Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBaby Beast Bank Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baby Beast Bank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:35 am

Baby Beast Bank Img_1711

[Pictures taken after a good 20 minutes of seshing]
Hey everyone, this is my first review ever, but in the first 20 minutes of owning this obstacle, I can already say this deserves one. EXPECT GOOD THINGS. Let's get started.
    The BABYBEASTBANK goes for $25 on the beastpants website, and as of May 30th they are still in stock. It only cost me $6 shipping, so the $31 total for a really cool, really well made, techy, concrete street quarter is totally worth it with the Baby Beast Bank.

Baby Beast Bank Img_1712

Baby Beast Bank Img_1715

Shipping:
     I ordered the beast bank on the Saturday before memorial day (all the decks went out of stock in under 10 minutes) and it came by Friday. I don't think the mail comes on memorial day, so if you include the day I ordered it, my obstacle came in 5 days. Granted I live in California as well, but that is still great shipping. The package did not come with a tracking number, but was well wrapped and protected. The bank arrived unscathed.

Design/Quality:
    The dimensions as listed on the beastpants site are: 25mm tall. X 200mm Long. This so far has felt like the perfect size for this obstacle. The shortness offers a really tight, but still useable bank/tranny that is awesome to ride. It gives it that techy street feel that I love about concrete obstacles. Even though it is an abrupt transition, the bank is not actually that steep which gives a really smooth ride up onto the ledge for grinds, lip tricks, etc. The back is a perfect grind ledge with a slightly rounded corner. It is the perfect length, allowing plenty of space for grinds and slides. The "plants" and "rocks" on the back do no get in the way of grinds whatsoever. To bring it all together, there are lines indented in the bank and top of the obstacle to give it that awesome pool coping/tile look, sound, and feel.

Baby Beast Bank Img_1713

The beastbank is pretty light, yet feels dense for it's size. It has the exact feel you would expect from a concrete obstacle. All together it weighs about as much as a decently sized metal rail. Which by the way, there is a metal bar running through the middle to add extra strength. It is heavy enough to ride without non-sliders, but will still slip around a bit. I rode it fresh out of the box on a glass table, and although there was minimal movement, the obstacle did get away from my board sometimes. I added a few tiny corners from a piece of riptape and the thing was as solid as a rock.

Baby Beast Bank Img_1714

The Baby Bank seems pretty durable. It is lacquered to give it a smooth feel and clean-sliding grinds. (which by the way, feel amazing) In the 20 minutes of seshing it, I was able to start to put on that nice black wear color from grinds. It depends on your preference, but I love the realistic look that gives. Although some black marks were added, nothing has shown any sign of wear yet. (Which it shouldn't yet at this point in time.) The obstacle feels as sturdy as it looks. And it looks amazing. There is an awesome amount of simplistic detail on this thing. The "plants" and "rocks" on the back stick out a bit and are hand painted. On one end the Beast Pants logo is molded out of the side.

Baby Beast Bank Img_1716

Baby Beast Bank Img_1718

Riding:
The Baby Beast Bank is a seriously sick piece of work. There is so much to do with this thing. Slappies, grinds, lip tricks, airs out of the bank.
It is really fun to come over the back of the obstacle and try to pop back into the steep tranny out of a grind. The ledge on top is the perfect width to easily transfer grinds from one side to the other. For example - Ramping up the bank into a feeble and throwing the board into a noseslide on the back ledge. There are tons of possibilities for dirty street tricks, or weird techy stuff on this obstacle, all while getting the awesome tile feel and sound while riding it. This will definitely be one of your favorite obstacles to get creative on. If there are any left, try to get one asap. Totally worth it.
And hats off to Chris Dunlop for creating such a quality, simple, amazing obstacle.

Baby Beast Bank Img_1719
Back to top Go down
AnthonyFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AnthonyFB

Setup : Berlinwood Wide low
BRT Wide super silvers
Flatface x winkler collabs
Ace 3

Beast Pants Split
BRT Wide super silvers
Flatface x collabs
FBS

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptySat May 31, 2014 4:22 am

sick i think ima get one
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:47 am

Great review, thoroughly enjoyed reading it... As for the BBB, quite possibly the nicest obstacle I've ever seen... Well, except maybe the Ned's Tomb prototype, but that's cheating!

Would love to read more of your reviews man!
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:50 am

Really nice review cool
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Brutal Custom:

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptySat May 31, 2014 11:24 am

Wow thanks guys! I stand by the fact that this is probably my new favorite things to sesh. Just feels awesome to do tricks on. Go GET A BABY BEAST BANK.
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Just got mine in the mail today as well, it's mad fun!
Back to top Go down
BeastPants
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BeastPants

Companies : BeastPants
Setup : BeastPants (Feral) BubblegumIcecream FurStripe 33mm: +7 Agility
Blue Motion Oaks: +4 attack speed
FBS: +6 accuracy
Bright White BRTs Wide: +5 stamina, +2 dodge
Black Witchcrafts: Demonic forces cloak you in shadow, rendering you invisible for a short period. Attacks gain +6 bleed until effect wears off. 2 minute cool down.

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 4:27 am

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words. So happy you're enjoying your Bx3. Very nice review on top of it all. very happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.beastpants.com
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Brutal Custom:

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:25 am

Amazing work man! Well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Denied
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Denied

Setup : Woob cozy
Brt's
FF G4's
Chubz bushings

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:26 am

Sweet review man
Back to top Go down
Leisurelife
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Leisurelife

Setup : Woob Rlx
FBS Extra Smooth
Blackriver Trucks 32 mm
Flatface gold brr editions
Witchcraft bushings

Catfish BBQ new mold
FBS Extra Smooth
Blackriver Trucks 32 mm
Winkler TLC
Witchcraft bushings

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 pm

used my friends and I didnt want to give it back to him, just a suggestion put the nonsliders to the back so its easier to go up the bank and stuff
Back to top Go down
BunavaSitch
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BunavaSitch

Setup : bagel
mustard
cheese
slothpenis

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:40 am

tis awesome im wantin to order one from chris.
Back to top Go down
WillianFB
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
WillianFB

Companies : fucking dick
Setup : BW Elias Assmuth
BRT with WoodyWood Fvcker Trucks Bushings
Winkler Wheels
RipTape

"Im' lovin' it"
by MC'donalds

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:39 pm

such a nice bank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baby Beast Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Beast Bank   Baby Beast Bank Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby Beast Bank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1