Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSo I've been finger boarding for several years now... Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I've been finger boarding for several years now...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

Setup : Flatface G15, Ytrucks X4, Old Flatface Wheels, FBS

So I've been finger boarding for several years now... Empty
PostSubject: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 am

But I've only ever used tech decks.

I never actually gave it thought to try and see if there were other fingerboard companies until just recently and I quickly found several.

So I decided it was time for an upgrade because I'm sure you all know that everything is better than a tech deck.

So I'm buying a Broken Knuckle for my first board that isn't a tech deck. Yeah yeah, I've realized a lot of people complain about the China parts and such but I think it is a really good choice for a first board.

I'm just buying a simple bamboo wood board with blue wheels and silver trucks.

I'm planning to go to a skate shop around my house sometime soon after I receive the board in the mail and maybe buying a skate decal or two (really small ones) to put on the bottom of the board so it isn't as plain.

So yeah, you think I made the right decision to buy a 15 buck board for my first one that isn't a tech deck or no?
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 am

Yea, don't want to spend $100+ only to realise you don't care too much about using it again.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 am

Zink wrote:
Yea, don't want to spend $100+ only to realise you don't care too much about using it again.

very true, but if you did and didn't like it, you could turn around and sell everything here wink
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:31 am

Hmm, alright.

If I enjoy fingerboarding with the Broken Knuckle board I think I'll ask for a ramp or two from black river for Christmas next year.

And probably a berlin wood or flatface board as well. Most likely flatface because I like was Mike Schneider does around in his community to support the sport.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:34 am

It's fine if your first board is a China, mine was, and I wouldn't be suprised if others here had a China as there complete. Just upgrade soon happy
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:03 am

morrowsnow wrote:
Zink wrote:

very true, but if you did and didn't like it, you could turn around and sell everything here wink
Even then you'd lose out on money because he wouldn't get every penny back.
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 am

Ye that's good. As a first wooden board china companies are good happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:32 am

yeh everyone had a china at once tongue
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 am

I used a china as my first then upgraded bit by bit.
Good choice man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 am

JFingerboards wrote:

haha not back in my day. tech decks or legit companies, and if we wanted wides we had to buy the super rare (at the time) tech deck oldschools which cost like £10. My wides cost half the price of my No Comply deck back in the day when I got it, haha.. still I love that board, still have it. CP mold 28mm <3

honestly there are companies you can support to pick up a deck for a tiny bit more than china that'll last you soo much longer. I think the next thing you should consider upgrading is a deck - if you've got china trucks and wheels they'll at least be okay on a nice board - you don't have to go as expensive as BW or FF though - check companies like Fingerplant, Zonawood, Pure, etc happy
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am

kerryDETH wrote:
JFingerboards wrote:

haha not back in my day. tech decks or legit companies, and if we wanted wides we had to buy the super rare (at the time) tech deck oldschools which cost like £10. My wides cost half the price of my No Comply deck back in the day when I got it, haha.. still I love that board, still have it. CP mold 28mm <3

honestly there are companies you can support to pick up a deck for a tiny bit more than china that'll last you soo much longer. I think the next thing you should consider upgrading is a deck - if you've got china trucks and wheels they'll at least be okay on a nice board - you don't have to go as expensive as BW or FF though - check companies like Fingerplant, Zonawood, Pure, etc happy

I still have an unopened td oldschool. It's a Santa Cruz. The second parts true. I also didn't have a china complete. The most china I've gotten was trucks and wheels. My decks were always from legit companies.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : So I've been finger boarding for several years now... J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:53 am

I'm going to be totally honest.

I think that buying china stuff from companies that does nothing but sell china stuff is one of the worst things you can do.

By buying from those companies you support an industry that has kept the innovation in fingerboarding on a minimum for years.

We need to put our money into those small passionate companies that are going to come up with some good products, if we don't then we will all end up skating china setups in a slightly improved version, but still with the low quality.

A setup from proper companies might become a bit more expensive, but you could have started out with a Pure/Temple/Zink/Lovedrug deck and just use your TD hardware to set it up.
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Well, according to most sources Broken Knuckle only uses imported China trucks, wheels, screw, and all the metal and plastic parts.

They do make their own decks though and the decks are pretty high quality.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:54 pm

SurfLapras wrote:
Well, according to most sources Broken Knuckle only uses imported China trucks, wheels, screw, and all the metal and plastic parts.

They do make their own decks though and the decks are pretty high quality.
maybe get the wheels off of them and then get a fingerplant from fingersized with the setup kit (trucks, non bearing wheels and tape for £2)
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:55 pm

You dont need other sources than the product title:

http://www.brokenknucklefingerboards.com/?q=node/278

P-rep = Peoples republic = china.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:58 pm

roswell complete ?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:04 pm

JFingerboards wrote:
roswell complete ?

Pretty sure they're china. Possibly with some sort of refinish.

Either that, or they are made with terrible molds.
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:10 pm

It does say they are stationed in New York, and it is called "People's Republic" because they want to allow all people to have fingerboards.

Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 pm

SurfLapras wrote:
It does say they are stationed in New York, and it is called "People's Republic" because they want to allow all people to have fingerboards.

Or something like that.
mikkel will always win tongue and just search around the company section of this forum and you will see some real nice decks from companies like pure, ambition, temple, zink, weca, frost, leaf etc... and all for reasonably cheap prices
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:55 pm

[quote="SurfLapras"]It does say they are stationed in New York, and it is called "People's Republic" because they want to allow all people to have fingerboards.

Or something like that.[/quote

It's called People's Republic because it's China stuff. People's Republic of China. It's a subtle hint lol.
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah... china stuff isn't that bad... and you should really check ebay because I got a berlinwood and a g12 for 20 bucks, and there are a lot of other deals there..... and you should try a board kennel. Really good for the price.
Back to top Go down
BeastPants
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BeastPants

Companies : BeastPants
Setup : BeastPants (Feral) BubblegumIcecream FurStripe 33mm: +7 Agility
Blue Motion Oaks: +4 attack speed
FBS: +6 accuracy
Bright White BRTs Wide: +5 stamina, +2 dodge
Black Witchcrafts: Demonic forces cloak you in shadow, rendering you invisible for a short period. Attacks gain +6 bleed until effect wears off. 2 minute cool down.

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:47 pm

I see some good deals on used decks on this forum. Check out buy/sell/trade section. I'm sure nice community members would hook you up with something you'll be stoked on and you'd be supporting the scene by proxy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beastpants.com
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Hmm, alright. Thanks for the advice.

I'm still thinking about buying a berlin wood once I have the money.

I mean, I'm fine with using the Broken Knuckle deck, even if the trucks and wheels are china mass produced. It is still a lot better than the tech decks I currently use.

I think I'll end up buying or making a few ramps before I go out and buy another deck.
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:54 pm

A China deck is totally fine for now. I used a TD for years as well and got a 4CFB about two months ago. Eventually, I upgraded to my current setup when I realized I was going to stick with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:57 pm

On your next setup, buy wheels (and trucks) from No Comply, amd deck from Temple, Lovedrug, Pure or Og, thats cheapest and you can get to push you up to next level from china.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... Empty

Back to top Go down

So I've been finger boarding for several years now...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next