Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

Quick Questions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:57 am

meekin wrote:
anyone know how much it cost to ship a deck internationally?

USA to Germany to be exact!

from what i can remeber it costs me about $7 to ship a small bubble mailer (that is not filled to it's capacity) anywhere that isn't in the United States.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:20 am

thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Salty Fingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Salty Fingers

Setup : Evangelion Rei deck (bawsewood)
Rip Tape
BRT's
FlatFace G4 wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 4:26 pm

if shipped from california, about how long should a deck take to get to tampa florida??
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Salty Fingers wrote:
if shipped from california, about how long should a deck take to get to tampa florida??
i would say 5-7 days
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:10 pm

USPS priority mail across the country usually takes me 3-7 days.
Back to top Go down
David H.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
David H.

Setup : Homewood Fish face
oak rv2
ytrucks x4
fbs

PostSubject: Allen key trucks?   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:19 am

I was wondering If allen key trucks are any good. Do the kingpins stick out and scratch rails like china wides? Lastly, is star fingerboard a good company to buy from? they sell them in chrome and I know there on 4cfb but those are only in black and magenta.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/davidh_fb/
Baby Face Bubsy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Baby Face Bubsy

Setup : Beast Pants
brr trucks/ wc bushing
FF brr ed wheels
no comply foamy g

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:29 am

I have a ton of YTrucks which use an inverted kingpin and allen key, I like them alot and I have no problem with them. I wouldn't recommend Star Fingerboards as they're all china and you can find a million times better stuff in the banner above, dump trucks are good and you can get them from FlatFace.
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Mmm, I tried a few modded China variations, and straight up dump trucks/TDLB are the better. Many of the cheaper end stuff isn't done very well, screws come loose or don't thread etc.

The only exception that I've tried are planktoons modded trucks, but they're almost as expensive as ytrucks so not really worth the price. They do look nice though happy

Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Anyone know if Elias Assmuth still fingerboards? That dude was amazing
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Anyone know if Elias Assmuth still fingerboards?  That dude was amazing

yes but more being a pro skater
for yama skateboard s
Back to top Go down
David H.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
David H.

Setup : Homewood Fish face
oak rv2
ytrucks x4
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 4:53 am

Yeah planktoon trucks look nice but I'm going to go with y-trucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/davidh_fb/
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 2:16 pm

If you have the funds for Y's then there's no competition although for another 10 you could get brts, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Does the YTrucks/YWheels tool work on Blackriver locknuts and vice versa? I don't have a fingerboard tool for these yet but I have all the hardware itself.
Back to top Go down
jimydave
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
jimydave

Companies : cad/3d printing service - pm for details
Setup : woob cozy
brt
ff dual durro

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for flatface to respond to a return request?
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 1:55 am

Not sure about the other way round, but brr/td tools work fine with ytrucks locknuts
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Concept wrote:
Not sure about the other way round, but brr/td tools work fine with ytrucks locknuts
For some reason they are too small for all of my chinese tools I have gotten over the years.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 pm

the old lock nuts that used too come with Y trucks are the same size as BRR lock nuts an tech deck nuts

the new lock nuts that have come with Y trucks since last year are smaller nuts an need one of the new Y keys too use

http://www.fingerboardingmag.com/2014/05/ytrucks-new-autoblock-v2.html

http://www.unitefingerboarding.com/post.php?id=416
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:49 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
the old lock nuts that used too come with Y trucks are the same size as BRR lock nuts an tech deck nuts

the new lock nuts that have come with Y trucks since last year are smaller nuts an need one of the new Y keys too use

http://www.fingerboardingmag.com/2014/05/ytrucks-new-autoblock-v2.html

http://www.unitefingerboarding.com/post.php?id=416

Thank you so much! I had tried finding information on the tools but I never actually searched for the trucks before haha. Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:10 am

Anyone ever try shaping old china wheels before? Tried a couple of searches but only one old thread showed up--wondering if anyone has since tried?

I have a set of some of the older, wider ones and i'm thinking of experimental shaping them.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:02 pm

^ it's been done. They're like cnc wheels if I'm not mistaken.
Quick Questions - Page 3 S-l1000
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 3:48 pm

fingerfuzz wrote:
Anyone ever try shaping old china wheels before?  Tried a couple of searches but only one old thread showed up--wondering if anyone has since tried?

I have a set of some of the older, wider ones and i'm thinking of experimental shaping them.  

What material are the wheels? Plastic? I know Trent shaped a set of urethane wheels by hand and they turned out amazing. Use a drill to spin the wheel and get some sandpaper and try to round the wheel as evenly as you can.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 5:04 pm

JakeC wrote:
^ it's been done. They're like cnc wheels if I'm not mistaken.

Those are different, they're made with a CNC machine rather than being moulded like the cheaper china wheels.

I think he means using whatever tools to shape a set of the cheaper china wheels.
Back to top Go down
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Danny H wrote:
I think he means using whatever tools to shape a set of the cheaper china wheels.

yeah, thats what I mean. I figure that drill and sandpaper method mentioned above could work if I'm verrrrry careful? Further thoughts?
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:14 am

fingerfuzz wrote:
Danny H wrote:

yeah, thats what I mean.  I figure that drill and sandpaper method mentioned above could work if I'm verrrrry careful?  Further thoughts?  

Take your time and don't mess up. Honestly you should just keep them squared but if you don't mind a chance of failure and you got wheels to spare go for it.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:03 am

Need a quick question answered
are these 32mm trucks?
Quick Questions - Page 3 31wtk2P2HaL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next