Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSo I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I've been finger boarding for several years now...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 J9VuKBZ

So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:32 am

How would you buy the supplies to make a deck without having enough money to buy a deck?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:41 am

Mikkel S wrote:
How would you buy the supplies to make a deck without having enough money to buy a deck?
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

Setup : Flatface G15, Ytrucks X4, Old Flatface Wheels, FBS

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:50 am

My mom said she would buy them for me since it would keep me busy doing something other than sitting on the computer.
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:01 am

I'm sure you will at least have some sort of allowance since you are still schooling and stuff? It's not too hard to put aside a few dollars a day (try $3?). By a couple of weeks you should be able to afford a new deck. It sounds really cliché, but use a piggy bank if you need to.

Ryan wrote:
I agree Oliver.

Oliver? I don't think he's in this thread awkward
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:04 am

Lmao woops. Oscar*
Back to top Go down
GihadGeo
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GihadGeo

Setup : Temple 31mm/ Black Brt's 2.0/ White Winklers

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 1:20 am

SurfLapras wrote:
My mom said she would buy them for me since it would keep me busy doing something other than sitting on the computer.
buying a deck and fingerboarding will keep you busy believe me!
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 2:26 am

what oliver said , you going to spend so much, might as well get a deck
Back to top Go down
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:55 am

Zink wrote:
what oliver said , you going to spend so much, might as well get a deck
How many times must people call for Oliver when he hasn't even posted in here yet LOL
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:08 am

:trollface:
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Well I mean, I have a china that I put a custom graphic on at the moment.

Has a strip from the comic "Pearls before Swine" on it. happy

It is wood and has bearing wheels but all of the quality is kind of bad.

I guess I could just start collecting change I suppose and take it to that thing at the grocery store that exchanges change for dollars. I want to buy a pure deck.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:58 pm

SurfLapras wrote:

I guess I could just start collecting change I suppose and take it to that thing at the grocery store that exchanges change for dollars. I want to buy a pure deck.

DO IT!
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:10 am

skeep222 wrote:
SurfLapras wrote:

DO IT!

So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHSuiz5_Rj-bVmpB0l4QlbDBhdWs9G_LX3nJgN2KFfOA9dbS37
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Oscar V. wrote:

So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHSuiz5_Rj-bVmpB0l4QlbDBhdWs9G_LX3nJgN2KFfOA9dbS37

Damn Africans
Back to top Go down
Chris Daniels
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm

SurfLapras wrote:
But I've only ever used tech decks.

I never actually gave it thought to try and see if there were other fingerboard companies until just recently and I quickly found several.

So I decided it was time for an upgrade because I'm sure you all know that everything is better than a tech deck.

So I'm buying a Broken Knuckle for my first board that isn't a tech deck. Yeah yeah, I've realized a lot of people complain about the China parts and such but I think it is a really good choice for a first board.

I'm just buying a simple bamboo wood board with blue wheels and silver trucks.

I'm planning to go to a skate shop around my house sometime soon after I receive the board in the mail and maybe buying a skate decal or two (really small ones) to put on the bottom of the board so it isn't as plain.

So yeah, you think I made the right decision to buy a 15 buck board for my first one that isn't a tech deck or no?

I used solely Tech Decks for 10 years. You can do anything on a Tech Deck that you can do on a top notch board. However, the difference in board quality makes a huge difference in ease of use , consistency, etc. I'd reccommend upgrading to a wooden board for sure!
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Chris Daniels wrote:
SurfLapras wrote:
But I've only ever used tech decks.

I never actually gave it thought to try and see if there were other fingerboard companies until just recently and I quickly found several.

So I decided it was time for an upgrade because I'm sure you all know that everything is better than a tech deck.

So I'm buying a Broken Knuckle for my first board that isn't a tech deck. Yeah yeah, I've realized a lot of people complain about the China parts and such but I think it is a really good choice for a first board.

I'm just buying a simple bamboo wood board with blue wheels and silver trucks.

I'm planning to go to a skate shop around my house sometime soon after I receive the board in the mail and maybe buying a skate decal or two (really small ones) to put on the bottom of the board so it isn't as plain.

So yeah, you think I made the right decision to buy a 15 buck board for my first one that isn't a tech deck or no?

I used solely Tech Decks for 10 years. You can do anything on a Tech Deck that you can do on a top notch board. However, the difference in board quality makes a huge difference in ease of use , consistency, etc. I'd reccommend upgrading to a wooden board for sure!

THIS. Very huge difference. Once you try it, it will blow your mind. Tricks will be easier to do/learn, etc.
Back to top Go down
SurfLapras
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SurfLapras

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:57 pm

I have a wooden board now. wink

I've had it for 2 weeks. It is a wooden china deck but it works wonders compared to a tech deck.
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Tech decks are awesome! I have used them for a year, and during December I upgraded to wooden boards, bearing wheels, and foam grip. But I can still get down all my tricks on one, and their trucks grind smoothly. But now I prefer my G12 <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I've been finger boarding for several years now...   So I've been finger boarding for several years now... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So I've been finger boarding for several years now...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3