Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAdvice for upgrading deck Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advice for upgrading deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EpicLarkie
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Advice for upgrading deck Empty
PostSubject: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:47 pm

o, I am a relatively new fingerboarder and the only proper deck that I have owned is the Tech Deck Expert SK8. I would like to upgrade and I will definitely get a good deck (something like a Berlin wood). However, I would like to get some information from more experienced people on what would be a good deck to buy as I will most likely not purchase another for a long time, due to finance.

Additionally, I would like to know what are some good trucks and wheels as I definitely do not want to spend loads of money by Black river, Winkler etc. My initial thinking was that I would get a 32mm Berlin wood deck and then the 32mm broken knuckle trucks and P-rep CNC lathed wheels. Again, I would like your opinions on whether this is a good idea and would be a worthwhile upgrade, or should I take a different approach.

Thank you

P.S I am very sorry that this is a copy of what is on the Finger boarding HQ. This is because I posted it there first and then realised that that was probably the wrong place for this kind of post. Sorry sad
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:58 pm

a berlinwood with 32mm trucks and some bearing wheels is a very good start! i suggest getting some flatface wheels instead of some other cheaper wheels also. Berlinwoods have never let me down man.
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Setup : FlatFace G14 Face Shaver, FBS, Blackriver 32mm super silvers, tky bushings, Turquoise/Yellow flat face dual durometers.

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:30 am

Berlinwoods, or flat face decks are definitely the way to go for just starting in my opinion, they are always good, and trucks any 32mm will do when I was starting I just got td longboard trucks and used those but those cnc wheels from broken knuckle people can say what they want but I used them and loved them until I got my brts they never let me down I would recommend them. Also not trying to use this thread for selling anything but if your looking to pick up a berlinwood at a good price pm me I have loads
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:47 am

Berlinwoods are nice for sure, but there's also a lot of other companies that manufacture decks of equal standard or higher standard for cheaper imo. Some selling decks for almost $20 cheaper than berlinwood. Spend that extra cash to get tech deck longboard trucks without and inverted kingpins or something abit more expensive like this
http ://m.ebay.com/itm/2KR-Fingerboard-32mm-trucks-SILVER-Edition-/171918795178?nav=SEARCH
Finally I would top it off with some flatface wheels as they have been in the game for years and all of their wheels are durable and perform well.
Back to top Go down
EpicLarkie
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:47 pm

BryanH would you mind resending that link because it doesn't work. I think you may have copied it wrong.
Thanks for all of your opinions
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Higher quality than berlinwood? I have never had a bad one, they are consistently brilliant nowadays. Anything on the banner is good, you are supporting the scene too. Flatface decks are considered high kicks which is something not everyone like so consider that.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:23 pm

besour.com has GREAT decks
Back to top Go down
Fungerboard
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Fungerboard

Setup : Weca w2
BRT 2.0
FlatFace dual duro

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Matthew Taylor wrote:
Higher quality than berlinwood? I have never had a bad one, they are consistently brilliant nowadays. Anything on the banner is good, you are supporting the scene too. Flatface decks are considered high kicks which is something not everyone like so consider that.
^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/fungerboard/
EpicLarkie
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Another thing that I would quickly like to check, the bw mini logo Berlin wood is the same as the others just without graphic, right?
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm

EpicLarkie wrote:
Another thing that I would quickly like to check, the bw mini logo Berlin wood is the same as the others just without graphic, right?

yeah thats right

you definately cant go wrong with a BW in my opinion, they maybe a tad on the expensive side but are worth it
Back to top Go down
EpicLarkie
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 6:37 pm

OK thanks
Back to top Go down
shred
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Mittenmade Fingernoards
Setup : Mittenmade Deck
tdlbs
cnc
Level up Beta Tape

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Level up has great decks imo.
http://levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Back to top Go down
EpicLarkie
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 5:12 pm

So guys, I think that I'm gonna stick to my original plan of getting a 32mm Berlinwood, BrokenKnuckle 32mm trucks and CNC lathed wheels. Also, I am thinking of getting some Witcher bushings because I have heard that they can make a great difference even if the trucks themselves are bad
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:55 am

Yeah that sounds like a pretty good setup! The only problems you may face is the fact that cnc wheels can last you between 2 weeks and a month. Then they stop up and get really loud and not smooth anymore. Also, the bw only comes with 1 sheet of grip, so you should by some extra tape along with it for once you destroy your first sheet!
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 4:43 am

if you are serious just spend a decent amount of money for a decent setup. i still use techdeck trucks on my setup, but i have nice bushing on them.

Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 10:21 am

OG decks are on sale right now(link in the banner)$20. You will save up to 25$ over buying a BW. Spend the money you save on the BW and get better wheels.Just my opinion.

Good luck with your choice. flower
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Most decks sold on the banner like said above are pretty good, and are usually sold $30 or less. I recommend you look at the shape of each before you just grab a deck tongue when I started I used to be all about high kicks, but now I like medium or low kicks.
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Take your time really, that's the best advice I could give. Once you find something you think you like, look up a review on youtube or check the reviews section of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Fungerboard
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Fungerboard

Setup : Weca w2
BRT 2.0
FlatFace dual duro

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Filip Bronola wrote:
Most decks sold on the banner like said above are pretty good, and are usually sold $30 or less. I recommend you look at the shape of each before you just grab a deck tongue when I started I used to be all about high kicks, but now I like medium or low kicks.

This is good advice^
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/fungerboard/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for upgrading deck   Advice for upgrading deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice for upgrading deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1