Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalfrost g2 mellow review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

frost g2 mellow review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

frost g2 mellow review Empty
PostSubject: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Price:
They are 30 dollars from flatface (dont order from frost)

Shipping:
I cant comment on mine because I got this deck from a trade but from chad it takes about 5 months. yeah thats what happened to Kerry so you should order from flatface instead.

First Impressions:
the decks graphic isnt a wear graphic but it shows through really vibrantly, with use its started to fade but not scratch.

Performance:
The performance is INSANE. I dont understand how much pop can be in any deck never mind a deck this mellow. It flips really well, I have great control over the board.

Craftmanship:
The craftsmanship is really good, the holes are drilled perfectly and worked perfectly with my techdeck and Ytrucks. the lacquer is just how I like it, not too shiney and not to dull. It hasn't really scratched but slide marks show up for me. The rounding of the decks is perfectly done, not too short and not to long. The actual edges of the deck are rounded and lacquered. The lacquer on the bottom has sunk into bits of the wood grain which I love. The plys are really vibrant, one mine it goes

Yellow
Red
Maple
Blue
Maple with the graphic.

Customer Service:
Cant personally comment but ive heard that chad never responds to emails or pms and takes ages to ship out ( like 2 or 3 months)

Shape:
This is the personal bit for me but recently ive being using medium to low decks and this deck is super low, I love it. The dips are great along with low concave that gives you alot of control.

Positives:
-Great performance.
-Amazing shape.
-Perfect craftsmanship.
-Really cool graphic.

Negatives:
-Shipping from frost its terrible.
-Customer service from frost is terrible.

Overall:

Performance wise, 9/10
Craftsmanship wise 9/10
Shipping+customer service from frost 1/10

Id highly reccomend buying one of these from flatface.

Pics:

frost g2 mellow review 5352009350_468edf626e_z

As you can see the wood grain shows through and the graphic is awesome.

frost g2 mellow review 5352009864_da5ff55e56_z

The shape is really mellow.
Back to top Go down
StaceyWall
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
StaceyWall

Setup : Prowood Extreme Prototype, Prowood Chrome Trucks, Single Bearing ProWheels, Protape

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Nice review !

I heard about Frosts terrible customer service and shipping times but that deck does look amazingly well made! Im not a fan of mellow decks but it looks nice happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:27 pm

its crazy how mellow decks have as much pop as frosts do.. they're really good decks, just chad is an ass. Get a nécrose happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Yeah kerry, could I have a little go on one of yours at cyclone ? happy They look so nice.
Back to top Go down
Grendel
Council
Council
Grendel

Setup : BW widelow or 96 custom+ BRT wides + WW or Oaks + witchcraft bushings + ATAMATape

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
Get a nécrose happy
Or a RFLX flatshape 2010 wink If you can get your hands on one, cause they sold in less than 20 minutes.
Hugo (nécrose) soon gonna have his own site, he allready have some decks ready.
more news soon??? wink
Back to top Go down
http://fbfr.fr
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Yeah I saw the rflx's on spinal. They look so nice, aargh the french have some nice stuff happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Mine isn't set up jack.. I'm only bringing 2 setups, and ramps. and anna will have her setup. Might be persuaded to give up my polaroid nécrose for a good offer though happy

Grendel wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:
Get a nécrose happy
Or a RFLX flatshape 2010 wink If you can get your hands on one, cause they sold in less than 20 minutes.
Hugo (nécrose) soon gonna have his own site, he allready have some decks ready.
more news soon??? wink

Yug is getting a site? EPIC. Cant wait for that happy
And yea, rflx decks look insanely nice.. Crazy how fast some stuff sells out! The last panic stock went in 10-15 minutes, a 35 deck stock. Before he could even announce on FFI that it was up, the decks were sold out : o So stoked for andreas on that, its great decks other than bws get attention like that happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: frost g2 mellow review   frost g2 mellow review Empty

Back to top Go down

frost g2 mellow review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1