Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhat's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

Setup : Temple
BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder Empty
PostSubject: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:24 pm

My opinion is that there are too many people who make unboxing videos but no actual videos of them fbing.
My fav fber is Ormani Fotox
Back to top Go down
czehn94
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
czehn94

Setup : zonawood 32mm
fbs
chemistry trucks
g7.1 brandon roberts

what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:39 pm

my opinion is that some people dont have enough actual fingerboarding in their videos. if a video is going to be 1:30 long i would like to see more than 3-4 super slow mo tricks and a bunch of shots of nature. but thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:48 pm

^
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:14 pm

All fingerboard videos are boring and look the same. I don't watch any videos anymore. Not to be cocky but I get way more stoked watching myself, and skateboard videos. I do like to watch unboxings and reviews still though. Its not even worth filming anymore anyway, to much content and not enough viewers. It takes hours to make a video to get like 100 views, and maybe one comment. With the exception of the few fingerboarders with thousands of subs there is no reason for someone like myself to make videos. Youtube is fantastic for the things I subscribe to and get to see for free everyday, but fingerboarding unfortunately is not something I am excited to watch online. Watered down videos with all of the same tricks done the same way to the same style of music with the same lifestyle shots and the same vibe. Boring. Vanilla. When something is truly exciting and creative to the point where you want to watch it again let me know where that video is.
Back to top Go down
Louis.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Louis.

Companies :
Setup : weca
ytrucks
oak
ace

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:47 pm

I enjoy any sort of video because the fun is still with everyone .
I also worked 12 h on a project on one day because I had to fly to france next Day but I wanted to upload this .. It had " only 401 views " but hey it was fun to make and also to find new levels happy
I show respect to any dude there outside and love filming and watching videos:)
My fav is oh I have a lot I can't really say but niko frank or Paul scholtz happy
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Imo, the youtube scene is tainted with tiny companies. Tiny companies lead to a bunch of kids thinking that sponsorships are what fingerboarding is all about. I also feel that there is no point (or basically no point) in fingerboarding if you aren't going to make friends with new people. That is very hard to do over youtube. Also, trading is much safer and easier on FBHQ and other forums.
Oh yeah, too many fav fingerboarders. A few top ones would be Cody Zehner, Matty Taylor, and Axel Wahl.
(Gunner and Keiran make honorable mention haha)
Back to top Go down
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 pm

the whole needy kids vibe.. 'giv me ur fb or my mum dad gonna me beat me coz i dont hav fingerboard.. U number 1'

youtube is awful.
Back to top Go down
Eavorclear
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Eavorclear

Setup : Custom Homewood deck 30mm, China trucks, china wheels.

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:23 pm

When someone asks me about fingerboarders, the answer is always the same.

"I personally find them one sided, biased, and slightly annoying...etc. etc."
Back to top Go down
http://eavorclear.tumblr.com
Albert Diaz fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Albert Diaz fb

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:47 pm

everyone does their vids the way they like, It doesnt matter If a video is over-edited and If it is just a recopilation of tricks, you have to do your videos the way you like and the way you feel comfortable

fav rider, idk, I can't choose one of them, I love the style from one rider, but I love the edits from another, the tricks from another ....
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:14 pm

What's your setup?
Back to top Go down
João Pedro O
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
João Pedro O

Setup : bwset

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:09 pm

i think video making is considered art so do what u want to express urself when ur making ur videos

my favorite fbder and by far the best fbder on earth is nic herzog
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rodhi7
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 pm

all my vids are full raw. I also agree with Cody.
my fav is Mateusz Mir
Back to top Go down
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:28 pm

martin winkler at the harrics. mikes rendezvous 11 video. pretty much sums it all up.
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 2:00 am

I never film, not because I can't but because I love fingerboarding.
I do it for fun, I don't feel the need to make videos. 
I love watching videos that people like Mike make with Jay and some other cool people, but I'm not really interested in watching videos filmed on your desk with clip after clip of single tricks. 
Heaps of people bitch because Jay only makes 15sec videos, but it's always a badass line and I watch them. 

For me, I like to watch fingerboarding that's been filmed by somebody or somebody who can film themselves well, still angles are boring.

I don't really understand the "youtube scene" , are there some groups or something or it's all based off comments and stuff ?
Back to top Go down
Arapoib
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Arapoib

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:04 am

basically what joao said. i make videos because i find filming and editing them is super fun. i would still make them if nobody watched them or commented, but the comments just motivate me to film more because it makes me realize that im not the only one who likes my videos haha.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah. No one watches my videos whatsoever. I just make them for fun when im bored.
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

Companies : Unique Decks

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:09 pm

i like youtube.
Back to top Go down
http://uniquedecks.co
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:23 pm

youtube itself is going downhill fast. i hope they make some changes soon for the better. as for my fav FBer it probably goes to my homedizzle J-Bards AKA JASED GOD AKA hasnolifeatall
2creative for me
runners up goes to andrew hill and alex ward they rock my socks
Back to top Go down
DareLemurr
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DareLemurr

Setup : Current:
FRML Bw Graf 29mm~
FF G6 Wheels~
Brr 2.0 Silvers~
4C Tape <3~

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 pm

I feel as if the forums such as this goodie here, is growing up somewhat. Youtube is also getting eh, better? To say. Videos are starting to be alot more indoor footage. WE NEED MORE CREATIVITY AND OUTDOOR SHREDING! :-)
Alot of people now are interested in it around Maryland. They like the way I fb. :-)
Favorite fingerboarder: David Simpson  tongue 
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 10:26 pm

DareLemurr wrote:
I feel as if the forums such as this goodie here, is growing up somewhat. Youtube is also getting eh, better? To say. Videos are starting to be alot more indoor footage. WE NEED MORE CREATIVITY AND OUTDOOR SHREDING! :-)
Alot of people now are interested in it around Maryland. They like the way I fb. :-)
Favorite fingerboarder: David Simpson  tongue 
Some friendly advice.. If you want people to read your posts, bolding and centering them is not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Zach

Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Flatface wheels

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:27 pm

I like Youtube.
I don't understand people saying the videos are all the same and all fingerboard videos are boring if you watch/sub to the things you like to watch, for example if you don't like little kids asking to be sponsored you don't have to click on it or whatever awkward 
My favorite fingerboarders to watch at the moment are  João Castela and Sam Aronie.
Back to top Go down
dev0n
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
dev0n

Companies : Decade Fingerboards
Setup : Decade
BRTs
Dual Duros
Chubz

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:24 am

favourite fingerboarder has always been Axel Wahl, just such a chill guy.  cool 
Back to top Go down
http://decadefingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Arapoib
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Arapoib

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:02 am

skeep222 wrote:
youtube itself is going downhill fast. i hope they make some changes soon for the better. as for my fav FBer it probably goes to my homedizzle J-Bards AKA JASED GOD AKA hasnolifeatall
2creative for me
runners up goes to andrew hill and alex ward they rock my socks

rendeer thank u ben. we shouldve filmed more at vous cause your one trick in my video is just fucking sick. my fav fbers are probably alex ward, jbard, shane martin and peter b. edit: oh and sam and pablo are amazing
Back to top Go down
João Pedro O
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
João Pedro O

Setup : bwset

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:15 am

Arapoib wrote:
my fav fbers are probably alex ward, jbard, shane martin and peter b. edit: oh and sam and pablo are amazing

peter , one of my fav
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rodhi7
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:10 pm

I don't like vids n-e-more. I've really just secluded myself from the entire "scene".
I feel like the whole idea of taking fingerboarding too seriously is just not for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder   what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder Empty

Back to top Go down

what's your opinion on the youtube fingerboard scene and who is your fav fingerboarder

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next