Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDeep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

Companies : I make decks for my self occasionally.
Setup : Pli Deck Custom
BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Purple BRR Edition Wheels
Witchcraft Bushings<3

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:27 pm

The decks are getting there Ian! I wouldn't suggest selling a prototype though.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 pm

The shape looks kinda uneven, which IMO isn't something that can be justified selling with so many deck companies out there.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm

The reason for the shape looking a tad bit off is the lens on my camera. The shape is perfect though.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:49 pm

From what I can see the shape is uneven as Mikkel said. Another thing is the lacquer looks light and bubbly.You need to get finer grit sand paper and sand after every coat. Make sure you don't go too hard and sand everything off. Just lightly sand out all the air bubbles and dirt that gets on the deck. Wipe it of and recoat. Also, i know I have messed up a lot of cool decks cause i got too excited and went ahead and lacquered a deck too heavy right away. Take your time and do REALLY light coats. In the end you'll get nicer finish. Over time it will be easy for you and you'll be able to do it quickly. As for the sides, i see that it's very rough. Make sure you hand sand all of the deck. Removing any glue stains, rough spots of shaping the deck. It all has to be smooth.

I noticed you said you use a band saw? That's a big no. It's dangerous and really isn't needed lol Just us a simple belt sander or even better a disk sander. And I wouldn't recommend buying an nfb mold. It's a $250 investment that you aren't ready for. I didn't get mind until just about a month ago. I had been making decks for years. I used molds that I made myself and I upgraded with a $30 mold I bought from some where else. It's easy to make a good mold to be honest. Just take your time. The real difficulty in deck making starts from the point you take a deck out of the mold. One last thing. There isn't a need to create a company NOW. Just makes some decks. Post pictures. Create some hype. Make sick stuff and people will want to buy your product later on.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:06 pm

BrianC wrote:
From what I can see the shape is uneven as Mikkel said. Another thing is the lacquer looks light and bubbly.You need to get finer grit sand paper and sand after every coat. Make sure you don't go too hard and sand everything off. Just lightly sand out all the air bubbles and dirt that gets on the deck. Wipe it of and recoat. Also, i know I have messed up a lot of cool decks cause i got too excited and went ahead and lacquered a deck too heavy right away. Take your time and do REALLY light coats. In the end you'll get nicer finish. Over time it will be easy for you and you'll be able to do it quickly. As for the sides, i see that it's very rough. Make sure you hand sand all of the deck. Removing any glue stains, rough spots of shaping the deck. It all has to be smooth.

I noticed you said you use a band saw? That's a big no. It's dangerous and really isn't needed lol Just us a simple belt sander or even better a disk sander. And I wouldn't recommend buying an nfb mold. It's a $250 investment that you aren't ready for. I didn't get mind until just about a month ago. I had been making decks for years. I used molds that I made myself and I upgraded with a $30 mold I bought from some where else. It's easy to make a good mold to be honest. Just take your time. The real difficulty in deck making starts from the point you take a deck out of the mold. One last thing. There isn't a need to create a company NOW. Just makes some decks. Post pictures. Create some hype. Make sick stuff and people will want to buy your product later on.
This^^. Follow all of Brian's advice and you'll see the progress you make.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm

I will I indeed, thanks Brian. But I'm not even gonna open the web shop up for a while because I wanna perfect them, then sell some on here. And if people like them. Then I can hopefully sell them online.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 am

BrianC wrote:
And I wouldn't recommend buying an nfb mold. It's a $250 investment that you aren't ready for. I didn't get mind until just about a month ago. I had been making decks for years. I used molds that I made myself and I upgraded with a $30 mold I bought from some where else. It's easy to make a good mold to be honest.
very good point the nfb mold isnt going to help much decks can still come out of the mold uneven or warped . its only going to give you alined holes and that is if you have the deck cut out right. jim doesn't sell you a ready to make perfect fingerboard . you have to get the skills and it only takes time. and i also noticed , now im not calling you out or anything. but you always have an excuse for why somethings not right. WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU !
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!!! (New Cruisers!!)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:41 am

ianbryce199 wrote:
Hey guys, so if you haven't seen my last website and or decks. They looked like poop sad. I have been working on new decks and have found new shaping techniques, better ways to press them for a better consistency. Also, I have been working on drilling holes and making them a lot cleaner. I have some decks made but not enough to release a stock yet. I am trying to do graphics (custom only), but I can't do good paper graphics at all. And when I do woodprint, since the bottom ply's grain has to be horizontal, whenever I cut the deck out on my band saw it rips the bottom ply apart. So if anyone could give me tips on graphics, that would be great happy. I will be redoing the entire website. So expect a huge improvement in Deep Forest Decks! I will have pictures up once the stock is ready. Also, prices will be lowered to 5 dollars because I just want to get decks out to people to show them that they are good happy. And I have been working a lot, so within a couple of weeks or so, I will be getting an NFB mold. But for now, I am staying with the medium kicks shape.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Dscn0911Before Final Sanding, Lacquering.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Dscn0913After Final Sand, Lacquering

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Dscn0915 This is a prototype deck, PM me if you want to prototype it.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Dscn0916 Medium Shape

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Image11 I just made this one of a kind cruiser today. I used no template what so ever, I just eyeballed the shape. Offer up on it. I will be selling these also once the stock is complete. But that won't be for a while. And sorry for the bad picture, I had to use my iPod.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:58 am

I feel like I just need to point out that "Kroozers" is already kind of a Pure brandname. Idk if this has been said already but just thought I'd chime in very happy
Back to top Go down
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:57 am

I pm'ed you about a prototype.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 am

Yeh pure already used the name 'Kroozer'. a cool name will be 'Chillar" Like a deck you just chill around on or something.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry Brian, all copyright goes to you lol. And I think I'm gonna stay strictly on making cruisers because I love the way they ride and the way it feels to perform tricks on them. And with the ones I make, it's like riding a regular deck, but better. I will be sending out prototype cruisers instead I think because I wanna focus on them more. And I am just gonna make regular decks for people who ask me to. Also, I think I'm gonna change the name. My brother gave me a cool name. Does anyone think Booyah Fingerboards is a cool name?? P.s I have a split ply in the mold right now and I will be cutting it out in a few hours so be prepared for awesomeness!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Dude, at your price point I can be buying an Ambition. They are STUPIDLY cheap (so cheap I actually kinda don't wanna buy one, cos I feel they're unfairly low-balling other deck makers and making competition needlessly unfair, but that's a different, more socio-economic discussion), but the fatc remains; phenomenal, 7-ply deck with WOODBURN logo for the same price as your (no offence meant here at all, but...) fairly average looking decks. Just my two cents dude. Make me want to buy your product for a reason that isn't just "they're cheap".
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:47 pm

skeep222 wrote:
I feel like I just need to point out that "Kroozers" is already kind of a Pure brandname. Idk if this has been said already but just thought I'd chime in very happy

In all fairness guys, Kroozer has been used by plenty of people before. Games Workshop, for example (Ork 'Kill Kroozers'), and by a skate company, Rootamental, or even by Kustom Kroozer Kollective.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 pm

very true ^ but think economically, as you said.

this is a 13 year old kid trying his hardest to make decks, jobless, without all the fancy things you need to make woodburns, prints, and everything you mentioned above.

I think he is pricing his decks so low because he can't afford not too..
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
Dude, at your price point I can be buying an Ambition. They are STUPIDLY cheap (so cheap I actually kinda don't wanna buy one, cos I feel they're unfairly low-balling other deck makers and making competition needlessly unfair, but that's a different, more socio-economic discussion), but the fatc remains; phenomenal, 7-ply deck with WOODBURN logo for the same price as your (no offence meant here at all, but...) fairly average looking decks. Just my two cents dude. Make me want to buy your product for a reason that isn't just "they're cheap".
This could be said about most decks on the market
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:24 am

No actually because all the other deck makers on me have workshops to make their decks in, I have a basement with a band saw and a drill press.. And for what I am making, it's well worth the 5 dollars so hop off!!
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:30 am

And wait till a of you see a review of a prototype I sent out, the you will all see my decks are well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:34 am

ianbryce199 wrote:
No actually because all the other deck makers on me have workshops to make their decks in, I have a basement with a band saw and a drill press.. And for what I am making, it's well worth the 5 dollars so hop off!!
Stop right there. If your decks are well worth it then you wouldn't be holding off on selling them Ian let alone for $5. and as for not having the right tools all you have to do is save your money. Not all of us just start off having the tools needed to make decks. I didn't have a drill press until about a year ago. I started off using a hand drill dude. I'm not trying to be rude or mean but Brian,Mikkel and I have given you advice and you sit there and say you understand and then go and do something that is completely against what you say you're trying to do.

Last edited by Ryan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skaterd97
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Skaterd97

Companies : Hello fingerboards
Setup : berlinwood
Brt
china tape
Witchcraft tuning
cnc wheels

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:51 am

Ryan has a point I've been making decks for 5 years off and on and I still don't have a drill press I and I just got a drill this year before I had to take a drill bit and hand drill them literally it was hard but I worked with what I got. My "shop" is set up in my room that's what you have to do when you live in an apartment so don't make any excuses man
Back to top Go down
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:04 am

You never replied to my PM...
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 am

ianbryce199 wrote:
i dont have a work shop i have a drill press, disc sander and now a cnc cutting machine , i make decks in my garage. i take it mostly as an insult , do you think we all went out at once and dropped thousands of dollars to buy tools. selling your decks for $5 bucks just tells me that how much you think there worth. which lets us know there not very good. (dont get me wrong some people that sell decks cheap make good decks) you think that lowering the price will make someone want your deck more ? respect your decks . people reading this can think im a total ass hole for finally saying it that everyone that has an AD above has to at least lower the price alittle bit or loose sales. everyone wants something cheap, cheap is what you want? cheaps what ya get.
yea my work shop -_- see the elfs in the back
Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Tradit10
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:48 am

keelan W wrote:
see the elfs in the back

lmfao.

but yea, a lot of deckmakers don't have workshops and do magic shocked
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 am

ianbryce199 wrote:

That's what I have to work with too bud.
And from personal experience and quite a few reviews I would say Compiny's are well worth the price I sell them at. That's the thing with ambition, compiny, pure, temple zink etc. Good tools don't make good decks. Good deck makers do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next