Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAlternative trucks? Best decks? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternative trucks? Best decks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TSM WILDTURTLE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TSM WILDTURTLE

Setup : OG Decks V4 Icy Blue
Creamy Goo
TD Wides w/ White Baseplates
Translucent Wheels
Teak Release happy

Alternative trucks? Best decks? Empty
PostSubject: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Hey guys, so i'm looking for a new deck and a pair of trucks, and i was wondering if alternatives to china wides are out there?

Not looking for brts or y trucks either, those are a bit too expensive for me just yet. Maybe in the future.

Are there like middle of the road, 20-25 dollar trucks maybe?

Also, what new deck should i get?

There are so many to choose from, but i was contemplating maybe a northwood?
Or maybe i'll buy a deck from one of the "home" companies off here. Help me out! very happy

Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:27 pm

For sure a safe bet going with pretty much anyone that makes decks on here. As for $20-$25 trucks you're only ripping yourself off. the only difference is they might come with different tuning and are shaped differently. I'd buy some nice tuning and just pay $3-$5 for some TD longboard trucks.
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 pm

http://www.redwolffbs.com/ ( RedWolf ) has a selection of shaped and painted 32mm longboard trucks (C4 Trucks). They might be $23, but they also include a set of WITCHCRAFT bushings, which are easily the best bushings ever made. Plus, you're supporting an awesome guy and an FBHQ company.

He makes decks too, never tried them, but have only heard good things, and they look really nice too.

Have never used any of their products, but there are many people that have, and they all say that they love Red Wolf's Stuff!

If you aren't interested in their trucks or decks or tape, then for trucks, you could get longboard trucks as Ryan said above, chemistry trucks (C4 trucks look better, both shaped lb trucks, c4s are cheaper and include wc bushings), I know that Planktoon sells trucks, and Fingerplant has released new 32mm trucks.

For decks, homewood is a company that's been around forever, and you can customize every part of the deck you get. They have a bunch of shape options too. Never used one either, but only heard good things about homewood. Definitely a cool company to support. http://www.homewoodfb.com/
Back to top Go down
TSM WILDTURTLE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TSM WILDTURTLE

Creamy Goo
Translucent Wheels
Teak Release happy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am

anyone know where i can find tech deck longboard trucks?
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:42 am

TSM WILDTURTLE wrote:
anyone know where i can find tech deck longboard trucks?

Amazon for around 14 dollars. You just have to buy the whole LB complete.
Back to top Go down
chandler
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
chandler

Setup : creature 8.3
Koston indys 149 only
classic spitfire
diamond hardware
bones swiss

white Berlinwood mini logo low xwide
BRTs 32mm
winkler wheels junks white
tky tunning
fbs tape

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:46 am

honestly the new redwolf trucks look dope cuz it comes with WC bushings but its always cheaper to buy TD LB trucks. try target dude thats where i get mine
Back to top Go down
chandler
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
chandler

Setup : creature 8.3
Koston indys 149 only
classic spitfire
diamond hardware
bones swiss

white Berlinwood mini logo low xwide
BRTs 32mm
winkler wheels junks white
tky tunning
fbs tape

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 am

i painted my TD trucks with OPI nail polish and put BKF baseplates and lock nutts on and im really satisfied so far
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:26 am

if you get the longboard trucks from target, the package should look like this.
The longboard trucks are in the bottom left corner. You can see from the pic that they are 32. Plus, they are shaped. Most tech deck trucks aren't so that is a good indicator that they are longboard trucks. These packages go for about $10 at target. I like them because it gives me a whole stash of nuts and screws.

Alternative trucks? Best decks? 7ab5e1753271f7a3a886042c7ecb8c0d
Back to top Go down
TSM WILDTURTLE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TSM WILDTURTLE

Creamy Goo
Translucent Wheels
Teak Release happy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 am

thanks heaps guys!

i'll definitely keep my eye out for those!

what kinda sucks is last time i went to my local target i couldn't find the tech deck section anymore sad

i hope it's still somewhere, and that they didn't just get rid of it!
Back to top Go down
Stacked
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Stacked

Companies : Stacked
Setup : Sb- blank 8.5 deck, Indy white 149s, Knox hardware, bones Swiss bearings, bones SPF V4 54mm wheels, mob grip

Fb- STACKED cruiser, white brt wides, ff g4 brr wheels, fbs tape, WITCHCRAFT666 bushings of death

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 am

TSM WILDTURTLE wrote:
thanks heaps guys!

what kinda sucks is last time i went to my local target i couldn't find the tech deck section anymore sad

It's most likely gone:( My Target has stopped stocking TechDeck's and I've heard that a lot of other people's Targets and Walmarts have stopped as well.
Back to top Go down
https://stackeddecks.bigcartel.com/
TSM WILDTURTLE
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TSM WILDTURTLE

Creamy Goo
Translucent Wheels
Teak Release happy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:38 am

Chris Torres wrote:
TSM WILDTURTLE wrote:
thanks heaps guys!

It's most likely gone:( My Target has stopped stocking TechDeck's and I've heard that a lot of other people's Targets and Walmarts have stopped as well.

Aww darn. That's disappointing, i liked buying wide trucks for 3 dollars and having cool plastic wide boards to mess around with...
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:49 am

TSM WILDTURTLE wrote:
Chris Torres wrote:
TSM WILDTURTLE wrote:
thanks heaps guys!

Aww darn. That's disappointing, i liked buying wide trucks for 3 dollars and having cool plastic wide boards to mess around with...
I'm sure if you asked around on here you could get some cheaper. Might not be $3 cheap but it beats $23 imo.
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Could anyone post a link to a Tech Deck Longboard with 32mm trucks on amazon, because, unfortunately I can't find any? :/

EDIT I've stumbled across these, but not sure if the trucks are 32mm wide.
http://www.amazon.de/Tech-Deck-Longboard-Dregs-Speedboard/dp/B00D8VQ3S6/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1395694792&sr=1-3&keywords=tech+deck+longboard
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
kingsalami
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kingsalami

Companies : sloth boardrails (rip)
Setup : woob
brutal
wc

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Unfortunately those are not the right tdlb's. Those are the newer reverse kingpin ones that will not work nearly as well as the tkp ones. Had a quick look and couldn't find any on amazon.de, your best bet would be to pm someone on here or make a bst thread.
Back to top Go down
http://slothboardrails.bigcartel.com/
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:02 pm

Try looking at gaint tiger for tdlb iv found em there before
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:12 pm

ive got a northwoods for sale/trade
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:34 pm

All the companies in the banner above have great products! Look over them and see what you like happy
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:32 pm

movin-like-burnie wrote:
Try looking at gaint tiger for tdlb iv found em there before

Shipping to Europe is twice as much as the TDL itself. But thanks for help anyway. happy
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:27 pm

ebay. and i can make a custom deck for 20 shipped in the united states
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 7:52 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008CP9WWC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?pc_redir=1395669700

I live in the UK so was unable to order this, but I got my sister who lives in Florida to order one, this is the 2012 versions that have the Independent wides, I have a set already on a 32mm Ambition deck and just with the stock tuning they're fine, they even come with pivot cups and conical washers as well, though I am planning on fitting some Witchcraft bushings on them to make them even better.

I got my first set off eBay though, I just searched for Tech Deck and found someone selling the same board as above, and I won it for £1.60 so it's worth keeping an eye out on there.

Edit

Here's a pic of the trucks that come with the Roskopp longboard I posted above.
https://imgur.com/wMbUcx1

I haven't tried BRR or y-trucks, but I've got 2 sets of 29mm tuned China trucks (one with regular kingpins/axles and the other pair has Allen ket kingpins/axles), and I also have a set of the Expert Sk8 Independent trucks, and I prefer the tuning on the Tech Deck Independent trucks, the other ones just have flat washers and o ring bushings which don't hold up as well as the stock tuning on the Tech Deck Independents.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 am

kingsalami wrote:
Unfortunately those are not the right tdlb's. Those are the newer reverse kingpin ones that will not work nearly as well as the tkp ones. Had a quick look and couldn't find any on amazon.de, your best bet would be to pm someone on here or make a bst thread.
I have a couple versions of these longboards. I'm 90% sure these trucks are plastic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:57 pm

The Expert Sk8 Independent trucks are really nice and you get bearing wheels too, the decks aren't great, but they're still usable, and you get one sheet of cut foam tape and a sheet of uncut too, I got the whole setup for £14.99 which included shipping off Amazon.

Only issue is that the axles are super short so only work with the stock wheels, but I've seen these trucks with Allen key axles fitted so it'd be easy enough to mod them to allow you to use other wheels.

But other than that they're nice, I really like the hanger shape (on the wides and expert Sk8 trucks), the baseplates are square with the Independent logo embossed on them, they come with pivot cups and decent enough stock tuning for a whole lot less than a set of Y-trucks or Blackrivers.
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:39 pm

The redwolf trucks really are a good bet if you want a massive increase in your boards functionality. Wider trucks means your board will flip less (because you can apply more pressure closer to the edge) and tricks should be easier to land. Good bushings, I've found, make just cruising about much more fun, due to the increased realism of the turning circle and other things.

You could buy TDLBs yourself. However, Finding the right TDLB trucks for a good price is a massive pain in the arse, at least it has been for me. In the end I gave up and bought a set of Chemistry trucks which are shaped TDLB trucks (meaning that Brr edition wheels fit on them, making your setup more versatile). If the redwolf are sold out grab a set of chemistry's and a set of witchcrafts (oh, and pivot cups, but they are very very cheap and last a looong time). If you do this you will have the best set of trucks you could have without spending pro-truck money.

Also don't be fooled by companies presenting modded China's ( w/ bearing screws and hex kingpins usually)as a step up from regular china wides. They're not. At all.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Alternative trucks? Best decks? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:49 pm

I have a hard time understanding what makes redwolf/chemistry so much different than the TDLB trucks they are based on.
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
I have a hard time understanding what makes redwolf/chemistry so much different than the TDLB trucks they are based on.

Nicely shaped and painted, and they come with witchcrafts. and you are helping support a cool guy and company, at least redwolf that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative trucks? Best decks?   Alternative trucks? Best decks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternative trucks? Best decks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next