Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 34 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Quick Questions - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 2:49 am

Opinions on joycult wheels?
Coming back in the game, these wheels look sick.

Plus Matt is a g~
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 6:19 am

deejaydestroy wrote:

Plus Matt is a g~

I've heard good things, apparently great for outdoor seshing. Just ordered a set today so I'm gonna find out! sunny
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 am

deejaydestroy wrote:
Plus Matt is a g~

Wheels are amazing, such a unique feel to them! Don't think you would be disappointed. flower
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Has anyone tried Chubz bushings? How are they?
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 4:56 pm

^^They're great imo. Very responsive, durable (as long as you don't over tighten them of course), and the shape is top notch. I had them for my brt's and I have them on my ytrucks now.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Estevan Rivera wrote:
^^They're great imo. Very responsive, durable (as long as you don't over tighten them of course), and the shape is top notch. I had them for my brt's and I have them on my ytrucks now.

Do you know how they compare to Witchcrafts?
Back to top Go down
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:09 pm

^^I've never tried Witchcrafts but from what I hear they're the same material so I can't imagine there would be too much of a difference
Back to top Go down
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

Setup : cozy with cool guy wheels and trucks

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Estevan Rivera wrote:

Do you know how they compare to Witchcrafts?

in my opinion, chubz are more consistent in terms of shape, and quality. you can also tighten your trucks pretty tight and not hafta worry about ruining the bushings
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Quick Questions - Page 34 <a href=Quick Questions - Page 34 Img_5610" />

So this is my fingerboard space and i want to convert it in a proper park made of mostly wood and some concrete things like the kickers with the "wall on top". it's 145 cm x 50 cm.
the obstacles i put on it are just for seeing the space occuped.
some suggestions on how to use better the space?
if i do it in this way is usable?
sorry for all the question but i never see/had a park or a buyed obstacle
thanks all
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:34 pm

^^ I think it looks good the way it is...I don't like when everything is cramped together, you definitely have a good amount of open space.

Also, has anyone every tried to use Crayola air dry clay to make obstacles? I'm thinking of just making a small quarter pipe/kicker type thing. I have no idea how strong that clay is but it sounds like it would be easier to shape than concrete
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
^^ I think it looks good the way it is...I don't like when everything is cramped together, you definitely have a good amount of open space.

Also, has anyone every tried to use Crayola air dry clay to make obstacles?  I'm thinking of just making a small quarter pipe/kicker type thing.  I have no idea how strong that clay is but it sounds like it would be easier to shape than concrete

I've used air dry clay to cover ramps. I'd then carve out bricks in them. A small quarter or a kicker is easy to shape with clay and if you get it wrong it's easy to sand into shape and you can then cast a mold out of it.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:09 pm

skatemaster231 wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

Also, has anyone every tried to use Crayola air dry clay to make obstacles?  I'm thinking of just making a small quarter pipe/kicker type thing.  I have no idea how strong that clay is but it sounds like it would be easier to shape than concrete

I've used air dry clay to cover ramps. I'd then carve out bricks in them. A small quarter or a kicker is easy to shape with clay and if you get it wrong it's easy to sand into shape and you can then cast a mold out of it.

Awesome! It's cheap too. I'm definitely going to give it a shot
Back to top Go down
DanielD95
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Homewood NM Low
YTrucks X4
FF Street Shapes
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Hopefully this doesn't violate the BST rules but does anyone have a pair of BRT baseplates for sale? Im not really trying to pay like 40 bucks for a new set from Blackriver themselves. I'll paypal first and whatever else, not out to scam anyone.
Back to top Go down
shred
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Mittenmade Fingernoards
Setup : Mittenmade Deck
tdlbs
cnc
Level up Beta Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 pm

I was just wondering what the best alternitive is to cnc china wheels. I'm looking for something a bit softer but not too expensive.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:09 am

anything non china
Back to top Go down
HSK
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HSK

Setup : 34mmx99mm NeztekFB Zebrano Deck Red Ply
Tdlbs
Rool wheels duel bearing

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:38 am

DanielD95 wrote:
Hopefully this doesn't violate the BST rules but does anyone have a pair of BRT baseplates for sale? Im not really trying to pay like 40 bucks for a new set from Blackriver themselves. I'll paypal first and whatever else, not out to scam anyone.

Lol nobody even accepts bst applications anyways so might as well ask happy

In my opinion just get longer thicker screws an a drop of locktight should work if they are threaded mate afro
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:04 am

HSK wrote:

In my opinion just get longer thicker screws an a drop of locktight should work if they are threaded mate afro

false, they do accept people into bst. Just be patient, everyone has a life outside of this forum.
Back to top Go down
HSK
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HSK

Setup : 34mmx99mm NeztekFB Zebrano Deck Red Ply
Tdlbs
Rool wheels duel bearing

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:30 am

meekin wrote:
HSK wrote:

false, they do accept people into bst. Just be patient, everyone has a life outside of this forum.

Dont really want to start a argument here.... but dont push that crap mate..... bst section is slack as hell I and plenty of others have been waiting a "verry" long time for bst access!!! Lol if you ask me there "life" is abit to good and they should probably come back online and accept people or nominat new mods who can be active atleast monthly to do thease kinda things afro

:edit: even a no you didn't make the bst section would be nice wink they just flat out not looking at request or ignoring them all lol cheers
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:49 pm

HSK wrote:
meekin wrote:
HSK wrote:

Dont really want to start a argument here.... but dont push that crap mate..... bst section is slack as hell I and plenty of others have been waiting a "verry" long time for bst access!!! Lol if you ask me there "life" is abit to good and they should probably come back online and accept people or nominat new mods who can be active atleast monthly to do thease kinda things afro

:edit: even a no you didn't make the bst section would be nice wink they just flat out not looking at request or ignoring them all lol cheers
it's not as easy as that. Only admins have the power to accept/deny people, and staff can't just make active people admins.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:41 pm

how many mods/admins are actually active on here these days? doesnt seem like many compared too the good old days when the forum was exiting?

i dont mean no disrespect too anyone that reads this, cuz obviously there are some active mods

i think HSK makes a good point, even if it is a little blunt hahaha
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
how many mods/admins are actually active on here these days? doesnt seem like many compared too the good old days when the forum was exiting?

i dont mean no disrespect too anyone that reads this, cuz obviously there are some active mods

i think HSK makes a good point, even if it is a little blunt hahaha
I'm pretty active. Not nearly as active as I used to be, but I'm still on here every day/every other day.
Lots of mods lurk on here too, but since there's less going on on the forum, and more going on in their life, they aren't as motivated to post.
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 2:16 am

I requested BST access months ago and have pretty much stopped waiting to be accepted. It happens when it hapens.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 9:25 am

I also applied for BST access well over 2 months ago...I am with HSK...I mean, how long are we supposed to wait for such access...4 month...6 even??? Not trying to simply 'have a whinge' here...I just think waiting anymore than 6 weeks (without any form of response or communication) is truly excessive...

On a similar note...I had a mate who attempted signing up to FBHQ 2 or so months back and his account still isn't active No

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next