Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPhilosophy, Debate, etc... Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Philosophy, Debate, etc...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

Philosophy, Debate, etc... Empty
PostSubject: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

just a place to talk about controversial topics and other things that can be discussed intelligently. First thing i just realized... The first two letters of the greek alphabet are Alpha and Beta... Hence alphabet? (AlphaBet?)

feel free to post whatever, just keep it intelligent, no spamming, and DO NOT HATE! Whether it be theistic, philosophical, or just a good conversation/debate topic, feel free to post it here!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 am

God isn't real, and any story that supports it in any way possible makes no sense.

That'll get things going wink
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

^looooooooooooool

that's amusing about alpha + beta = alphabet. seems soo simple but you just don't click on things like that! and there's always some dick who pretends he knew all along and calls us stupid XD
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 am

Atheisism has became a religions in itself

I do not believe in god an support nothing at all tbh.
So if any of that crap I wrote insults you then it's probably because it hit cLose to home,
Let's have a fake war about it.

Last edited by Ironfingers on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 am

the only good thing about aetheism being 'big' is some of the hilarious responses from religious people, like, god must exist because there's bananas, or the big bang theory is false because when we open peanut butter jars there hasn't randomly been life created inside it.

OTHERWISE I completely agree, don't think I was spuring on danny's comment because of some hipster bullshit, I simply found it funny that he said something so blatantly controvercial as the first post.

don't get me started on swag or based god.. I think I'll always be too old for that shit, and I'm glad.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 am

Lmao, I just wanted to get an argument going, that's not my entire beliefs. I've never believed in god, but I wouldn't call myself an atheist, I'm just a non-believer. I'm an open minded guy, I won't judge anyone on their beliefs, they can be whatever religion they want to be. I was best friends with a muslin throughout primary school, and although people think that Muslims are all terrorists, he played with yu-gi-oh cards, not C4. It's the personality that makes the person.
Like I said, I've never been a believer, even when I was 7 I didn't believe in Jesus and god ect. I'll never follow the crowd, I do what I want to do, I generally hate hipsters, they're retarded (you may have seen me get pretty pissed at Jacob burke with his based god shit). Swag, based god, its all fucking retarded. I hate mainstreamers too, with their chinos, supreme jumpers, and toms. Alcohol and weed (sorry Finn) too, its not cool, they just look like wankers.
People feel need to follow their peers, and I think its stupid, people shouldn't be afraid to be their own person.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:56 am

I agree with everything the both of you guys said it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular both of you are clear of the hipster genre afaik.
Just wanted to make a point and start a debate.
And yeah I think I'm too old to "get it" in regards to base god etc..

And yeah a lot of funny arguments are online in regards to atheism v religion. Religion seems to argue from a point of zero logic.

But surely you guys are aware of the kind of people I am speaking on?
Or am I alone in my observations

Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Philosophy, Debate, etc... J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 am

This is a bit of a paradox. Skeep is creating a thread that he wants to contain intelligent debate.

Skeep.
Intelligent.

:lol:
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am

Ironfingers wrote:
I agree with everything the both of you guys said it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular both of you are clear of the hipster genre afaik.
Just wanted to make a point and start a debate.
And yeah I think I'm too old to "get it" in regards to base god etc..

And yeah a lot of funny arguments are online in regards to atheism v religion. Religion seems to argue from a point of zero logic.

But surely you guys are aware of the kind of people I am speaking on?
Or am I alone in my observations

yea, I totally know the kind of people you're on about. like, a lot of the point aetheists make are very logical, just I wish some people could live and let live. I'm well aware that many extreme christians aren't doing so (god hates gays and all that shit - and no offense america but that shit is like 99% from you) - but to those that are? live at let live, I'm sure we'll all smile moreso living that way happy
Back to top Go down
Tombom99
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Tombom99

Setup : Flat Face g12 Y trucks green x3 link oaks

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:37 pm

I believe that God is just a way to explain things that the human race has no idea about, but now science is explaining things that the human race couldn't explain in say like the 1500s.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:31 pm

not a big fan of religion at all. it's too easy.

Last edited by cartledge on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : such a small fan... i spelt it wrong.)
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:34 pm

i would say where i am at in my life, i fully believe in god.

now...im not religious in anyway, or preach cult Christianity or whatever, but there is definitely a god imo.....well...their is a god of everything good, and their is a master of everything bad....thats as simple as i can put it.

i dont see no harm in people appreciating 'god' though. their is far too much evil in this world its sickening.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:32 pm

blosom wrote:
i would say where i am at in my life, i fully believe in god.

now...im not religious in anyway, or preach cult Christianity or whatever, but there is definitely a god
imo.....well...their is a god of everything good, and their is a master of everything bad....thats as simple as i can put it.

i dont see no harm in people appreciating 'god' though. their is far too much evil in this world its sickening.
Couldn't have put it any better Ross happy
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Mikkel since the third grade I have tested in the Advanced category for ALL of my standardized tests, and aced them. I just say stupid shit constantly. ALSO, this is a place for INTELLIGENCE, I appreciate the joke I just don't want people to spam stupid shit like that. BU TLUV YOO <#3#3#3
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Am I allowed to bump my own thread? I just think its a good idea and dont wnat it to die cheers
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:04 am

Religion is stupid. The "god" the bible talks about is false.

It's just a book with a nice story, gives incentive and a way to control society.

If I'm not a little cheerleader of god and do not join his affiliate program and disciple to others and put in my works to convert and spread the word, I go to a bad place? I didn't sign up for that. That's selfish. I'm not about to worship something from a book. "God" gave me the logical brain to not think like a dumb fuck.

So if you do all these good things, you get rewarded in the "afterlife". Seriously? Who falls for that.

In the bible it also says that God created You, he knew your name before you were even born, he knew what dramatic events were going to happen in your life and when. He knew when you were going to die. --And see this is where people steer the wrong direction. They think "awww omg he luved me, zomg i feel zpecial". No.

Did you just read that? He Knew. --How did he know? Who created the initial action of those things happening if there is nothing above god. He did not just know, he created. Well, if he created the past, the present and the future and knows all those things about everything that means we are mere puppets of his faulty design. He designed your profile. He created your actions. Every sin
. So does that mean he wanted you to sin if he created all your actions? He wanted those babies to be aborted? He wanted that girl you knew to kill herself? He wanted that guy to murder your _________?

But wait. no no "the bibles says you have free-will". Me: Well, actually no faggot. Did you just hear what i just said? I've read the bible 3 times cover to cover. I've been attending church services 3 times a week since I've been 6 because my parents make me. I know the system. I know the unstable topics, I know what people fear.

It's for "those" people. The people that need extra help, have insecurities, problems, the people who want to belong to a group. Be yourself. Don't change for anyone. Follow your dreams, seriously.

For the people who believe in the "god" talked about in the bible; You're retarded, narrow-minded, probably was sexually abused as a kid and you are incapable of actually using your brain; you let others control you and you don't really own your thoughts.

There is something out there... I don't know what.. I think about it a lot.

I have more faith that we were created by aliens than "god".

Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 am

I think the Christian God is a very falsifiable one. There are so many contradictions and inaccuracies that it could not possibly be real. The Big Bang Theory is basically fact right now. same with evolution. If you don't believe in those you are a fool. And saying "well its just a theory" is bullshit and we all know it; GRAVITY is still a theory, and we all believe in that don't we? The only evidence to support the Bible is....well isnt that a coincidence... THE BIBLE!

PS Jesus was real he was just a really good magician very happy
Back to top Go down
Lacquergloss
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Lacquergloss

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 am

I'm a Unificationist
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 am

skeep222 wrote:
I think the Christian God is a very falsifiable one. There are so many contradictions and inaccuracies that it could not possibly be real. The Big Bang Theory is basically fact right now. same with evolution. If you don't believe in those you are a fool. And saying "well its just a theory" is bullshit and we all know it; GRAVITY is still a theory, and we all believe in that don't we? The only evidence to support the Bible is....well isnt that a coincidence... THE BIBLE!

PS Jesus was real he was just a really good magician very happy

You started off well... with some nice words. Went down hill sharpish though.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm a firm believer in evolution, But the big bang theory can in no way shape or form be taken as 'fact'. And to call someone a fool for not believing in the latest scientific reasoning, I feel is short sighted. The thing humans seem to be advancing as rapidly in as anything, is our understanding of time and space. I'd be blown away if in 100 years the 'theory' of how our universe came to be, wasn't far different than it is right now. And maybe then it'll be in the same boat as evolution in terms of how much faith we can put in it.

Gravity isn't a theory either.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 am

Gravity is proved isn't it? shocked
And yeah, the big bang theory isn't proved, It's just the best we've got. I believe it, because it makes sense. The universe is expanding, what started that expansion? it'd be like firing a gun in space. The bullet, and yourself with the gun would propel away from each other forever because there's nothing there to slow you down.
Back to top Go down
Keegan McLennan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Keegan McLennan

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:23 am

What are everyones thoughts on gay marriage?
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 am

Tsuyako wrote:
I'm all for it, me and Melvin are hoping to get settled somewhere in the countryside in the next few years, then tie the not a few years afterwards.

Kidding, in all seriousness I'm all for it, not that I'm gay, because I'm not, but if a same sex couple love each other, why shouldn't they be entitled to the same rights as everyone else? I generally don't mind homosexuals, they're just people like everyone else, it's not their choice who they fall for, nor is it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Philosophy, Debate, etc... J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 am

I don't really care about marriage at all.. But a lot of those against gay marriage use the argument that the bible says its wrong.

But the bible says a lot of shit is wrong. And most christians don't live by half of this shit.
And example: According to the bible you should not eat bacon.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 am

Danny Hynam wrote:
Tsuyako wrote:
I'm all for it, me and Melvin are hoping to get settled somewhere in the countryside in the next few years, then tie the not a few years afterwards.

Kidding, in all seriousness I'm all for it, not that I'm gay, because I'm not, but if a same sex couple love each other, why shouldn't they be entitled to the same rights as everyone else? I generally don't mind homosexuals, they're just people like everyone else, it's not their choice who they fall for, nor is it wrong.

This is kind of where the whole religion thing comes in to play again; If there is a God, why would he make you be something he doesn't want you to be?(gay) You don't go to an icecream parlor and ask for a shit flavored sundae unless you want a shit flavored sundae.
While I do believe in some Creator of everything, I don't believe that if you are a shit head every now and then, that you're going to go to Hell or something of that sort. Maybe Hitler or Osama will go somewhere bad, but not any of us in this topic.
I don't know how I got so deep into the religious talk again, as we're talking about gay marriage, but I'll ramble on a bit and hope someone is appreciative enough to quote me.
I do believe there is a God of some sort, but the Christian based God is just too unconvincing. Yeah, the Earth is totally 6000 years old. That explains the mammoth shit in my backyard. No
I'm not trying to bash Christians, because I was one growing up and into my fine self I am today, but their God is just plain nonsense. Just take a look at Alex VanZ's thread. You think those suns are 6000 years old? (the answer is no. they're several billion years old) Well I don't know where to end my paragraph, so I guess maybe I should wrap this up. Just because you're not Christian, doesn't make you a bad person. Appreciate life, because no matter what, everyone and everything is a miracle.

I won a math debate. (say it aloud) GUNNER BOSER... OUT! *brings fist to chest twice, walks out of room*

GOD BLESS
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 am

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT ADAM AND EVE WERE PAINTED WITH BELLY BUTTONS. THEY HAD NO VAGINA TO BE BIRTHED OUT OF SO WHY DO THEY NEED MOTHAFUGGIN BELLY BUTTONS? OH AND HOW COULD GOD SAY "Let there be light," WHEN THERE WAS NO EFFIN ENGLES!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Christianity: 0 Gunner: 1 ....... Ben's mom: 69
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... Empty

Back to top Go down

Philosophy, Debate, etc...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Non Fingerboard Discussion :: Off Topics-