Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAnti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-Fingerboarder Stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 am

It's weak that you stop fbing because people make fun of you.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 am

It's weak the people make fun of him for fbing.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:50 am

Finn S said he stopped doing it because people made fun of him
And I also think its weak for people to make fun of other people for their hobbies.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 am

So show them you're stronger than them.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 am

After when I started back up a bit I was like "I don't care what you think, at least im having fun in my life." They haven't said anything since happy
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 am

When i was a freshmen and i moved back to N.C, some of my friends that I played foot ball and basketball with started talking shit cause after football practice becuase i would fingerboard and wait to get picked up. While i was waiting one nigga just comes out and just does the basic nigga shit " nigga why you fingering a techdeck nigga you should be fingering bitches nigga, while you doin dumb shit im fucking bitches , getting money"(typical black dude with no education but found his way to the 10th grade) nigga goes away grabs a ball and throw it at my hand. I get up grab my helmet ran after the fat ass nigga and hit with my helmet, the bitch was bleeding people went and got coach and i got kicked off the team. So now i got suspended, couldn't play football, and my right hand was jammed like a bitch. I think the reason people bully other people who do something out of the norm is because they dont understand it so if you dont get it make fun of it; i was just one of those people who dont like people messing with me. Now as i get older i understand when you do something diffrent you always have someone starting shit with you
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 am

Sucks man. How long we're you suspended for?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 am

I think it's a lot easier said then done Darian. I haven't been given a hard time for it but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. I hope it doesn't though lol. I wouldn't quit cause if it but it's for sure not as easy as brushing it off a lot of the times.
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 am

I really only do it in my house..
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 am

JakeC wrote:
Sucks man. How long we're you suspended for?

10 days my mom was pissed, but i think it was a learning experience i needed to have

Last edited by justin cheeks on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 am

People make fun of me, more because of how much money I spend on it. I think people would care a lot more if they didn't know I skated. I fingerboard in every class though, and It's always sticking out of my pocket. But if you take their comments seriously its worse, I kind of just laugh with them, fingerboarding is pretty ridiculous really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
Murdock
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Murdock

Setup : wide decks
med kicks/concave
loose but firm trucks

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 am

People will always be negative towards things they don't understand. I love it when the word sport is mentioned and then repeated as a question; "Sport!?"
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:37 am

justin cheeks wrote:
When i was a freshmen and i moved back to N.C, some of my friends that I played foot ball and basketball with started talking shit cause after football practice becuase i would fingerboard and wait to get picked up. While i was waiting one nigga just comes out and just does the basic nigga shit " nigga why you fingering a techdeck nigga you should be fingering bitches nigga, while you doin dumb shit im fucking bitches , getting money"(typical black dude with no education but found his way to the 10th grade) nigga goes away grabs a ball and throw it at my hand. I get up grab my helmet ran after the fat ass nigga and hit with my helmet, the bitch was bleeding people went and got coach and i got kicked off the team. So now i got suspended, couldn't play football, and my right hand was jammed like a bitch. I think the reason people bully other people who do something out of the norm is because they dont understand it so if you dont get it make fun of it; i was just one of those people who dont like people messing with me. Now as i get older i understand when you do something diffrent you always have someone starting shit with you
Thats sad what happened but......
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 am

Noel wrote:
justin cheeks wrote:
Thats sad what happened but......

wait what

EDIT: oh shit you think im not african american
Back to top Go down
Harvey Glynn
Admin
Admin
Harvey Glynn

Companies : Ex-Tape
Setup : Home Made Deck
Ex-Tape
Y-Trucks X1
Pink G4 Buttas

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 am

i basically fingerboarded when it was "in" at my school, then when it was out i did it at my house and as you know started making youtube vids, then stayed as a closet fingerboarder for a few years just on here and youtube, and then someone in my friend group found my youtube, and put it on facebook which was all a joke but really sucked! so after hundreds of people liked it and shit i had to delete my channel which also sucked bad, after the youtube shit i got crap at school all the time, most of it ended in fighting or laughing it off haha it was pretty bad, this then lead me to quit, didnt cause me to but pushed me in the right/wrong direction, then i quit fingerboarding, moved on with life and came back to the sport now that ive left school and back to a closet fingerboarder i am,

and big tom can probably remember i got Busted in mac d's by a kid from my school "is that a tech deck ahhah" he saw it in my hand -_- xD it sucks that we are not socially accepted

Back to top Go down
http://www.FingerboardHQ.net/
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm

DarianN wrote:
Well no one ever came up to me and was like "Hey look a faggoty tech dicker" because they know if they did that they'd get socked in the jaw, I Just didn't fingerboard at school, just because a majority of people got pissed off with the clacking. I never stopped fingerboarding, just cut down.

DarianN wrote:
Using a "toy" is no way of saying "Hey look I'm macho check my muscles, I'm strong as shit yo, check my abs"
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 pm

People hate how much cash I drop on new gear.....

Besides that, I think they are pretty accepting in my school, because theres like 2 other of my buddies that FB too.

One story I have....

Basically I fingerboard everywhere, and my Dad doesn't hate it, but he doesn't love it either....
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:38 pm

i never fingerboard at school, but i just fuck around like "omg i'm a tech decker" so people dont really care
Back to top Go down
billydan224
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
billydan224

Setup : deck:roswells rd-2
trucks:roswell trucks
wheels:roswells bearing wheels
grip:riptape
Tuning:riptape

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:54 pm

my freshman year in world geography me and my friend made a 3 stair out of some books but i never got any hate for doing it in class i didn"t even get in trouble
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 am

It started in 6th grade for me (about 10 years ago.. wow I'm old). Every day after school, my friend and I would skateboard for a few hours and then fingerboard in his kitchen until I had to go home.

Too afraid to bring my TechDeck to school, I would usually use a small pencil, put pressure on the graphite part, and pop it up onto a textbook to do grinds during class. A couple people saw me doing this and made fun of me for a bit. Fortunately for me, one of the "popular" kids came over to me and told me it was awesome. This, of course, changed most of the class's outlook on this weird pencil skateboard I had made.

A few weeks later, I brought a Techdeck to school and people were amazed by my ability to do fliptricks into grinds. Soon enough, maybe one in three people in my classes had a Techdeck. For a few weeks, I would hear the sound of someone popping a trick in every class.

Unfortunately, the teachers caught on and made an announcement that they would take Techdecks from anyone in class. After a month or so, the fad I had brought school died down, but a few of my friends still fingerboard from time to time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 am

Finn S wrote:
DarianN wrote:
Well no one ever came up to me and was like "Hey look a faggoty tech dicker" because they know if they did that they'd get socked in the jaw, I Just didn't fingerboard at school, just because a majority of people got pissed off with the clacking. I never stopped fingerboarding, just cut down.

DarianN wrote:
Using a "toy" is no way of saying "Hey look I'm macho check my muscles, I'm strong as shit yo, check my abs"
I wasn't talking to you.
and I was talking about showing them you're strong by showing them your fingerboard hmm
Back to top Go down
rjkpogii
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Berlinwood Wide Low
Riptape
Techdeck Longboard Trucks
Flatface Team Bushings
Flatface G6As

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:17 am

JakeC wrote:
My parents and stuff make fun of it. Also I got made fun of at school when I was fingerboarding with my tech deck flash drive. Another time people looked up my name on google images and made fun of me. That's part of the reason why I don't fb much anymore
Thats one of the reasons why I didn'y put my name on my YouTube channel. Sad that people pick on other people's hobbies because they are childish or "gay"
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 am

TomColbert wrote:
Used to do it loads in school but got tired of all the shit people gave me, so pretended I quit, muhahaha

Same. Well I didn't get shit people thought it was cool, but I felt uncomfortable doing it around peers for some reason when I hit high school. I guess I was afraid of being looked at as "lame" or some shit which really I was just afraid of getting laughed at. Which I don't know why because a lot of people thought it was cool... so I stopped bringing my fingerboard to school... Well, when I did fingerboard.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:26 pm

Eye fngrbrded in scool al duh tiem, until wun dhey a guy wuz liek, HAY A TCHDICK NERD,then I strted crying, soe hee stuk duh HOLE fb up mai but, i had itt up dare 4 DEYZ,I wuz scarrred 4 LIEF, I nvr tchdicked agen...
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Xavier wrote:
TomColbert wrote:
Used to do it loads in school but got tired of all the shit people gave me, so pretended I quit, muhahaha

Same. Well I didn't get shit people thought it was cool, but I felt uncomfortable doing it around peers for some reason when I hit high school. I guess I was afraid of being looked at as "lame" or some shit which really I was just afraid of getting laughed at. Which I don't know why because a lot of people thought it was cool... so I stopped bringing my fingerboard to school... Well, when I did fingerboard.

With a voice as smooth as Xaviers though, anything can be made cool cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Fingerboarder Stories   Anti-Fingerboarder Stories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-Fingerboarder Stories

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next