Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLevel Up Tape Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Level Up Tape Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

Level Up Tape Review Empty
PostSubject: Level Up Tape Review   Level Up Tape Review EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 pm

To start off, I want to thank Jason for sending me this tape free of charge! Very thankful.

Okay, so, if you haven't seen yet, Level Up is a pretty new company here on FBHQ, but new doesn't mean bad. The Level Up decks look really well crafted, and seem to be overall nice boards... But, what isn't advertised as much is the tape he has. So I'm going to review the tape so that people can decide if it's right for them.

This tape is much different than anything I've ever used before. Instead of the normal "foam" or "rubber" feel, this feels kind of like cloth/neoprene hybrid. And that doesn't mean it is cloth, in fact it is much different but I cannot think of another word to compare it to.. It's just really different.

The actual performance of the tape, is okay. I've definitely tried grippier tape. It's definitely usable, but don't expect it to be like slim n catchy or anything like that.

Now, what makes the tape very intriguing, aside from the fact that it is something completely new, is that the price is extremely low! $2 for a 3 pack of tape... That's insane! Even cheaper than china tape brands like broken knuckle or 4corner. I don't think $2 will really make you broke, so it's definitely worth a shot!

Other things I may add about the tape, is that the sheets are super big, 38x114mm! will definitely fit any deck. Also the thickness is 1.5mm, which people seem to like a lot. It's very squishy as well, so your fingers feel very comfortable (lol).

There is also skate grip on the site.. 3pk for $1 which is an awesome deal as well!

I think that about wraps it up! If you have any questions you can ask me and I'd be happy to answer you. I'm sure you can ask Jason too, he knows more about the tape than I do haha. Also (Jason) if there's anything I missed just let me know and I'll add it in. Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

Level Up Tape Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Up Tape Review   Level Up Tape Review EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks for the review man! I'm glad you enjoyed the tape I sent. You pretty much summed it up exactly: Level Up tape is a neoprene fiber tape that is very porous, grippy (in a different way than what else is out there), and you got the sizing spot on. I chose this tape over other samples I was sent because the "medium grip" feel combined with the easy compression of the material made it something totally unique to what I've used before.
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com

Level Up Tape Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1