Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNeed Help with Kick Flip Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Help with Kick Flip

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChopStick
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Need Help with Kick Flip Empty
PostSubject: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:02 pm

I know how to do kick flip quite good,
But I can not do at 100%
I can do about 5-6/10
How can I improve it?

By the way, sorry about the English ..
Back to top Go down
Evan P
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Evan P

Setup : Yellowood P-6
Ytrucks
Ex-tape
G6o's

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Just keep doing it, and try it onto stuff, like try kickflip onto ledges, and rails etc, that way when your just doing it on flat it seems alot easier?
Back to top Go down
OBF
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
OBF

Setup : Proowood Venti Deck
TD Trucks
Nollie Classics (Green)
Proowood Tape

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:10 pm

keep trying dude, i used to be just like you but with practice and determination you can be perfect at them, well, almost perfect like landing them 9 out of 10 times dude

keep going on it happy
Back to top Go down
ChopStick
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm practicing on it for several months, I'm stuck on this ..
Sometimes I try to do on rails and on boxes But that does not help me

Thanks a lot for the tips friends!
Back to top Go down
Alex.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Alex.

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 pm

You need to mess around with different finger positions. Try moving your middle finger close to the bolts, and then try it right on the end of the tail. Try your index finger in the middle of the deck, and then right near the nose. Try every combination until you find the one that works best for you.
Back to top Go down
MF_antwOn
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MF_antwOn

Companies : Skateborading, Fingerboarding, Being A Father, Disc Golf, Graffiti, Music Production, Hip Hop
Setup : Prowood 30mm
Thin Pro Tape
Redawn Shaped w/ FF Teflon Tuning
G6Ds

Prowood 29mm
Creek Wood Tape
Redawns w/ Creek Wood Tuning
4CFB

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:00 am

what helped me the most was staying fluid with my finger motions and not trying to snap flips ya know.

for me kickflips are the same position as a ollie just with this movement

start rolling, pop a ollie, same time while moving your front finger off the corner of the nose, and just follow through with that movement!, dont try to just snap the flip and hold back, hoping it goes where you want it to. follow through with your hand movements and just try to get fluid with them.

its alot of practice but once you know how to move your front finger and follow through it becomes automatic like ollies.

Back to top Go down
cherrygrip
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
cherrygrip

Setup : Temple Fingerboards
Blackriver Trucks
Oak wheels.
Foamy G.

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:32 am

Just don't get stressed. i can never land tricks if im stressed, Have you watched weekfinger's how to kicklip video? thats how i learned! happy
BTW good english.
Back to top Go down
Sonnikid
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm

I had this problem too, you just gotta keep trying different finger positions till you get the right one then just keep practising over and over then when you get better try it over objects and it gets much easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help with Kick Flip   Need Help with Kick Flip Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help with Kick Flip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1