Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalJust made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

Companies : Triigz Designs - Graphic Designer
Setup : Just got into fingerboarding, so currently still trying to build a nice setup. Got 4CFB yellow Trucks and white bushings with yellow bearing wheels. Gonna buy a Flatface G12 soon.

Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Empty
PostSubject: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:28 am

So excited to see how these turn out after the next few days! Im gonna post some pics after they are done and on the bigger one Im gonna go a custom flatface sprayed painted logo. I might give one away later if people like them very happy

Updated: Okay so here are the pics, I decided to put a banana on it because I want to start making some decks under the name of Bananawood, let me know what you guys think! Turned out really good and smooth, does chip after some long sessions but that is normal with regular concrete use. Enjoy...

Before the banana decal...
Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Img_3211
After...
Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Img_3215
Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Img_3216
Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Img_3217

Last edited by triigzhd on Sun May 13, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New pictures!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/triigzhd
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:29 am

sounds really cool man. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

Setup : Just got into fingerboarding, so currently still trying to build a nice setup. Got 4CFB yellow Trucks and white bushings with yellow bearing wheels. Gonna buy a Flatface G12 soon.

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:59 am

Alright, will do! Thanks for the reply!

RyanMarshment wrote:
sounds really cool man. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Updated! Checkout the pictures, turned out great!
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:42 pm

so those are ledges to manual and grind on - not a concrete mold to make decks.. that was what i thought when i read it the first time before pix..

cool man - turned out nice - l like how your concrete is a smooth edege
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Turned out really good   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:24 am

Yeah thanks, I was surprised how good they turned out cause it was my first time ever making concrete obstacles! Definitely gonna experiment with some shapes in the future.

brian84corvette wrote:
so those are ledges to manual and grind on - not a concrete mold to make decks.. that was what i thought when i read it the first time before pix..

Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:27 am

brian84corvette wrote:

I'm not really liking the name but at the end of the day it's the quality that matters. Also, it looks like your molds have some dents or something in them cause there's marking on the op of the ledges. Other then that they look clean happy
Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:34 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
brian84corvette wrote:

I'm not really liking the name but at the end of the day it's the quality that matters. Also, it looks like your molds have some dents or something in them cause there's marking on the op of the ledges. Other then that they look clean happy
Think its because he used a Tupperware box as a mold, i had the same problem tongue
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:39 pm

No offense but some people come up with some really silly names. Bananawood? A while back somebody named a company duckwood, wtf is up with this stuff?
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:49 pm

banana concrete maybe sounds better
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

callumfb95 wrote:
banana concrete maybe sounds better
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Cool Obstacles, whatever yo do though. Don't take Bananawood!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Any one rember Canada wood?
Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

Setup : Redemption Agape
TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Bananawood, Tehee!
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Deck look like china.
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Thats not a deck I made lol!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I didnt make that one, but it actually isnt a china. Lol i just got my veneer today so i just put one in the mold happy

nitromelvin wrote:
Deck look like china.
Back to top Go down
Cole H
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Cole H

Companies : Wave FB
Setup : Berlinwood Elias Assmuth New Mold
Wide Trucks
Flatface G6D's
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:32 pm

CasparH wrote:
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Used a plastic storage case.   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah ik but i actually just sanded them out and honestly you can hardly see them.

ConcreteFBS wrote:
RyanMarshment wrote:
brian84corvette wrote:

Think its because he used a Tupperware box as a mold, i had the same problem tongue
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Any suggestions for names?   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:35 pm

If you got any suggestions that would be cool, cause I thought banana wood would be unique but I havent started decks yet so it can always change. Just thought it was unique.

But seriously leave suggestions if u can think of any very happy

RyanMarshment wrote:
brian84corvette wrote:

Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Just don't get a word and put "wood" after it, be original.
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Suggestions?   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:37 pm

I kinda thought it was different and unique, could always change tho. Most names dont really make any sense anyway lol

CasparH wrote:
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:53 pm

most names out there actually do make sense lol... why not even "bananacrete"? makes more sense
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:08 pm

skeep222 wrote:
most names out there actually do make sense lol... why not even "bananacrete"? makes more sense
wink
Back to top Go down
triigzhd
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
triigzhd

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Cause I just made this for fun. Only things that I want to become really good at is decks. So I might do bananadecks, bananaboards, or bananawood. Dont know which one for sure

callumfb95 wrote:
skeep222 wrote:
wink
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:25 pm

just don't use wood. so overused.
I like the banana idea, you could be like decks kinda look like bananas or something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!   Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just made 2 concrete fingerboard molds!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next