Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalOG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :
my setup seriously does resemble a pickle

OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review Empty
PostSubject: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 3:42 am

First of all, I recently got both of these products and I've been using them all week for several hours a day and have gotten a lot of use out of them, at least an ample amount of use to write reviews for both of the items. So let's dive in!

OG Decks Custom

OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review 29mrvi0

Shipping The shipping was kind of aggravating on this product, as I was told that it was going to be shipped out several times but however, it wasn't sent for a while after I expected it to be shipped out. Along with that it took 6 days rather than the standard 3-5 days from the day that it was shipped. However, with the recent snow storms and such in the area that Gunner lives and also where I live, shipping has been delayed a few days on everything so that part isn't really to be blamed on Gunner. 6/10

First Impressions I was really excited about this deck when I found the package in the mail, especially after the slight delay and especially because it is my first deck from OG. I quickly set it up with some rip tape classic and some china trucks and flatface wheels, and it easily became the best looking setup I own. Plus the color popped out on the deck a ton, and it was obvious that time was spent on it which leads me to the craftmanship. 10/10

Craftmanship The craftmanship was decent in all respects. However there were several flaws, that aren't huge but still should be addressed. Between the trucks there is a sort of indent that seems as if one of the plies was weaker than the others in that area, or maybe just a dent from the way it was pressed. This flaw isn't noticed just by glancing at the board however it doesn't cause the performance to deter. The holes are all drilled perfectly inline and it is countersunk, although the countersinks are a little awkward. However the screws functioned with the holes fine and it was all good when I had it setup. It is well lacquered, appearing nice and shiny to the user and the lacquer seems to withstand quite a bit of roughing from my marble surfaces. I love the shape of the deck, and I personally prefer it over my higher concave berlinwood. 7/10

Performance This deck runs incredibly good on the performance line. It has fairly low concave but higher kicks and it works very well for me. The wood was nice and solid on my deck and felt crisp and smooth. It has nice pop and the pop has seemed to have gotten better over several days of use. A deck that gains a better performance value from an already high performance value is obviously a good choice. I quickly adjusted from the shape of my previous deck to this one and I was able to get all of my flip tricks down on it within an hour or so. 10/10

Overall I personally enjoy this deck a lot, despite a few very unnoticed errors with the craftmanship. It is a lot of fun to use and the shape was easy to adjust to. Although the shipping was a tad bit aggravating, the deck was definitely worth the wait and has become my main setup. And with the price of fifteen dollars that I payed, it was definitely a great choice. I would recommend it to those looking for a cheap, reliable deck. 8.25/10

Sean's Bushings

OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review 14imjx4

Shipping The shipping on this product was quick, as it was shipped in about 3 days. Although it was shipped in an envelope, all of the bushings plus a few extras were shipped safely and efficiently to my mailbox. There isn't else much to say. The shipping was fantastic. 10/10

First Impressions My first impression on these bushings was kind of odd, but not bad. The bushings were smaller than I expected and actually reminded me of real skate bushings in shape and in feel. I'm unsure of what material they are but I liked the feel of them when I first opened them. Not to mention that a near lifetime amount of bushings were packaged within the envelope. 9/10

Craftmanship There isn't much to say about the craftmanship other than the fact that they look like they were quickly made. They were made well but the only complaint I really have about the craftmanship is the fact that the holes in them are extremely tiny, and on the some of the bushings it even appears that the holes weren't even poked through. Another problem is that when you are putting them on they can break if you are trying to attach a bushing that has a hole that is off center. This can be aggravating, but very few of them actually have this issue and most go on easily by using a tool to "screw" the bushings on. Other than these issues, it seems that they came in a huge quantity due to the fact that they may break, which is extremely generous and helpful. 7/10

Performance I really love the way these bushings perform. Even with my china trucks that I use they still seem to snap the hangars back into place, even with the way that I ride my trucks: extremely loose. Not to mention, they also function very well when used on tighter trucks as well making them sort of the jack of all trades when it comes to bushings. Honestly, way better than the easily worn out Flatface bushings I usually use. 10/10

Overall These are the best performing bushings that I own, and despite having the flaws of occasionally breaking when being put on and the effort that it takes to put them on, they work fantastically and look incredibly original. They are shipped quickly and they came with a bunch of extras that have also kept me entertained. Also, did I mention that I got these bushings and the extras free? They probably won't be that way for much longer, but it is still fantastic to get a large supply of free bushings that work very well for me. Not much else to say other than be sure to watch for when/if these are released to fingerboarders everywhere. 9/10

Last edited by KuhPopie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DarkSideDanger
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DarkSideDanger

Companies : Brutal Fingerboards, Overbird
Setup : Berlinwood wide low Star Wars
Brt wide black trucks
New Foamy greatness tape
Witchcraft tuning w/ risers
Flow wheels
All quality

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:33 am

cool but I can't see your pics? Where do you get Sean's bushings from?
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:11 pm

They were from skatemaster213. I was testing them and he wanted me to review them.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:13 pm

pics dont work
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Need Pics
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Shipping delays seem to be a common re occurrence with Gunner. 
The decks are nice though.

Would like to see pictures.
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:09 am

Okay, I am well aware of you guys not being able to see them. I will try to fix the problem. Relax.
Back to top Go down
Ben_crotteau
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Ben_crotteau

Setup : OG "OG" graphic split ply, Black Jesus Grip New and Improved, Flat Face Teflon Bushings (Black), Broken Knuckle Crome Trucks, Broken Knuckle CNC white wheels

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm

It took my friend like 2 weeks to get his deck. But it snowed soon much. I think it was the snow. He got extra stuff in the package though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinnesotaBenBurns
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 am

looks like plugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review   OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review Empty

Back to top Go down

OG Decks & Sean's (Skatemaster213) Bushings Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1