Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNeztek Deck Review! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neztek Deck Review!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

Neztek Deck Review! Empty
PostSubject: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:17 am

Hi all:) 
Last week I got these two awesome decks in the mail from neztek to review. I got a 31mm split ply and a 33mm hazelnut bottom ply.

First Impressions

I was gobsmacked when I saw these decks. They looked awesome. The walnut one especially! A set up the split ply one first with some Dump Trucks and FF G6d's. I loved the look of the split ply! It was really clean although the colours of the died veneer where a bit dirty. I loved seshing this low kick deck. Normally I only ride decks with high kicks and it was aweomse to try something different

Pros/Cons
Split ply
Neztek Deck Review! P1060813
Pros: The split ply was really clean, The lacquer is really smooth, the plus are really nice colours!
Cons: The dying of the ply is the only con I can think of

33mm high kick
Neztek Deck Review! P1060814
Pros: The kicks, the lacquer is really smooth but a tad bubbly, the bottom ply is two-tone and very alive
Cons: The plys are all the same this makes the deck look like one bit of wood just bent, the holes weren't drilled the best but it just had to make a bit of a bigger hole with my bolt.

Performance
Split ply

The split ply deck which is low kicks was a really nice deck to ride. I found hit hard to get tricks straight away because of the flat shape but after a little mess around I got most of the tricks I can do on other decks. One of the minor 'defects' of this deck was the lacquer was quite thick and made it quite hard to grind. Another 'defect' was that the uneveness of the deck. It was lsightly rounder on one side.

Hazelnut
This deck was an awesome deck to ride. It was the widest deck I have ever rode which was awesome. One of the things that effected the quality of this deck was the shape was quite flat at the bottom of the deck then suddenly went on a 45 degree angle. It was like the shape of the tech deck expert sk8 decks.

These are both great decks so go pick one up when Neztek puts them for public sale!

Last edited by Kingsley. on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 am

Great review. The bottom board's bottom ply definitely looks very nice and i can tell what you mean when you say the bottom ply of the top board is dirty. Both boards still look amazing none the less.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:59 am

I think you need to cover more details, you've hardly mentioned performance man.
Back to top Go down
Chad Spradlin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Chad Spradlin

Companies : Frost Fingerboards
Setup : Frost G3 Mellow
NoComply wheels
FBS Extra Smooth
TD wide trucks
Riptape tuning

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 pm

^^

Yea man, you barely said anything about the deck at all besides that the split ply looked good and the lacquer is nice. And that you normally ride high kick decks...

If you're going to say that the split ply looked "clean", go into a little more detail so that we know exactly how "clean" looks. Same with the lacquer.. just saying it's smooth isn't saying enough. You can have a semi-gloss finish, satin finish, high gloss, etc. and they can all be "smooth".

Just really bothers me when people make a review on a deck, or anything for that matter, and describe absolutely nothing about the product that is going to tell me why this one is different from any other product available on the market. If a person was interested in purchasing a Neztek deck, your review is no help to the person besides offering pics for them to see what they look like imo, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FrostFBS.com
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Neztek Deck Review! J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:17 am

What worries me the most about this review is that it's all you give Neztek in return for the two decks he made you. Think of it this way, you should put at least the same ammount of effort in your review as he has put into the decks. Otherwise you are kinda ripping him off IMO.

Chad told you how to imrpove, now turn this checkout into a review wink
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah, I want to hear more than just "Cons" and "Pros". Don't be so blunt and quick! Let's hear some details. Look at my Neztek review as an example!
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks Kingsley I'm glad that you are liking them.I appreciate the feedback.I am just blown away that my decks seem to be going well for those that have used them.I love making them but knowing that they are not just stupid little bits of wood and someone can enjoy them is even better.
Cheers to all the FBHQ crew.
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Deck Review!   Neztek Deck Review! Empty

Back to top Go down

Neztek Deck Review!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1