Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboarding is Dying? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarding is Dying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MapleLeaf
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
MapleLeaf

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide low
BRT wide
Flatface x Winkler
FBS
Sprinkle of fairy dust

Fingerboarding is Dying? Empty
PostSubject: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:36 am

Hey, i quit fingerboarding for about 4 months because I was skateboarding and just came back to check here and doesnt seem like much has been happening... No I check flatface and not much new and same with blackriver. Seems like a year ago new awesome stuff was popping up all the time. Seems like the only new thing is skate grip on the boards. Whats your guys opinions of this?
Back to top Go down
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:50 am

yeah its weird. this place used to be popping, hopefully the winter will make it come to life again
Back to top Go down
DrakeElliott
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DrakeElliott

Companies : Emanant Fingerboards
Setup : www.flatfacefingerboards.com

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:06 am

Winter will definitely bring more activity, but people enjoy fingerboarding in real life and attending events and stuff like that more than forums. Fingerboardings actually expanding, not dying. haha Its been growing like crazy!
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:19 am

Yea nothing new product wise ,
nothing wrong with the forum/events either to me ? Forum has kind of plateaued but events seem to be increasing bounce
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:11 am

Things will pop up in winter. People will be stuck inside and forced to be creative.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:29 am

it's certainly been slow in terms of news shocked hopefully winter picks things up, but I do agree compared to this time 1-2 years ago things are CRAZY quiet. it's the quietest I've ever seen fingerboarding online, whereas things irl have only really grown in like 2 countries.

I'm sure it'll bounce back, things always go in waves of popularity.
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:57 am

DrakeElliott wrote:
Winter will definitely bring more activity, but people enjoy fingerboarding in real life and attending events and stuff like that more than forums. Fingerboardings actually expanding, not dying. haha Its been growing like crazy!

DanielM wrote:
Yea nothing new product wise ,
nothing wrong with the forum/events either to me ? Forum has kind of plateaued but events seem to be increasing bounce  

Robert wrote:
Things will pop up in winter. People will be stuck inside and forced to be creative.

its not dead at all

lots of events going on

it would be cool to see something fucking new and original for once.. like a product or SOMETHING FRESH
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 am

it got its season to be busy and season to be slow .
Back to top Go down
danielrocks5
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
danielrocks5

Setup : Board: Berlinwood Xwide Mothership graphic
Trucks: Ytrucks X4 black and yellow
Wheels: Northwoods Snugs orange and black
Tape: Riptape slim and catchy

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Yea this is a shoutout to blackriver. WHEN ARE YOU GONNA RELEASE SOME NEW RAMPS! i mean i would love to see something like the limited edition city plaza pop up again!
Back to top Go down
MikeSchneider161
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MikeSchneider161

Companies : FlatFace

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 1:32 am

Fingerboarding is crazy busy! Even if there's not new stuff all the time, there's plenty of good stuff and people are buying trading selling filming and most importantly fingerboarding every day!

Forums are less of a focus these days. Instagram is off the walls and youtube.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:21 am

MikeSchneider161 wrote:
Instagram is off the walls
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 2:47 am

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
MikeSchneider161 wrote:
Instagram is off the walls
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:00 am

*insert quoted quote here*
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

Companies : Unique Decks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:34 am

fingerboarding is crazy good and I just dont think people go online as much
Back to top Go down
http://uniquedecks.co
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 am

I can assure you it is certainly not dead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:25 am

FINGERBOARDING IS NOT DYING! For fucks sake people stop it with this shit mentality. The scene has been slowly gravitating away from forums for a long time now and I'm surprised people haven't noticed it yet. Fingerboarding is evolving into an interpersonal hobby because more and more people are doing it then there ever were. The online scene was so important 5-6 years ago because not as many people did it and meetups weren't a thing, other than Rendezvous, which was the biggest thing around and only 30 people were at them when they were held in Mike's driveway. Fingerboarding isn't dead, it's just changed. Stop with the negativity. Christ.

To whoever changed this and thought I wouldn't notice... I will find you... and I will kill you Suspect

Last edited by JessM on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
BunavaSitch
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BunavaSitch

Setup : bagel
mustard
cheese
slothpenis

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:30 am

fingerboarding has contracted ebola from west africa therefore its dying jk hehe
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:40 am

fingerboarding will always have its ups and downs but i dont think its ever going to go out of style as if it were a fad (beanie babies) and become extinct.

its popular enough that just like skateboarding it will continue to exist!

however, i no longer see techdecks at wallmart anymore so maybe techdecks are dying... lol
Back to top Go down
basileus
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 am

Although I just ordered my first legitimate setup, and I'm not a part of the "scene" in any sense of the word, from my outsider's perspective it seems more like an active niche rather than something that is actually dying off. Same thing for other skill-based toys (for lack of a better term) like yo-yo, kendama, etc.
Back to top Go down
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 am

basileus wrote:
Although I just ordered my first legitimate setup, and I'm not a part of the "scene" in any sense of the word, from my outsider's perspective it seems more like an active niche rather than something that is actually dying off. Same thing for other skill-based toys (for lack of a better term) like yo-yo, kendama, etc.

i agree, and have the same sort of perspective. But, kendama blew up w/ the hipsters tongue
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:53 am

JessM wrote:
FINGERBOARDING IS NOT DYING! For fucks sake people stop it with this shit mentality. The scene has been slowly gravitating away from forums for a long time now and I'm surprised people haven't noticed it yet. Fingerboarding is evolving into an interpersonal hobby because more and more people are doing it then there ever were. The online scene was so important 5-6 years ago because not as many people did it and meetups weren't a thing, other than Rendezvous, which was the biggest thing around and only 30 people were at them when they were held in Mike's driveway. Fingerboarding isn't dead, it's just changed. Stop with the negativity. Christ.

flower
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 am

basileus wrote:

You are part of the scene. You fingerboard, you're on this forum, you're part of this scene.
Back to top Go down
basileus
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 am

JessM wrote:
basileus wrote:

You are part of the scene. You fingerboard, you're on this forum, you're part of this scene.

Well, damn. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:24 am

basileus wrote:
Watchu mean? Hell yeah you're a part of the scene haha.
You fingerboard and contribute to the forum, seems to me like you're a part of the scene. flower

EDIT: Just saw Jess wrote pretty much the same thing haha
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 am

WantSomeSlaw wrote:

Watchu mean? Hell yeah you're a part of the scene haha.
You fingerboard and contribute to the forum, seems to me like you're a part of the scene. flower

EDIT: Just saw Jess wrote pretty much the same thing haha

wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarding is Dying?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next