Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAnti-Fingerboarder Stories Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-Fingerboarder Stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
myhotCaffeine
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
myhotCaffeine

Anti-Fingerboarder Stories Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 pm

I wanted to start this story thread today but I totes forgot so here it is.

Share your anti-fingerboarder stories. Did anyone say anything dumb to you about your fingerboarding? Share them, and tell us how you dealt with them.

I'll start.

Story 1: I was in Japanese class and my classmate was laughing at my fingerboard. I told her to do an ollie for $10. She tried for half an hour to no avail. Then after hearing how much my setup costs, she suddenly handled it like it's made of glass.

Story 2: Was in a corner of a small McDonalds (well, the one at Scape) seshing with a friend till night time - we barely talked, just the tapping of the boards. There was a bunch of ladies at a table beside us and they were talking pretty dang loudly. One of them kept staring at us. Before she left, she told us "Next time you should be more considerate and stop being such a nuisance." I smiled at her and the dudes beside us at another table looked at her like she was ridiculous. Then I proceeded to ask her to go f* herself.

Note - I do stop if people are doing work near me and stuff. But this lady was being very loud with her friends so whatevs.
Back to top Go down
http://helloleitmotif.com
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 pm

i fingerboard anywhere i can. i was fingerboarding at train station on my own and there was a cue of people staring and i couldnt give a shit and carried on.

i dont really pay attention to people when im fingerboarding. i couldnt care what people say. ask XI i even fingerboarded in mc donalds car park floor lol
Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Never received stick for it, apart from a few times in the library because it was really loud and people were trying to revise.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm

>I'm at the table with my techdeck
>My mom's piece of shit boy friend comes in with his red hair
>He tells me to top with the clicking clack
>Lord Shrek comes in and kicks his ass
>Me and Lord Shrek make snusnu
>I get happy and techdeck on his stomach
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:

Dude, quit taking acid man...

I don't get much crap, really happy not as hardcore as Tom though; dude, I wanna see some McDonalds action for the MH vid wink
Back to top Go down
TomColbert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TomColbert

Companies : Fingerboarding and Skateboarding
Setup : Yellowood Z3, Blackriver Trucks, Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Used to do it loads in school but got tired of all the shit people gave me, so pretended I quit, muhahaha

And my parents and grandparents always laugh at it haha, But they know how hard it is and credit me for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/colbertfb?feature=mhum
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Basically i quit for like 2 years because i got bullied for it
Sucks really
Back to top Go down
Big Tom.
Supporter
Supporter
Big Tom.

Setup : Red Wolf 31mm Split Ply
Ytrucks x4s
RV White Oaks
Ace Tape/Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Boffey wrote:
Basically i quit for like 2 years because i got bullied for it
Sucks really

this really does suck brah!!! people suck sad
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 pm

ahh i was at the skatepark inside the shop and we where doing a chill sesh and this kid walkes up and grabbit it and said ''do it on a real board i i su mooch berter den u at sk8in so iz cn do dis better''

im not gonna finish the story cause im gonna get hate and ''your a fake sack of shit'' comments
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Well my friends think it's kinda lame more than that I haven't experienced.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 pm

I went to IKEA ones with some of my friends to sesh some pools and then sunddely a worker walk to us but stopped when she was 5 meter from us and starred at our fingerboards for like 3 mins then she walked away. It was really creepy
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:25 pm

[quote="SeamusMcFlurry"]
GunnerBoser wrote:

Dude, quit taking acid man...

its HCl acid Danneh no hamrm if you don't use much.

Back to top Go down
Strawberry_Crush
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Strawberry_Crush

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm / Ytrucks X4 / G6-5 / Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 pm

I haven't really experienced hate. My friends think it's lame and sometimes a teacher confiscates my decks and stuff but that's about it.

BrorS wrote:
I went to IKEA ones with some of my friends to sesh some pools and then sunddely a worker walk to us but stopped when she was 5 meter from us and starred at our fingerboards for like 3 mins then she walked away. It was really creepy

They might be afraid of you shoplifting. I try not to fingerboard in stores, it just makes problems for the owner/manager of the shop.
Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 pm

One time me and Gunner were having a sesh on a refrigerator that was on display in b this store called Alco. Until all of a sudden a lady wearing shape-ups walks past us, and pretends to hide in an isle while she examines what we're doing. Then all of a sudden she pops up out of nowhere and starts yelling at us telling us to stop. She told us we might break the fridge lol.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 pm

I brought a flashdrive shaped like a fingerboard, but much thicker, etc. I took it out in computer class, to upload something we had to work on at home. Some kids start calling me a "stupid teckdecker" and crap like that. I told them to politely screw off, or I would erase their project. I won the battle, but the war rages on. *dramatic cut scene containing fire and dark lighting*
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:21 pm

^^ wow stipid "tech decker" ... Alot of people think its " GAY" but its mainly because they dont understand it...one of my friends used to HATE on fingerboards..now its calm with him...Melvin and I even put up a setup for him..he was a fast learner..shame he never got into it properly.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Basically everyone at my school hates it, so I decided to stop doing it, oddly enough, one time my brothers friends came over to watch film (They were like 17/18 at the time) and they actually told me to bring my fingerboard down and show it to them, and they thought it was really cool and were impressed when I did a kickflip lipslide afro
It may have just been because they were quite high (I think, I walked outside and they were smoking something, this was me pre-pothead so I dunno, they were watching pineapple express which sort of said they were high)

Also a few weeks ago in art, people were talking about being internet famous, and this girl asked me if I'd rather be tumblr famous or youtube famous, and I said tumblr famous, because getting subscribers is really easy and I said my youtube channel had like 300 subscribers, and this girl said to me that she remembered my youtube channel and how I had "silly tech deck videos" and I sort of had to say "yeah I quit that" because at this point, everyone in the room was staring at me.
It was really awkward.
I don't really fingerboard that much, but still, having people chat shit about your hobby is kind of disappointing.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I like to just remind people that I genraly think their hobbies are shit and why should they care what I do in my own time
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Jacob W wrote:
One time me and Gunner were having a sesh on a refrigerator that was on display in b this store called Alco. Until all of a sudden a lady wearing shape-ups walks past us, and pretends to hide in an isle while she examines what we're doing. Then all of a sudden she pops up out of nowhere and starts yelling at us telling us to stop. She told us we might break the fridge lol.

I work here and I will tell the manager!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 pm

This one time I was fingerboarding, and this really hot babe walked in and saw me, she flicked her hair in slow motion too and it made her look like a supermodel. Then she came over and was like 'You must be very good with your fingers mr sexy man' and I said 'Yeah watch this' and did a kickflip. Then she whipped off all of her clothes and then she rode my horse right there. So anyway we both enjoyed ourselves and that was that.
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 am

When I was in junior high techdecks were the board of choice and I used to by 5pack techdecks like they were fucking 5 cent candies. I probly had like 20 in my locker at all times. My locker was a top locker so it was about chest high. I brought two teckdeck quarters and put them on either side so I had a miniramp in my locker haha. Even the jocks loved it for the most part they come sesh at lunch we were all homeys. However The teachers fucking HATED fingerboarding, me, ramps, skateboarding, smoking pot, and smart asses. All of which I was all about. We had this social teacher who was known for just flipping the fuck out bigtime and I hated her so I would constantly sesh in her class making little hubbas out of my books. One day she confiscated my techdeck. No biggie I got like 20 of these fuckers in my locker I thought. I asked her to go to the washroom and went to my locker instead, jam packed my pockets full of as many techdecks as I could. When I got back to class I resumed the hubba sessions, and she confiscated that one, and the next one after that, and so on and so forth. This went on for a good 20 minutes. I kept pulling out techdeck after techdeck until she got fed up and threw all the ones she had taken from me on the ground and literally walked out of our class. Then I resumed the hubba session again. True story.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 am

Nathan is my hero.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:52 am

My parents and stuff make fun of it. Also I got made fun of at school when I was fingerboarding with my tech deck flash drive. Another time people looked up my name on google images and made fun of me. That's part of the reason why I don't fb much anymore
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:59 am

JakeC wrote:
Another time people looked up my name on google images and made fun of me. That's part of the reason why I don't fb much anymore
That's weak dude... hmm
and I've had this happen multiple times too (the first part), but all my friends think its awesome. ha.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:15 am

DarianN wrote:
JakeC wrote:
Another time people looked up my name on google images and made fun of me. That's part of the reason why I don't fb much anymore
That's weak dude... hmm
and I've had this happen multiple times too (the first part), but all my friends think its awesome. ha.
What's weak? And my friends think its weird about how I take it to the "next level" I guess lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-Fingerboarder Stories

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next