Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalEnglish brands in the US, no American brands over here? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

English brands in the US, no American brands over here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jonny Bradley
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jonny Bradley

Setup : Berlinwood "Catapult Roach" Graphic
YTrucks
FF Wheels
Riptape

English brands in the US, no American brands over here? Empty
PostSubject: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Today I was browsing Flatface, as you do, and I noticed that Blosom decks were up there. They weren't in stock so before you say anything, I know..

But basically, I don't see any of these big American brands like Flatface or NoComply etc being supplied over here. I think that is a really bad thing as personally I hate waiting a few days or even weeks to get my fingerboarding item that I have paid a substantial amount of money for.

So whats the deal? Is no-one prepared to buy stock for the UK? Or has nobody got around to it yet?

Yeah, so anybody could buy a load of fingerboards and sell them, but it takes commitment. The reason I don't go and start selling them is because I'm really busy most days and I don't generally have spare time for myself. So ya........
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 am

that's because flatface is one of the biggest companies.

and actually there are some companies outside of the u.s that distribute american stuff. black river. fbs.

and i am in love with your sig, what's the link
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 am

The UK has no major distribution companies. There's Fusion but that's relatively a small store. I do wish Arctic* was still around. Anyway, it's not really that expensive that much to ship some things from the US to the UK. NoCo has like $3 flat rate shipping or something.
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:30 am

Yeah there's fusion.
And there used to be Artic.
And I think there's Solid.

There the only UK distrobution's I know.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:35 am

My sponsor, Fingershop UK, does stock brr stuff a little bit, theyy have riptape, brt's, berlinwoods, and a few ramps happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 am

because the UK scene isn't big enough to make a place like this financially viable unless people were willing to pay MORE than what they would getting things from the US. And when FF shipping is 2 dollars, and no comply is 3, no one is going to care.
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am

"I don't see any of these big American brands like Flatface or NoComply etc being supplied over here"

errm you can still order from there, takes about 4-5 days which inst long at all. its not like they wont ship stuff here at all is it? happy this threads a little bit silly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English brands in the US, no American brands over here?   English brands in the US, no American brands over here? Empty

Back to top Go down

English brands in the US, no American brands over here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1