucks at the store for like $3-4, but I'm looking for like the higher end trucks such as Y-Trucks and Blackriver Trucks, but only in a 26mm size.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:04 am

Don't exist unfortunately. You've have to modify a set of BRTs sad
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am

Tech Decks and Close Up are the only company to have ever produced 26mm trucks and IIRC the Close Up trucks are Discontinued. For a high end 26mm I suggest you request Callum to modify BRT. At a price of course.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 am

Oscar V. wrote:
I suggest you request Callum to modify BRT. At a price of course.

It's not that hard, aha, all you need to do is take the axles out and file down the hangar tongue
Then file the axle down when you've put the wheels and nuts back on very happy
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I dont see why cant you just set up a set of regular TD trucks with the following accessories and you have a impressive performing set of 25mm trucks for only $18...if you are not just after the bling and wanting to spend $65 for a set of trucks that is..

I have a couple sets of BRTs and there is nothing magical happening. Shure they are absolute dope and trusty in performance. But this setup will get you pretty much the same performance and locknuts all over the place for under half the amount and to your 25mm specs..

Links:

First Aid Lock Nut System $14.00
Wheel washers $1.00
FlatFace Team Bushings $3.00
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Oscar V. wrote:
Tech Decks and Close Up are the only company to have ever produced 26mm trucks and IIRC the Close Up trucks are Discontinued. For a high end 26mm I suggest you request Callum to modify BRT. At a price of course.

Who is Callum and how much does he charge to modify BRT?

Bakko

Thanks for the info and the links, unfortunately none of them are in stock, but that's cool.
Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Pureskate wrote:
Oscar V. wrote:

Bakko

Thanks for the info and the links, unfortunately none of them are in stock, but that's cool.
You can get them from other places
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 pm

ConcreteFBS wrote:
Pureskate wrote:
Oscar V. wrote:

Bakko

You can get them from other places

I am Callum cool
Back to top Go down
Simon_Quigley
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Simon_Quigley

Setup : finga blue graphic
wides
labs
china

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?   Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where can I buy 25-26mm trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1