Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPhilosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Philosophy, Debate, etc...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Noel wrote:
raymond wrote:
I think it will just end. Notice how you don't remember anything until you're like what.. 7-8? Before you couldn't think and you were nothing, then suddenly you notice you are making conscious thoughts and decisions.

You'll die and it will be done. yolo.

Lool My sister rembers shit from when she was 2??? she is 17 now

YOLO...

and im Christian so I belive when you die you go to heaven.... read the end of the bible its realy scary.

noel thinking is different from remmebering
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
Also, who believes in ghosts / paranormal stuff?
Also, not the films. They aren't real.

me, got a couple of stories.

My grandad was in a bike accident (this was years ago, he's dead now sad )
My mum went to the hospital do give him some chocolates, and just talk to him for abit. She stayed there for an hour or so before leaving, he didn't want the chocolates so my mum just kept them.
After she had been to the hospital she went round to her friends house, her friends had recently been on holiday, this is in like april so it was a weird time to go on holiday.
Anyway she was looking at some of the holiday photos with them, she stayed for abit of lunch and shared the chocolates with them.
She went back to the hospital to visit my grandad again, this was in the evening at like 5 or 6, there was a medium sat with my grandad and the medium started talking to my mum telling her what she had done that day, it was exact, he said that there had been spirits in the room watching what she was doing or something, really weird, have another story that's weird as fuck, cant be bothered to type it right now though, haha.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:

Also, who believes in ghosts / paranormal stuff?
Also, not the films. They aren't real.

i fully believe in 'spirits/ghosts' or some sort of beings that interact with earth and our paths cross.

ive just seen and experienced waaay too much to write them off as make believe.

although i think most of the ones people experience are up to no good, or are bad/feeding off our negative emotions.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:09 pm

Noel wrote:
read the end of the bible its realy scary.

The bible is full of scaremongering to try and make you join. Hell is meant to be there to scare you into joining their religion, imo.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:12 pm

OK, here's my theory... keep in mind I'm going into the 10th grade so I may be sounding dumb, but here it goes... Sound waves NEVER go away, they just keep bouncing and bouncing around, dissipating as they go, but never truly gone, so when the ghost guys pick up an EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) something is just amplifying it... notice how its always one place where experiences always happen? just a theory... PLumb cool
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 pm

actually their may be some truth in the 'hell' story...if you do your homework, you will find out that in ancient times people belived there were these gargoyle 'beings' reptilian if you will, that lived beneath the earth. they lived under the ground as it is warmer and they like heat.

this is maybe where this story of 'hell' comes from.

if you explore all the avenues their is truth throughout....although sketchy.

now, im not saying this is fact, but history is full of gargoyle/reptilian beings. all the way back to the earliest times of text/drawings.
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 pm

skeep222 wrote:
keep in mind I'm going into the 10th grade

just wondering, what ages are people in grade 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and at what age do you stop being in a 'grade'.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Billy Mackean wrote:
skeep222 wrote:
keep in mind I'm going into the 10th grade

just wondering, what ages are people in grade 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and at what age do you stop being in a 'grade'.

Oh sorry, haha. I'm 15 and people in 10th grade are sophomores, either 15 or 16. High School stops at grade 12, and usually 18-19 yrs.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

blosom wrote:

i fully believe in 'spirits/ghosts' or some sort of beings that interact with earth and our paths cross.

although i think most of the ones people experience are up to no good, or are bad/feeding off our negative emotions.

Same.

Billy Mackean wrote:

The bible is full of scaremongering to try and make you join. Hell is meant to be there to scare you into joining their religion, imo.

Exactly.

blosom wrote:
actually their may be some truth in the 'hell' story...if you do your homework, you will find out that in ancient times people belived there were these gargoyle 'beings' reptilian if you will, that lived beneath the earth. they lived under the ground as it is warmer and they like heat.

now, im not saying this is fact, but history is full of gargoyle/reptilian beings. all the way back to the earliest times of text/drawings.

Hell is not even created yet, according to the bible. Souls are just waiting to be took up to heaven and taken down to hell, (judgement day).

Respect towards Ross though. With age comes wisdom. Christianity is just a stupid topic. But demons, possesion, ouija boards, no. You can't deny that. And those are described to the T in the bible which makes me sketched.

Because I've seen and had experiences with that stuff. I don't completely understand it but it's something rough..

Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:15 pm

raymond wrote:

Respect towards Ross though. With age comes wisdom. Christianity is just a stupid topic. But demons, possesion, ouija boards, no. You can't deny that. And those are described to the T in the bible which makes me sketched.

Because I've seen and had experiences with that stuff. I don't completely understand it but it's something rough..

Erm what are you talking about? demons, possesion and ouija boards are all a load of shit. Ouija boards are the oldest con in the book.

Christianity and religon is a great topic of debate... the paranormal on the other hand is con artists making a fool out of people like you. You've not exeperienced ANYTHING that couldn't be explained by logic and science.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:19 am

Not even going to comment. How can one possibly experience these things alone when no one is around and call it "someone making a fool out of me". Is my mind playing tricks on me?

Perhaps you've not experienced it. That's fine.

Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 am

[quote="Noel] read the end of the bible its realy scary.[/quote] its not scarry if your on Gods side... see the devil gets just compleatly destroyed.. and so do his followers.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 am

cartledge wrote:

Erm what are you talking about? demons, possesion and ouija boards are all a load of shit. Ouija boards are the oldest con in the book.

Christianity and religon is a great topic of debate... the paranormal on the other hand is con artists making a fool out of people like you. You've not exeperienced ANYTHING that couldn't be explained by logic and science.
This.
It annoys me when people claim to have had experiences, because its blatantly impossible. No matter how many fake videos you'll see on tv, and the internet, it hasn't happened to yourself.
Probably just a drafty window.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:30 am

Honesty is the Best Policy.

Remember this quote.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:22 am

It's as if you've come from the future to give us amazing advice.

nice one Melivin.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:14 pm

raymond wrote:
Is my mind playing tricks on me?

Yes.. Life is an illusion. If you believe that something can happen, it can. You just have to believe it enough.

How do you think magic and dragons existed in ancient times?
Back to top Go down
cherrygrip
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
cherrygrip

Setup : Temple Fingerboards
Blackriver Trucks
Oak wheels.
Foamy G.

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 pm

nitromelvin wrote:
Honesty is the Best Policy.

Remember this quote.
Deep.

I really don't know what I believe, I'd say the inside of me wants to tread towards buddhism of one form or another, yet I'm too bogged down in material possessions and stuff for this to become reality (I think). I don't believe there was a god, I believe there was an unusual, natural chain of events that started it, whatever it is.

Also, have thoughts on suicide been covered yet?
I think it should be allowed for the terminally ill, but not for the mentally unstable. I don't quite know where I'd set the limits though, for example if people with long term mental issues should be able to choose death.
Discuss that yo!
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 am

raymond wrote:
blosom wrote:

Billy Mackean wrote:

Exactly.

blosom wrote:

Hell is not even created yet, according to the bible. Souls are just waiting to be took up to heaven and taken down to hell, (judgement day).

Cool story bro but ouija boards were invented in the 20s by like hasbro or something, it's a game for kids.
Quote :
The Ouija board ( /ˈwiːdʒə/ wee-jə) also known as a spirit board or talking board, is a flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0-9, the words "yes", "no", "hello" and "goodbye" and various symbols and graphics. It is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc.,[1] which markets and distributes the Ouija Board as part of its line of board games.

Blosom the mind is a powerfull tool and can spritz out on you from time yo
Time but most experiences can be explained away rationally.
No matter how bad I wish monsters etc were real, I don't think they are r there would be more proof or evidence Surely?

And Ive read a lot of that reptilian nonsense but can't get around the fact that people are saying they control the world an the like even though they are some of the least evolved creatures on the planet, doesn't the reptilian brain only have a few functions I.e eat sleep run away?

I've had scary shit happen to me but I just can't bring myself to be afraid of monsters when humans are the scariest fuckers there is!

A lot of paranormal feelings get attributed to the effects
Of infrasound on the human body
Interesting read here
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Infrasound

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 am

Does anyone ever think that childrens imaginary friends might be ghosts or spirits of dead children? I was reading some stuff but you can't really trust much on the internet. I don't really know what to think. My little brother had one when I lived in a different house but when we moved it kind of just went? haha
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:39 am

Jack L wrote:
Does anyone ever think that childrens imaginary friends might be ghosts or spirits of dead children? I was reading some stuff but you can't really trust much on the internet. I don't really know what to think. My little brother had one when I lived in a different house but when we moved it kind of just went? haha

who knows?
kids are supposed to be more open to it aint they?
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Well it's a little different doing it by yourself, glasses falling on the floor, breaking and candle lights being swept out. Maybe the board is a joke, maybe it's just something that helps with opening yourself up.

It only works when your mind is open, which is the sketchy part.

You don't know the power of it, don't disrespect a telling of just 1 experience. I can't fake that.

Or maybe I can. Can't humans only use like 10% of their brain power? That true? Anyone ever researched that?

Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:54 pm

The board and it's "powers" have been disproven many many times man.

And there must be a study on that 10% thing.

The power of the human mind has yet to be understood I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:07 pm

^yeah i agree, and yes children are meant to be more open to it from what I have read. I know there was some posts about oujia boards but has anyone done one? Im kind of interested.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:16 pm

DIS THREAD NEVER END.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Jack L wrote:
^yeah i agree, and yes children are meant to be more open to it from what I have read. I know there was some posts about oujia boards but has anyone done one? Im kind of interested.

Yes...? I wasn't just talking out of my ass. They're interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philosophy, Debate, etc...   Philosophy, Debate, etc... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Philosophy, Debate, etc...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Non Fingerboard Discussion :: Off Topics-