Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhy does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why does everybody hate on prowood?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Also... The comments of these people on here (because you described them to me as young kids who cannot differentiate between right and wrong) are their own opinions. FingerboardHQ does not condone anyone's specific opinion as it's own personal views for a particular company.

AKA: Your beef is with the people who dislike your company... not with this forum. You can't wander around the internet intimidating people to agree with your company... If people have a pre-formed notion about it and want to speak their mind on what happened I'm all for it.

Also there are people who for sure remember going to NCD and it re-routing to your website... That alone is a pretty scummy act. If people don't want to buy their products they won't... And unfortunately you are working with a tight-knit close group of friends here where loose lips sink ships and fires burn so many bridges everyone is stuck on an island... Simply put, if people don't like your products on here it's going to be that way.

Even if you want to get all legal over a bunch of bits of wood that roll around on wheels and the people who play with them. (Which is one of the smallest communities in the world.) It won't matter. Even if we lost and we had to agree to say nothing bad at all about your company... Nobody would buy your products still because of the pre-formed notion and the "libel" would be committed elsewhere on some sort of medium where you couldn't just waltz in and start dropping legal terms and trying to intimidate people into liking your product.

Please just take your drama else where... Or to where someone might actually give a shit.

Where I live we don't turn every single rock turning over into a legal matter and your law heavy ways of thinking are a damper on the fingerboarding community as a whole. If you want to proove yourself as a company start doing what Northwood did to earn my respect (post videos of your deck process, videos of you fingerboarding, videos that show you actually care and are legit?)

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 Sts10
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Every time some one posts on this thread, a kitten is killed.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:30 pm

TylerE wrote:
Every time some one posts on this thread, a kitten is killed.

I hate cats. :p

Quote :
Deshawn,
Thanks for the constructive thoughts. Let me ask you this.. You write,

#2: Interact. Do more than whore your product. Theres time enough for people to want your items if first you become better friends with people.
- I comment and post on hundreds of videos a week. I response within hours to posts on my facebook and answer no less than 100 emails a day. I have joined this forum as well as another. Please checkout my facebook wall or my youtube channels if you want to see this. What else can I possibly do?
You have people who like your products for whatever reason. Not everyone will like your stuff. People are quite free to dislike or voice their dislikes. If they are basing these on their personal experience with the item... there is no case. Movies get bad reviews every day. No one is sued. Get over it.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE.. strangely enough, when the 'issue' with NC came about, my access to the FFI Forum was revoked without reason or notice and I was not able to defend myself. I attempted and requested to have my access back, but it was not granted. What else should I do?
Be the bigger man. As i said, investigate what happened between yourself and NC, publicly announce it, go to the limit and beyond to get to the bottom of it. If ANYONE is to be sued, its the person who framed you.

#3: I do have one picture in facebook from ages ago with my daughter in my workshop and also have one of my molds sitting in front of me during my television interview. I seriously don't mind to post pics of the shop, but honestly, I have never really taken any. I will post them, but I don't think that is going to help..
Its better than nothing. If people continue, they are grasping at straws. Until then, just post pics. Or even film yourself making a board! Even better.

#4: Fix things with NC.
- Sadly, when this all began, I have reached out to NC. However, given that he never responded, there is really nothing more I can do. Honestly for months, I have never even responded to this mess, but enough lies have been spread, I am not going to sit quietly anymore.
You realize that you'd have to prove these things are lies, right? Your boards suck- youd have to prove they do not. You will have to compare them to top of the line fingerboards. ... ... actually... thats stupid. Its all stupid. A judge will giggle his pants brown and throw the case out, if even you get to court. Sue over toys? A grown man playing with a kids toy and talking to little kids? Are you SURE you want to go down road? Like, really? Come on. Its a bad idea. Seriously. Just ignore them. I dont agree with what Finn did, or whomever did it, but thats really easily fixed isnt it? Going to lengths of the law.. it should be reserved for something serious. Not some pranks from internet kids.

Be a smart guy.
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

Companies : Prowood Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Tyler,
In order to stop the kittens from dying, I will end my role in this thread. Thanks for the perspective.

All,
I have stood up for my company and am proud of what I do. I love making fingerboards and I put my heart and soul into it almost 12 hours a day, every day of the week. You are all entitled to your opinions of me and my products, that's all good. I have no hate for you and I wish only the best for you. ALL OF YOU.

I have actually joked from time to time that by being able to sell my fingerboards all over the world, I am helping and hoping for world peace, one fingerboard at a time. Joke or not, that is truly the best part of this. I have made friends from Malaysia to Croatia to the North Pole. I think that is completely awesome and has been possible only thru the connections I have made thru fingerboarding.

I'll find some clever way to show you my workshop (video or pics or something) in the upcoming week. I have a few ideas and am actually excited to show off what I do. I take great pride in my craftsmanship. You can watch my facebook page for updates should you be interested in knowing the REAL Prowood. www.facebook.com/prowoodfingerboards

In closing, I will once again ask that you stop spreading the lies and untruths. I wouldn't do it to you. I don't do it to others. 2012 is almost here, maybe it's time for ALL of us to make some changes to help better fingerboarding and the spirit in which we cooperate. That is my wish for the new year...

I wish you all a Happy Holiday and a fun, awesome filled 2012.

Regards,
Jim Vickers,
Prowood Fingerboards

PS. Should you wish to continue this discussion, that is fine. but save everyone the trauma and simply message me. If you have something to say, I'm happy to hear it!

Back to top Go down
http://www.prowoodfingerboards.com.
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:44 pm

I think if Jim actually answered the questions with real evidence everything would be fine. We ask about the NoComply beef and his involvement with the scene and he either just shunts it off or says "My decks are all made by me" which is irrelevant to what we were asking.

He dodges questions like a Republican candidate.

And as for all the kiddies saying "Pr0w00d 1$ $h1TTT N00B" shut up because we are trying to make some progress on this issue and you guys are just noise
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:48 pm

ProwoodJim wrote:
You can watch my facebook page for updates should you be interested in knowing the REAL Prowood. www.facebook.com/prowoodfingerboards

The perfect sentence for showing how much you only care for large statistics and profits, that's certainly the REAL Prowood.
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:49 pm

THINK ABOUT THIS KITTENS GUYS!
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:52 pm

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 D1f17775-b144-49c1-81ac-2bd081360881
Back to top Go down
Trop32
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Trop32

Companies : Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Fingerboarding
Setup : Jack shit.

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:53 pm

This is an anoying thread....
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:56 pm

ProwoodJim wrote:
In closing, I will once again ask that you stop spreading the lies and untruths. I wouldn't do it to you. I don't do it to others. 2012 is almost here, maybe it's time for ALL of us to make some changes to help better fingerboarding and the spirit in which we cooperate. That is my wish for the new year...

i'm not spreading lies, until they are proved to be lies. PROOVE IT.

The changes you should make are:
Stop selling mass produced stuff for heinous prices.
Stop dodging questions
and finally..

PROOVE YOURSELF

your mum.

EDIT: Jim told me i spelt prove wrong. imma leave it.
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

Companies : Prowood Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Ok. quick post to give you a link to a picture of my drill template and a classic mold I am working on at home today. When I'm finished, my template will be able to easily accommodate a 32mm board!

and while it is alleged that am some computer genius, sadly, I must admit I am not. I am unable to embed my pic in this forum post, so the best i can do is to give you a link to a picture on my facebook. Also, s promised more pics to come from the workshop this week!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150495646139866&set=a.378145469865.156788.233028444865&type=1&theater
Back to top Go down
http://www.prowoodfingerboards.com.
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:52 pm

ProwoodJim wrote:
@Ryan, so you are saying I am not legit because I won't post pics of my workshop. Can you tell me that if I do that, this will end? I doubt it.

He doesn't have to show his shop? Sorry I haven't been following up on this... but I think this might have gone to far. Lol. But seriously...

Prowood is clearly in fingerboarding for the money. Personally he's not doing anything extremely Horrible to the scene.. But he is a shady owner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
JordanFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:08 pm

everybody, i only asked why people didn't like prowood, there's no need to start a flame war
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Forgiven I ment it would benefit him to show his shop. I'm pretty sure he drills his decks like everyone else does and puts his decks in the mold just like everyone else. Like I said I wasn't asking him to show what glue he uses or anything.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:27 pm

^You said it girl.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Go Gylissa
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:44 pm

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 Brandi-storage
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:55 pm

And kittens continue to die.
Back to top Go down
JordanFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:59 pm

i like kittens. they're pretty
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:05 pm

you just killed one. Murderer!
Back to top Go down
JordanFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:06 pm

and so did you:)
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:07 pm

so did you! lol ima stop since this will just keep going on.
Back to top Go down
JordanFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:22 pm

we're just killing kittens
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:05 pm

RM wrote:
#3 especially ^^ i thought northwoods was just another china company run by a 12 year old until he proved his worth. They are a seriously sick company and i know that they are involved in the scene because he proved to us he was.

Plus Northwoods are trying to do as much as they can for the scene, so far they have went to a hospital and donated a few decks to kids and sponsored the Dublin Fingerboard meetup hosted by me happy

There is no point on hating on Prowood , if you realy dislike em just dont get involved with them..
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:26 pm

BRIAN GET YOUR HANDS OFF MAH WOMANN. BRANDI IS MINE.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

why does everybody hate on prowood?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next