Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLevel Up Mellowdium Shape. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Level Up Mellowdium Shape.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Q4Quack
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Q4Quack

Setup : Zink "Aircraft" Custom.
BRT Wides.
Witch Craft Light blues.
FF BBR Turquoise.
FBS.

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Empty
PostSubject: Level Up Mellowdium Shape.   Level Up Mellowdium Shape. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:07 pm

FBHQ,
Quack here for another review.  wink 

Lets go!

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Levelu14

So first,

Deck price: $10.00!  shocked 

Dimensions: 32mm x 98mm.

Concave: Special!  afro 

Plies: 5.

Kicks: Nose Medium, Tail Low. ( Compared to other decks, the nose is a "Low" too but when you look at it from the side, it looks much steeper than the tail. Hence, Nose Med Tail Low. )

Craftsmanship: Ive gotten a deck from Level Up each stock, i can say that quality has certainly improved!  cheers  That being said they already started with amazing decks, just a small problem with the countersunk holes. ( Has been handled ) The woods used as well are extremely striking and well dyed! Not to mention the split ply cuts are suburb! Trucks will fit perfectly all the time too.
Its definitely a 10/10!    

Not to mention how nice and FAST, Jason at Level up is to process orders and ship them! Same day most of the time! Shipping to California took 3 days.  very happy 

Alright lets get to some pictures!

Packaging:

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_31

Deck Shape pictures:

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_32

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_33

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_34

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_35

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_38
Notice how the concave is its highest in the middle.

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_41

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo_41

The shape of decks, id say is the very highlight of Level Up.
As you can see from the pictures above, the concave isn't uniform from tail to nose. It crests at the middle of the deck.
How does it feel? Incredible. afro  It gives it the feel of having a deck with "Medium*" concave, yet at the same time feels mellow when you place your fingers closer to the nose.
Its an extremely responsive and tactile board. You really can feel the deck, even under tape.
Definitely a different experience than most decks.  cool 

*Medium concave in Level up terms is slightly more than a Berlin wood non-low shape.

Over all the new Mellowdium shape is a welcome change. It really stands out as different, yet able to hold it self to the same quality of standards as the big guys.

I would highly recommend this deck to anyone! For only $10?! I mean its 1/3 the price of most decks!

Great company, great decks.

Sadly! All Mellowdium decks are out of stock.  awkward But it seems a new stock is already on its way!  bounce 

Also special thanks to Jason just for being a cool guy! haha  cheers 

Alright, Quack out!

Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Photo13
Back to top Go down
FingerBanger
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FingerBanger

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Mellowdium Shape.   Level Up Mellowdium Shape. EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Mine will be here in the mail tomorrow! Can't wait to try it
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Mellowdium Shape.   Level Up Mellowdium Shape. EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:05 am

Thanks for the great review Quack! I'm glad that you like the new shape so much and noticed the improvements I made in the craftsmanship over previous releases (since you have a deck from each so far  wink ) New stock of the Mellowdium shape will be up soon featuring a few splits, blanks, and the "Up Punch" arrow logo bottoms.
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level Up Mellowdium Shape.   Level Up Mellowdium Shape. Empty

Back to top Go down

Level Up Mellowdium Shape.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1