Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhy does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why does everybody hate on prowood?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:29 am

JT wrote:
Prowood isnt that bad honestly, haters will hate and people who don't hate will actually buy them and try them for themselves
I've had like 6 prowoods and none of them were bad except one did warp

awkward

Finn S wrote:
He resells some really shitty ramps made by some small company and brands them as his own :L

Billy Mackean wrote:
MaxL wrote:
But yeah it's because they stole a BW mold that people don't like supporting them.

no that was nollie. They just based their mold off a BW shape.

this is the real reason:

Jackson Theile wrote:
jim bought the domain to nocomplydistribution.com. The real nocomply website is nocomplyfingerboards.com So when you typed in nocomplydistribution.com, it went to prowood's website. There just a shitty shady company anyway.

also he is a nasty cunt to Todd. And he immitates other companies on ebay by putting their names in the title of the stuff he sells to get more hits. The wheels they stock are widely known to be nollie wheels not china, equally as bad, though. Also he rips off little kids all day everyday.

Finally he was a massive cunt to me once.

See hate implies a sort of irrational hate... Hating a company for being a dickish company isn't hating... That's being a smart buyer.
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

Companies : Prowood Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:59 am

Wow. Someone brought this forum and these posts to my attention and I must say I was very saddened. The posts range from simple crudeness to downright libel. I had to sign on to simply set the record straight for those of you who might not know any better.

- First, I did not and have never stolen anything, including websites or molds, from other companies. I have asked all the libel statements be immediately removed from this forum. I would especially think that moderators of this forum would simply know better than to spread lies and untruths. Not cool.

-Second, I have never publicly criticized ANY fingerboarder or fingerboard company. I challenge you all to find one negative word I have ever posted anywhere about another person or business. Any conversation I have had with Todd Cuzzort or any other company out there is a personal matter between business owners and I will not discuss such matters in public forums or other.

-Third, I have a money back guarantee on all of my boards, if you have a problem, I will work with you to fix it. Boards can warp during shipping and if that occurs, I will help you to fix it or provide another one to you. I have NEVER had ONE board returned to me for being so warped that a simple twist could not put it back into place. It is a wood product and simply put, it can happen but I guarantee your satisfaction! Now, please note, my guarantee will not extend to boards you may purchase from others persons as once a board leaves the original owner, I have no control over the circumstances to which it may be subjected. (Billy, you should follow up with me on that, as I believe I have never sold a board directly to you and I am fairly sure I told you, if the board didn't come direct from my workshop to you, I cannot guarantee its performance.)

Fourth, well know or not, where I get my products or whether I create them myself has never been published. I take great pride in my products and craftsmanship and work hard to ensure each product sold meets only the highest of quality standards. As I stated before, I stand by my products 100% and guarantee against defect of workmanship.

Fifth, I do not RIP OFF KIDS ALL DAY LONG. Again, such libel is not appreciated and won't be tolerated. Again, I take great pride in my products and work and simply won't tolerate such nonsense.

Sixth, you are certainly entitled to your opinion of my products. You may hate them or love them and that is fine. If you don't like my products, that is certainly fine, I never make anyone buy anything from me. However, if you have never tried my products and you simply help to perpetuate false rumors, that is unacceptable. If you have the board you have tried, then say it, it's cool. But if you hate my board because your friend once tried a board from his friend, then that is not cool. You have no room to criticize. You can certainly state your friend used my board and hated it, no worries, but to say my products are in some way unlegit or bad is simply not right. Have some ethics people.

Seventh, I seem to get a lot of slack about not supporting the scene. What exactly is required to support the scene? Must I give a certain number of free products? Must I have my own molds and website? What exactly is the requirement. BECAUSE, I do give quite a bit back to my customers every month, and I do have my own molds and website. I have 28,000 plus fans in Facebook. FANS! How am I not supporting the scene??
I would simply encourage you to think this way... I have a budget set aside every month to support local events, and I do give-a-ways just about every week. I have a monthly prize for Review of the Month and I have a Fan of the Month prize I send out completely at random to a facebook fan each month. At least twice a week, I pick a couple of orders and toss in a few extras, just because! I sent over $300 worth of prizes and give-a-ways to FastFingers for Philipp to handout, JUST BECAUSE! I have sent packages to over 30 events in 2011. I created the prize boards for the King of Christmas contest. So again, what must I do to support the scene? Other than BW, who else can you name that has put that much free stuff out there?

Lastly, You say I don't know fingerboarding? Again, YOU have no idea about my knowledge of fingerboarding. What you do know is that I am grown man with 5 kids. My kids all fingerboard and try as I might, I simply stink at it. I also skateboard but not so well. Can I do a bunch of tricks, no way.. do I talk to my 28,000 fans each and every day to learn what they need and want from a fingerboard company, Yes! Do my kids and my awesome team have input into my product development? YEP! Do I watch each and every video posted in youtube about Prowood to see what is happening in the world, yes! Do I watch hundreds of youtube videos a week just to make sure I stay current with the latest and greatest? YES! Do I host events myself and have a team to help me stay on top of all this? YES! I spend a good 80 -100 hours a week on fingerboarding, so I strongly disagree, I do know fingerboarding. Do you spend that much time in a month? Maybe you do, I don't know.. But I do know, it is not a toy, of course not! It is a great source of entertainment and for those with skill, it is a competitive sport at the very least! One I support and have dedicated the last 4 years of my life to growing and nurturing and supporting.

Ok, so most of you may not read thru all of this, but know this is the first time I have ever spoken about any of these issues in a public forum. Do I make mistakes? Yes. Have I made a bad fingerboard, Yes. I am not perfect, but I do my absolute best day in and day out to help make Prowood Fingerboards the best company possible. I try to learn from my mistakes and simply do better the next time. After 4 years at this, I am still proud to say I make great products at reasonable prices so that EVERYONE who wants to fingerboard has access to a quality product at a reasonable price. That's what I am about.

If you need clarification on any point, or i can answer any question for you, please email me at Jim@prowoodfingerboards.

Back to top Go down
http://www.prowoodfingerboards.com.
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 am

Fuck off Jim.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 am

So why buy nocomplys domain?
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 am

Finn S wrote:
Fuck off Jim.
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

Companies : Music, FB, SB, Sporting
Setup : Woodguest Deck
FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 am

I feel like you guys are being overly mean to Jim and his business... Ive had nothing but good experiences with prowood's service and products. sure i hold the opinion that they are a bit distant from the real community but no need to be hostile
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:06 am

Rm he bought the nocomply domain when Todd din't pay for it so people would think that they were buying nocomply.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:06 am

Jim, can i see pictures of your decks during production?
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:22 am

tl;dr

sorry it's prowood... i can only give so many fucks a day
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:54 am

ProwoodJim wrote:
I make great products at reasonable prices.

you only make half of them, and most of them are very expensive.

I'm sorry i have been a nuisance to you Jim. I just think you have done too may things wrong. You deny them and then dont back yourself up with proof. So it ends up being a vicious circle, where "rumours" come up you deny them but dont silence people by proving they are false, so they arise again and we're back at square one.

also, with supporting the scene, I think it's fantastic that you send out so many prizes, That is taking a step forward and supporting the scene. But then half the products are mass-produced, so at the same time as supporting the scene you are sucking life from it consequently taking a step back.

you clearly put your all in to it, but mistakes always come back to huant you.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Also I'll get back to you on removing stuff from the forums Jim.

I'm not a big fan of censorship... Especially when it's companies asking me to cover up shit that from what I've heard so far is true. I'll talk to Kerry but honestly this isn't like an official newsletter here; this is the opinions of people and how they feel.

You are allowed to say whatever you want in rebuttal but I'm not gonna start deleting comments that people have stated until someone else tells me to. (aka Kerry)
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:26 pm

RyanMarshment - you wrote, 'so, why buy nocomplys domain?.

Ryan, the answer is I did not. You can check 'whois' to see who the owner of that domain is. It is not me, never has been me and was not done for me. Take this issue up with whoever owns the site. Honestly, I am not even computer savvy enough to understand all this, but my web developer explained all that to me..

Billy, I am not out there badmouthing anyone! Why would I need to back up lies and rumors started by others? I do the right thing. What exactly do I need to prove? See above to understand the Nocomply issue, proof is there. I have made 20,000 fingerboards MYSELF so I am perplexed by your comment about me making only half my products? As to expensive, that is a matter of perspective. Compared to BW, my boards are very inexpensive!

At Brian C, email me about this. I'm curious as to exactly what you want to see.

All, in my recent television interview, I have one of MY molds sitting in front of me, feel free to check it out.. http://www.whas11.com/video/featured-videos/135380533.html

To the rest of my friends and customers, thank you for your continued support. 2011 was a fabulous year for Prowood and the thanks goes to every last one of you! I have the best fans in the world!

thanks all!
Jim Vickers
Owner of Prowood Fingerboards
email: jim@Prowoodfingerboards.com.

Back to top Go down
cherrygrip
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
cherrygrip

Setup : Temple Fingerboards
Blackriver Trucks
Oak wheels.
Foamy G.

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:27 pm

LLLLLLL0000000LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:34 pm

^ wow... why would he do that.. It makes himself look so bad..
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Finn S wrote:
ProwoodJim wrote:

email: jim@Prowoodfingerboards.com.

You're really gonna regret putting that here

lol prowood i s a fail sorry

the kids make fingerboarding look sad.
Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:44 pm

RM, I do not deny that happened. However, again that is not proof that I did anything. You might want to research the whole domain registration process and then you will see that I do not and never have owned this domain! This is ridiculous.

I cannot speak for whoever did this, but honestly, I don't have to. Simply stated, not me!
I have nothing to gain from that what so ever!
Back to top Go down
cherrygrip
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
cherrygrip

Setup : Temple Fingerboards
Blackriver Trucks
Oak wheels.
Foamy G.

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm

You're cute.
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:55 pm

OK so lemme get this straight. Someone, without telling you, who has no affiliation with you, decided it would just be neato if they registered NoCo's domain to route back to your website.
Just because.

See it's funny because I have a hard time believing that. I mean it makes so much sense.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:58 pm

C'mon Jim they dont let you off fraud just cos you say "i dont know how the money got there". And this is the same, no one's just gonna say "oh he said it wasn't him.. everyone drop the isssue and party".
You have to prove it. Hard evidence, that leads to a conclusion. you cant just say (as shaggy did) "it wasn't me".

also, i said half your products, that means half. So not decks, just trucks and wheels and ramps.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Guess he got you guys there. No one has ever faked a name on a registration.
Back to top Go down
RM
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
RM

FBS Extra Smooth Tape
Blackriver Trucks 2.0
Black RV Oak Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Billy Mackean wrote:
you cant just say (as shaggy did) "it wasn't me".
Especially when there is video evidence of you "creeping with the girl next door", so to speak.

Back to top Go down
ProwoodJim
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ProwoodJim

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:21 pm

@RM, you opinion is just that, an opinion. I have my own customers and website that is doing AWESOME! Where does that site direct you to now? Oh yeah, NOT Prowood. So, does that mean now that Hair Club for Men 'stole' nocomply's domain? I have no idea and honestly don't care!

IMHO, given all the hate directed toward me, I would not be surprised one bit to find it was EXACTLY someone who thought they could hurt me by doing such a thing.

Oh yeah, what about the burden of proof Billy? Same thing.

Believe me or not, I know good and well I haven't done anything wrong... and again, it is not me out there hating on ANYONE... so you might ask yourself why? who hates on people? why would that even need to happen? Well, I don't need to hate on anyone because it is not worth my time. My business success speaks for itself. I don't need to get ahead by stepping on others.

I get ahead because my time is spent making tens of thousands of boards, talking to my customers, understanding the needs of the market, researching the industry, doing thousands of dollars of give-a-ways and doing my best everyday to produce the best products at the best prices I can.

Jim

Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 pm

I love how you keep insisting on telling us about your customer base and how great your website is doing.. Shows your intentions.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Nothing good about Prowood.

RyanMarshment wrote:
Rm he bought the nocomply domain when Todd din't pay for it so people would think that they were buying nocomply.

That's shady as f. Who would even think of that. Just by knowing that I am able to say the things below.

ProwoodJim wrote:
My business success speaks for itself. I don't need to get ahead by stepping on others.

I get ahead because my time is spent making tens of thousands of boards, talking to my customers, (Olala, bold and italics mothafukka) understanding the needs of the market, (MHM)researching the industry, doing thousands of dollars of give-a-ways and doing my best everyday to produce the best products at the best prices I can.

Go away Jim. You are a vachina. Seriously.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Forgiven on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

why does everybody hate on prowood?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next