Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNew "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood   New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:38 am

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
SurfLapras wrote:
Guarantee a china company makes wheels for schneider.

And that stops them being good wheels? Why does where something is made make a difference? The US makes crap products too...

THIS x899064u714381. It doesn't matter where it's from as long as it is a good product. There maybe some bias on their own country but it doesn't matter where it's from.
Back to top Go down
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

Companies : Homewood Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood New Mold
New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

PostSubject: Re: New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood   New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:30 pm

I agree, to me as a consumer it doesn't matter too much where something is made if it's of great quality. What I am more interested in as a consumer is how much the company is marking up the product. For example if a pair of nice Nike shoes cost maybe $20 to make (including labor) and are being sold for $150, I would never spend the money on that. Of course if a company was only in it to make money and had no interest in the products they were selling, only buying cheap mass produced goods to resell, I would also not want to support such a company.

Of course it's accepted practice for most companies to not disclose how much their items cost to make, how many hours it takes of labor to make them, or how much they pay their workers. But it would be nice if companies were more up front about how much they pay their workers, especially if their country doesn't have minimum wage laws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.homewoodfb.com
nocomply
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood   New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:13 pm

I think it's safe to say, for the most part, businesses/companies regardless of the trade they are involved in, are gonna maximize profits, at any cost. It's not always the case, but logically speaking, lower purchase, higher sale price. As far as a manufacture. I know the normal or standard retail mark up for 70% of goods, from the retailer, is about 25-30%

Meaning your average mom and pop and smaller volume retailers(short of wal mart, or target or brand owned stores), you pay 10 bucks, they bought it for 7-7.50. Mark ups in skateboarding are even less for skate shops, which is why it's so hard to be small skateshop.

Totally agree with you brother. I read before it's believed a typical pair of Jordans cost 17 bucks to manufacture. Now Nike does buy the fudge out of advertising, but at this point, everyone knows Nike, period.

Nike could stop advertising and lower prices, everyone "knows" Nike....

Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood   New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:08 am

SurfLapras wrote:
Guarantee a china company makes wheels for schneider.

No, in fact is this was true, Mike would be 100% lying. FF wheels are made by a local machinist in Andover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood   New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New "Shop" Decks and regular trucks now at Homewood

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5