Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalKarma Deck Review #1 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karma Deck Review #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

Setup : Redemption Agape
TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

Karma Deck Review #1 Empty
PostSubject: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm

This is my review of my Karma Deck.

Karma Deck Review #1 Sam_0410

I will be rating each section out of 5.

- Shipping and Packaging - 5
- First Impressions - 3
- Craftsmanship - 3
- Performance - 4
- Communication - 5
- Overall - 3.5

I got this deck from TomK over at FFI/FBHQ. After using the deck for about a day, in ready to do a review of it! I have set this up with Blackriver Trucks 2.0, 3 G6A's, 1 G7.1O and Creekwood Tape. XD

Shipping and Packaging - 5
This took 9 days from the US to UK however this always varies due to any postal errors. Maybe I was lucky! It was very well packaged in bubble wrap and in a bubble mailer.

First Impressions - 3
A beautiful deck with a lovely split middle ply and exotic bottom ply. I did think at one point the deck was way bigger than I firstly thought it was going to be.

Craftsmanship - 3
Before a got to looking at the deck in the package, Tom added a note telling me that the deck didn't go to planned (rounding) however I understand why because I did ask for different dimensions than the deck was originally. Tom did actually supply me with an Karma 4 Ply as he did feel bad which I didn't expect until I opened the package today. I guess it was an bonus. I did think that it was hard to get a (China) baseplate on but when I tried with my BRT's it worked 100% fine!

Performance - 4
' I did think at one point the deck was way bigger than I firstly thought it was going to be.' taken from First Expression.
But I was very surprised, the pop was crisp and solid, very light for a 5 ply deck! This is a 31mm and it was very easy to get used to landing flips left right and centre; clean as fu*k. This is a newer shape, with a shorter tail by 1mm than the original Karma Decks. Nicely covered in a equal amount of lacquer with I find perfect!

Communication - 5
You may not see many reviews that include communication but I find that it's one of the most important factors in a company! Tom's replies very quickly to any questions I ask without any hesitation. He is very friendly and kind! Defiantly someone you would like to make their company very successful!

Overall - 3.5
I believe this is one, or the best deck I have ever used! This company has just recently started and supplies brilliant decks at an amazing price. However, just a few minor errors in the craftsmanship. If Tom can fix the rounding errors that I find to be a problem in his decks. I think this is the future is bright for Karma Decks. New moulds are being tested as we speak. Hottest property in 2012? Your tell me! I'd love a shorter version of the deck. This is a amazing concept!

Thanks for reading this review of my opinion on Karma Decks. This is my first review of a fingerboard item! Please comment anything that I could do to improve my review.

Thanks,
Henry.

Buy Karma Decks by PMing TomK on FFI/FBHQ or http://karmafingerboards.bigcartel.com/

Last edited by Henry on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm

hmm great review you should do more i really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Henry that deck actually looks sick i had a redemption which was similar bottom ply and i miss it :'( i might get one of these how much are they ?
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Noel wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Noel!
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Henry wrote:
Noel wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Noel!

no problem.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Great review man, keep it up. happy
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm

callumfb95 wrote:
Henry that deck actually looks sick i had a redemption which was similar bottom ply and i miss it :'( i might get one of these how much are they ?

Trust me these decks are amazing! I think Tom needs to take abit more time on the decks and they will be perfect! Only 15$
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 pm

This is an amazing review! It's got a lot of detail about everything about the deck.

You can improve it by adding dimensions/statistics about the deck. Eg. length, wheelbase, height of kicks, concave, etc. One picture of the deck is probably too little. For a deck review, you should have a minimum of a bottom, top and side pic. I'd also add in an angled top pic for viewing the concave and depending on the other pictures, I'd vary them so that I'd have pictures of it both new and used. Also depending on other pictures, I'd also have pictures where the deck is set up and also not set up (this is so you can look at the holes and how well trucks can be set up on it). Speaking of used, you didn't mention how long you have been using it for. I love that you have given ratings on different aspects for their service. You've definitely gone beyond an average reviewer and I look forward to reading your future reviews.

As for the deck itself, it looks pretty good. I'll definitely look out for them in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karma Deck Review #1   Karma Deck Review #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Karma Deck Review #1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1