Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMy out look of the fingerboard scene Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My out look of the fingerboard scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

My out look of the fingerboard scene Empty
PostSubject: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:27 pm

its has come to my attention that in the past months of my absence that business for small companies is still very slow, and it seems as if every single 12 year old onces his own FB company of some kind. so its almost like we have an over flow in the market. we have more companies then actually fingerboarders. and i may also note that some bigger companies even notice a loss in sales . there is only so many things you can do . and im going to stick with it and keep on keepin on
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:31 pm

hey wanna buy my tape or sponcer me? i have tape company rlly good quality!!!!!
TapeWoodYellowDOSFBTAPE!

No but if you have a small company, and you make good products, you will get bigger.

But I see a lot of people here selling pop sicle benches thinking they are they new BRR, that does just NOT work..
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Since the beggining of the TechDeck forums, there has been 38374647282992837464839 companies that are crap, they either sell nothing, sell crappy products, never ship, or make one or two ramps and call it a company.

They never get orders, so don't sweat it. 

The reason companies like flatface and Berlinwood got to where they are is through promotion, advertising, and general support of the scene.

Mike used to, and still does, upload daily, well filmed, good quality videos to his youtube channel, and every single one is lapped up by 10k+ people.

Every one of those videos is also an advert for Flatface, berlinwood, BRR. 
It's simple, people saw Mike with all his friends having fun, they saw awesome fingergoarders using his gear, and BRR ramps etc, wanted to be what they saw in the video, and bought the gear.

It's just like any business, you need to get your product out there to begin with.
Get some team riders, not just good fingerboarders, but trustworthy people who are well respected in the scene. It's a bit different when people can't physically see a product, when a new product is on a shelf in the store, people can actually see and feel it and make a decision. Online is deceiving, and full of sketchy companies with great pictures and poor products!  
People will find it hard to just order a deck because it looks good, people are like sheep and want to ride what everyone else Is riding because it makes them feel a part of something, part of the scene, etc etc.

Get some out for review, send one to a couple forum members.... 
I've said this before to you, when people start posting in the newest setups thread a badass setup from X company, people are like damn!  That's sick, and X person is using one! Must be good!
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:17 pm

I like your possitive input on things. What Ive noticed is that Your company is kinda in the shadows of everything, which is a shame since Kerry rated your deck a 9.5/10 or somewhere around there.
Maybe trying to get more reviews in would grow your company?
Im not too sure im kind of blabbing.
Ive seriously wanted to try out one, just have never had the money too.
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:21 pm

It's in the shadows because halfway through your company thread you are going on about not enjoying making decks, and you keep spreading negative vibes. awkward
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Joe Fullager wrote:
It's in the shadows because halfway through your company thread you are going on about not enjoying making decks, and you keep spreading negative vibes. awkward
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ive seen multiple posts from you saying that no one buys your decks and you dont enjoy it and you might quit. I think that instead of just talking about it, maybe try to change it. Like repping you company more around the scene and trying to get reviews from people where a high amount of people will see them. That might inspire people to buy from you.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Rediscover what you know you enjoy- making decks.
Put more effort, wether people are buying or not keep working an improving.
The more effort you show, and the more you enjoy doing something, the easier it is to get on your feet. Just have fun doing it, don't look at it as a job. Make your products known, Joe have perfect examples. Upload a few edits, maybe make a how it's made video, just all in all you've gotta be more active.

I think out of all this though, the fact that you're going to "keep on, keepin on" is obviously a silverlining. Just have fun with it, an hype it up! Maybe do a little "revamp" to get it all feeling new again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My out look of the fingerboard scene   My out look of the fingerboard scene Empty

Back to top Go down

My out look of the fingerboard scene

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1