Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboard brands in stores. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboard brands in stores.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

Fingerboard brands in stores. Empty
PostSubject: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:56 am

I'm sure this has been talked about before. But do you guys think it would be cool/gay, good/bad if you could go to your local Wal-Mart or Target or whatever the name of your store is, and pick up...let's say...A Berlinwood, Or a No Comply, some Flatface wheels, Maybe some BRR Trucks, Y-Trucks, a Yellowwood, Anything you could think of. What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:08 am

My friend told me they are available for some skateboards shops in Croatia. happy

https://fingerboardhq.darkbb.com/memberlist?mode=lastvisit&order=DESC&submit=Ok&username=drogerija

you can ask him about the details. happy
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:09 am

I wouldn't like it.. I like the system nowadays!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Fingerboard brands in stores. J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:08 am

I'm just gonna drop this here:

It's a similar case.

Skateboards and fingerboards belong in skateshops/fingerboardshops created by the users!
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:57 am

Aside from lance mountain though, fingerboards started in chain stores or at least that was there big start..

Very interesting video thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:48 am

I have a don't do it sticker somewhere.. dunno where I got it, but its rad to finally know what that's about. soo true - it really kind of sucks that adidas and nike are so huge in skateboarding atm.. I'd rather ride a pair of és any day! I remember when they first started appearing in skate shops, I was shocked and thought they'd be shit then - now they're 'cool', apparently.

the big start may have been in chain stores, but that wasn't true fingerboarding. Tech deck or w/e didn't push things like the core companies who've been around since BRR's time have done. Those products aren't available in chain stores, and should never be.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:36 am

According to Wikipedia fingeboarding made 120 million in 99, and as much as numbers realistically mean nothing
How much revenue did it creat previous to this.
The ease o access to Internet was obviously a pivotal point for fingeboarding as it allowed companies to be known and recognised seeing as most skate shops meet stocked real fb products how were people to know of what was out there other than tech deck??

Last edited by Ironfingers on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
giganeo
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : A Tech Deck, bro.

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:41 am

I think it would cause an unbalance in the companies. The big companies would be in Walmart/Target, while the smaller ones gain less exposure. On the interwebz, all companies have a chance.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:06 pm

tech deck was the first toy company to take it to the supermarkets...

i doubt anyone will remember, but precision boards were pretty big before tech deck. (basically where tech deck got the idea) they were my first 'pro' setup years ago. they were in all the skateboard mags & skateshops...obviously you couldn't buy them from anywhere else, but in a way that made them more special (for me anyway) as you had to be 'in the know' to get one.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Tech Deck came in 1970's time.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:39 pm

blosom wrote:
tech deck was the first toy company to take it to the supermarkets...

i doubt anyone will remember, but precision boards were pretty big before tech deck. (basically where tech deck got the idea) they were my first 'pro' setup years ago. they were in all the skateboard mags & skateshops...obviously you couldn't buy them from anywhere else, but in a way that made them more special (for me anyway) as you had to be 'in the know' to get one.

Wasn't aware of them! Or maybe I was who knows,
What wa the quality like in comparison to tech deck? Better or worse?

nitromelvin wrote:
Tech Deck came in 1970's time.

????????

Edit***
Interesting article in transworld in regards to fingeboarding
http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000010680/news/the-fingerboard-controversy/
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm

ummm....id say the quality was alot better...(for the time). they were oldshcool shaped boards, they were plastic, but id make my own wooden decks for them....it was the trucks and wheels that were the thing. the trucks never had bushings. they were one solid piece of plastic, but the axles were single with big heavy brass wheels on each end. for the time they were the dogs...they also came in cool little leatherette bags.

i even made my own trucks, and used micro machine wheels as they were plastic and hence much lighter.

im hoping that i can get my hands on my old setup one day...(if possible) i gave it to me nephew donkeys years ago, and last i heard he still has it. ...that would be a real piece of history. what with a red plastic deck i made, trucks i made and precision board parts...well over 15 years old.....Ive been meaning to see if i can get it from my nephew for time.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:15 pm

if you ever get that.. I demand pics. I'd love to see/read more on precision stuff.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:32 pm

yeah you dont know how much i want it.....hopefully i can get it back wink
Back to top Go down
Tombom99
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Tombom99

Setup : Flat Face g12 Y trucks green x3 link oaks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:35 am

LET THE MUGGLES BUY OUR STUFF WHAT IS THIS!!
but they wouldn't get many sales cos of the price and the muggles won't appreciate how good they are
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard brands in stores.   Fingerboard brands in stores. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboard brands in stores.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1