Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

Quick Questions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Jack B. wrote:
cant get onto norwood project right now, anyone else got the same problem ?
it works for me
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Are there any benefits/disadvantages for square tail decks?
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
The benefits with square tail decks (in my opinion) is that you can usually pop straight tricks such as kickflip and stuff that doesn't really spin straighter, especially nocomplies. Other than that they're just more fun to use and when I got used to them it felt so good and honestly much better than a normal shape deck. In the beginning of using them it might take a bit of time to get used to it. My friend who is used to regular shape decks is still struggling with kickflips on a squaretail haha. It's up to preference I guess, I love square tail decks at least!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:47 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
The benefits with square tail decks (in my opinion) is that you can usually pop straight tricks such as kickflip and stuff that doesn't really spin straighter, especially nocomplies. Other than that they're just more fun to use and when I got used to them it felt so good and honestly much better than a normal shape deck. In the beginning of using them it might take a bit of time to get used to it. My friend who is used to regular shape decks is still struggling with kickflips on a squaretail haha. It's up to preference I guess, I love square tail decks at least!

Nice, thanks. Ordered a Bawsewood deck and he accidentally sent me a square tail. He said I can send it back and get a normal shape if I want. I'm trying to decide what to do haha.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

Nice, thanks.  Ordered a Bawsewood deck and he accidentally sent me a square tail.  He said I can send it back and get a normal shape if I want.  I'm trying to decide what to do haha.  
I would keep the square tail! Test something new hehe
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:05 am

AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

Nice, thanks.  Ordered a Bawsewood deck and he accidentally sent me a square tail.  He said I can send it back and get a normal shape if I want.  I'm trying to decide what to do haha.  

I'm strongly considering it. My only concern is after I get used to the square tail all of my other normal rounded tail decks will feel weird
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:36 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

I'm strongly considering it. My only concern is after I get used to the square tail all of my other normal rounded tail decks will feel weird

Not at all. I make square kicks decks and it doesn't mess up anything. Just like having 29 am 32mm trucks. riding one wont make you feel weird on the other.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 4:13 am

Jared wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

Not at all. I make square kicks decks and it doesn't mess up anything. Just like having 29 am 32mm trucks. riding one wont make you feel weird on the other.

Excellent because I decided to just keep it. I'll post a pic in the set up thread. I tried a couple kick flips and it didn't really feel too different which is probably a good thing, but I'll have to sesh it to really feel it out...but that will have to wait until tomorrow
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Does anyone have a link to where I can order maple veneer? I used to order from some guy on ebay but he quit his account for some reason awkward
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:19 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
Does anyone have a link to where I can order maple veneer? I used to order from some guy on ebay but he quit his account for some reason awkward
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/131446/Maple-Veneer-12-sq-ft-pack.aspx
This is what I use. Very cheap, a lot of veneer.
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 pm

It's been a while since I last came back to the scene. Anything new? Noticed that instagram is the thing now. Anyone in particular to follow? Last time I checked 32x100mm were the norm, is it 34mm now or what? BRT 3.0s or Ytrucks x5s around? Last I was here berlinwood released 33.3mm decks.
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Here's an Instagram Topic with the people around here:
http://www.fingerboardhq.net/t15034-instagram

33mm is pretty popular at the moment, but everyone should use what feels comfortable. Most of the companies still make 32mm.

Nope, BRTs 2.0 Ytrucks X4 are still the latest stuff.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Has anyone here tried Homewood or Emanant? I'm looking into getting a second set up and those are two brands I'm looking at for my deck. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

Setup : Cowply 33mm
wide brts/med oringz&witchcrafts
Nolliewheels little stones
mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:45 pm

homewood! you can choose the shape, graphic and width and they kick ass! mid shape is my fav and they are just one of te most perfect decks I've seen
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:15 am

Nice, they're kind of what I have been leaning towards. Do you know the length of them if I got the mid shape in 33mm?
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:49 am

definitely homewood. much better quality
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:42 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Nice, they're kind of what I have been leaning towards. Do you know the length of them if I got the mid shape in 33mm?

they're 98mm.
mid shape is a good choice, great decks.
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:35 am

and if you have any questions Justin is a super nice guy!
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:47 am

After reading all the stuff posted about Homewood and how you can choose from several options...well damn I think im going to order me one. thanks guys even tho I didn't ask the question.
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks mang. Noticed that Homewood is really popular now. What changed?
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:37 pm

i believe it's because new molds and instagram very happy im surprised i had never heard about them until i joined here.. the quality is just top of the list imo and the pricing is not bad either happy i know i sound like a superhypeinstagram kid but i had some questions when i ordered my deck and justin just blew me away with his way to deal with customers cheers
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 pm

I feel so old now. Homewood was really good back then but wasn't that popular. Instagram really changed the game
Back to top Go down
Praibis
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Praibis

Setup : Tech deck

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Tips on holding down BRR baseplates? without glue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/praibis
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:31 pm

If your screws are long enough , maybe try to put a nut on the other side on the baseplate part and see if you can tighten it like a nut and bolt haha.
Can't think of another way besides glue or lots of tape
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Thicker screw....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next