Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNeztek Review (3 decks) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neztek Review (3 decks)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Neztek Review (3 decks) Empty
PostSubject: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 3:44 am

Alright homies, this is my first review so youre gonna have to bear with me, but it will be worth it! Steve came to me one day about a month and a half ago and asked me if Id be interested in doing a review for his company “Neztek”, and of course I had no problem with it all. He was actually nice enough to send me not one deck, but three! So, im gonna review each one of them for you guys! cheers

Ill start with the first deck that was sent, as the decks actually came in at two separate times. Pictures first!
Neztek Review (3 decks) 11lr6l0

Shape of this deck features medium to low kicks, with medium to low concave with the width at 30mm and the length 101mm.

Set up on this is China tape, Black China Wides, and Black China wheels.

Shipping took about two weeks, Australia to America and came packaged with a sheet of China tape for my set up pleasure, ahah. 10/10

First impressions of this deck came out exactly as expected. The rounding in the nose and tail looked perfect, and the deck didn’t flex at all. It has solid plies, which I thought was pretty cool. 8.5/10

Craftsmanship of this deck was at first glance amazing, but when I went to set it up I had difficulties with the hardware holes, and couldn’t get my trucks attached. After makin a slight adjustment and cleaned out the hole from any debris, they went on just fine. Aside from that problem, I couldn’t find anything wrong with this deck. The nose and tail were rounded perfectly, the countersinks looked good, one hole was just slightly off. I contacted Steve and he quickly resolved the problem and sent the other two decks Ill be reviewing today! He also explained this was one of his first decks, and it actually had the old company logo printed on the top as well. None of these problems happened with the decks shipped after this! Overall id give this section 8/10

Performance of this deck was extremely fun! Of all three, I got used to this one by far the quickest and didn’t have to make any adjustments. Had my tricks pretty consistently almost from the beginning. The one hole being a little off doesn’t affect the performance at all, and I thoroughly enjoyed using this deck.  8.5/10

Overall Id give this deck a 8.5/10, and to be fair, it would be higher if it weren’t for that hole problem, which I said… isn’t a problem with the next decks.

Next Ill review this-
Neztek Review (3 decks) 211o5cj

Shape of this deck features high kicks, with medium to deep concave with the width coming in at 31mm and length at 102mm.

Set up on this deck I went with China tape, TD LB Indys, Flat Face Teams, Washers, and Black China wheels.

Shipping took about a week and a half, Australia to ‘Murica and came packaged with two sheets of China tape, since this was in the second package sent containing two decks. Always a plus being able to set up a deck fresh out of the mail! 10/10

First impressions of this deck was that it looked well made, and well rounded! The color was a deep dark purple, which I personally thought looked dope. I did notice how high the concave was and wasn’t sure how I felt about it, but ill get into that in the performance section!8.5/10

Craftsmanship was overall pretty well made, it had a semi-gloss lacquer with nicely rounded nose and tail and perfectly centered hardware holes. My one complaint, which isn’t really much of a “complaint” but to some it may be, it blemishes rather quickly, which I believe is the lacquer? Im not entirely sure. However, for me it wasn’t a problem and obviously didn’t affect the performance. 8.5/10

Performace was quite a bit of an adjustment for me as Im used to short fat decks, as I stated my first impression I didn’t think id be able to do much on it. It did take some getting used to but after about 30 minutes I was back to landing my tricks consistently. After the adjustments I had a blast on this thing, and its my travelling deck now! 8.5/10

Overall Id give this deck an honest 8.75/10 and if youre a lover of the high kick life, this deck is surely for you!

And last but not least, Ive got this-
Neztek Review (3 decks) 2mo6zde

Shape of this deck features low kicks and low concave, with the nose being slight higher than the tail. Width coming in at 31mm, length at 101mm.

Set up this deck with China tape, China Wides tuned with Y bushings, and pivot cups with black China wheels.

Shipping was the same as stated above about a week and a half. This was the second deck in the package of the two decks. 10/10

First impression of this deck was, well It was hard to miss the amazing color of the bottom ply, and the shape looked so mellow, which I happen to be a big fan off. Has the same semi-gloss laquer as the other two decks I believe, and the same blemishing, which may be a problem for some, but again not for me. 8.75/10

Craftsmanship of this deck seems to take it away from the other two decks reviewed in this review. Again had nicely rounded nose and tail, and hardware holes were perfectly centered. Had no troubles with assembly. Deck does not flex, and has nice dyed plies throughout. Again, it does blemish rather easily. 9/10

Performance of this deck was again, an adjustment. Although the shape is mellow, which is my preference I found this deck to be a tad too mellow. It took me about an hour and a half to get tricks consistently, but figured it out nonetheless! I use this deck probably more than the other two though, so im not sure how you want to interpret that, haha. Id give this section a 8/10

Overall id give this deck a solid 8.5/10.  

I had a great time reviewing each one of these decks, and I would like to thanks Steve at Neztek one last time for giving me the chance to do this. I do have one suggestion and that is only about the laquer, maybe possible try a new one? I could be wrong, as Ive never made a deck. It just blemishes rather quick, which as I said in the review wasnt a problem for me at all but to some people it may be. Here is an example of what ive been mentioning-
Neztek Review (3 decks) Eq71hy

Id also like to add he uses all Australian woods when making his decks, which I think is super cool! Stays true to the aussie life! ahah! Id suggest you give these decks a try for sure! You can contact him either through FBHQ or by his Twitter at: @longhairlout or by his facebook page! Just search Neztek Fingerboards! Hope ya enjoyed muh review! very happy

Last edited by deejaydestroy on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:04 am

Nice to finally see what these decks look like.
And they look gooooooood cool
Nice review man!
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:10 am

Great review Deejay and thanks for the honest feedback the lacquer that I have been using is a problem I am aware of too and will be immediately changing product used(no shit I started using this clearcoat on advice from a so called paint expert and the stuffs $20 a can,I think he saw me coming:P) to fix that issue as soon as possible.I am going to drop a small stock for sale on FBHQ later this week at a special price for FBHQ crew,purchased through my facebook or locally I am charging a bit more.I would rather that real fingerboarders who are active in the community get a chance to try my decks out,decks for sale will be put up in a couple of days for $10 through FBHQ only.
Big Cheers to Deejay from Australia's only FB company.NEZTEKFB is looking forward to contributing to the FB scene for a long time to come.very happy 
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 am

Sweet review Deejay!
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:10 am

Great review dude!
Back to top Go down
Louis.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Louis.

Companies :
Setup : weca
ytrucks
oak
ace

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:23 pm

great review deejay really cool happy
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Nice review man. 
Only suggestion would be to take off the fisheye wink
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 pm

I only used my fisheye for the first photo of each deck on the rocks. (Top left)
The rest was my wide angle lens.
Back to top Go down
5ply fbs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
5ply fbs

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 pm

sick review man!
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:55 am

the shape looks weird as fuck haha nice
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Do note that Neztek has got a new NFB mold in use now days. Its awesome! cool
Back to top Go down
YellowCity
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup :
Custom Frost G3 Mellow
TD Wide Trucks
China

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Really great review Deejay. Loving the new obstacles  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neztek Review (3 decks)   Neztek Review (3 decks) Empty

Back to top Go down

Neztek Review (3 decks)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1