Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 25 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

Quick Questions - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Henry wrote:
Where can I get a Prete deck from?

ebay is essentially the only place. they stopped making decks about two years ago i think. they are suuuper expensive nowadays. id sell you my old Kura but i was stupid back in the day and sold it for like 30 sad
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:52 pm

^it was this year? or super late last year, but it wasn't THAT long ago. Still, yea, super nice decks. Peter stopped making them because people would buy them just to sell them on and make money, no one would use them. Annoying because I always wanted one, never got the chance, and really really wanted to ride one.
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:08 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
Still, yea, super nice decks. Peter stopped making them because people would buy them just to sell them on and make money, no one would use them. Annoying because I always wanted one, never got the chance, and really really wanted to ride one.

such a shame. they were heavenly. such a waste me having one when i could only kickflip.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:28 pm

I got a prete <3
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

Setup : Redemption Agape
TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 pm

James.P wrote:
I got a prete <3
Omg! How? D;
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Henry wrote:
James.P wrote:
I got a prete <3
Omg! How? D;
a better question is when? and what mold.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 pm

RM wrote:

doesnt look like it. ive never seen them use that wood, and that doesnt look like any of their molds. plus the craftsmanship on that is pretty poor. say what you want about prowood but they make high quality decks.
I have my doubts about them knowing what they do, they make something far less than a high quality deck. When I had one, the pop went away about after 2 weeks. And also the plies peel apart as if it was a layered sticker. And they say they cross ply their decks but they don't. I snapped mine and saw that EVERY ply was vertical, a knowledgeable deck maker knows that exactly how not to make a deck, it will make a solid deck, but it will crack right down the middle...
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:02 pm

well then we got very different decks my friend. mine performed great.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Hey, I don't know, maybe they improved? Mine sucked though.lol
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:50 am

kerryDETH wrote:
^it was this year? or super late last year, but it wasn't THAT long ago. Still, yea, super nice decks. Peter stopped making them because people would buy them just to sell them on and make money, no one would use them. Annoying because I always wanted one, never got the chance, and really really wanted to ride one.

Same.

·—·
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm pretty sure it was like Mid 2010 that Prete closed.
Edit: Lol 3000th post
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Ye it was mid 2010 that they closed down, if anybody is really bored somewhere on FingerboardTV there is an article about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
DamonFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : FlatFace G12 with TD wides and china bearing wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 am

Are No Comply Dual Bearings worth the extra money, or should i just go with roll 9's?
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 pm

DamonFB wrote:
Are No Comply Dual Bearings worth the extra money, or should i just go with roll 9's?

definitely worth the extra bit. dual makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:19 pm

^I totally disagree, I think single bearings are almost as good, and the price difference is normally not worth it. BUT V6s are almost the same price as roll 9s, so I'd say with no comply wheels, go dual. Depends on your trucks though.
Back to top Go down
DamonFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:34 pm

I have just regular TD wides, what kinds of trucks fit duals?
Back to top Go down
vicky
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
vicky

Companies : kitesurfing, fingerboarding,filming,editing, playing the guitar...
Setup :

Deck : Berlinwood, Yellowood
Trucks: Blackriver Trucks
Wheels: Winkler Wheels blackriver edition

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:23 pm

blackriver trucks, ytrucks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/vickygro8e?feature=mhee
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Black river trucks are designed for single bearing wheels so you will have to glue the nut on the axle if you want to use dual bearings. I know that y trucks are made for dual bearings though.
Back to top Go down
DamonFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 am

i don't have blackrivers and dont intend to buy blackrivers and duals and have to glue them on, that seems dumb, do regular TD wides work or any other cheaper trucks?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 am

Y trucks? he posted that too.

usually when you buy premium double bearing wheels, you have some mega expensive trucks too.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:27 pm

DamonFB wrote:
i don't have blackrivers and dont intend to buy blackrivers and duals and have to glue them on, that seems dumb, do regular TD wides work or any other cheaper trucks?
Your going to have to buy some bearing screws then.
Back to top Go down
JordanHann
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JordanHann

Setup : Sb Decks Cat Graphic
Super Silver Brts
Black FF Brr Ed Wheels
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 am

Does anybody know the length of a berlin wood or do you suggest any other BETTER decks? im for sure getting brr's and maybe oaks or winklers or ff's bit dont know a deck. just tell me good decks and the length of a bw , thanks people happy
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:29 am

JordanHann wrote:
Does anybody know the length of a berlin wood or do you suggest any other BETTER decks? im for sure getting brr's and maybe oaks or winklers or ff's bit dont know a deck. just tell me good decks and the length of a bw , thanks people happy
BW decks are 100-101 mm long. Personally BW wides are my favourite decks, but they may not be for everyone, especially if you dont like a realistic shape. other awesome decks are Yellowood Z2 Mold, Blosom decks (my 2nd fav), and ive heard very good things about woodguest decks (they can be found on flatface).

And for wheels, go with oak wheels. but if you are getting Blackriver trucks they wont work well, so get Ytrucks. If u are absolutely set on BRTs, get substance THCa wheels.

hope that helped. cheers
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:59 am

DamonFB wrote:

So let me get this straight, you have duals (or want to buy duals) and want to know what trucks you can use? Well this also depends on which model of dual bearing wheels you have. If the wheels are backless, you should have no problem using them on any truck, if not, you could try shaping (filing down) TD or China trucks to get them to work. China trucks that have already been shaped can also be bought, Redawn and Bollie are companies that sell them. It's also possible to modify the wheels to get them to work on non-BR/Y trucks.

JordanHann wrote:

Ah, I'm just here in the office and my BW is at home but as for better decks, it's all about preference. Not everyone will agree on what is better. Also, do you mean better performance or better looks? I recommend Kulture for wide decks.
Back to top Go down
Dooreman
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dooreman

Companies : Fingerboarding, Basketball, Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Does anyone know if you can buy flashbone bags? will they be avaible for everyone?
If you ask something on their facebook they answer thing like this : 'FlashBone Fingerboard Bags' The ship with the bags got kidnapped by pirates in the gulf of somalia. :?:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next