Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhy does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why does everybody hate on prowood?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TomasM
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TomasM

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Peter.A wrote:

There is no point on hating on Prowood , if you realy dislike em just dont get involved with them..

Couldn't have said it better myself. If you don't like them, don't deal with them. I'm sure Todd isn't 100% truthful about everything he says, and neither is Jim.

In my opinion, Jim deals with it better than Todd, simply because he doesn't act childish about it and point fingers, and get everyone on his hate bandwagon.

But anyway, Jim, don't mind these people, and people, don't mind Jim.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Sharing is caring, RM.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:41 pm

I've not posted in this thread until now for a number of reasons. I've wanted to see what ProwoodJim has to say but also what our other members have to say. I did hope that some of the members here who are also members of FFI would post with insightful knowledge of the history of this matter but I shall have to go with what I already know and wait for other comments to accompany this one.

You speak of lies and libel but I would like to state some facts:

Fact 1: Earlier this year, nocomplydistribution.com, the domain that No Comply operated from redirected to prowoodfingerboards.com. This was posted on FFI and there was uproar about the apparent theft of the domain. A while after this thread was posted, the nocomplydistribution.com domain was changed to redirect to Google and then a hair care website. Following this, Todd announced that No Comply would then operate from nocomplyfingerboards.com.

Many people, including myself, saw the redirection of the domain to your site and the video also supports this. Although this is not conclusive evidence to say that it was you who did this, I would still consider this as evidence to support the general consensus as any other possibility is far less likely. In this case, whilst I cannot say with absolute proof that you did steal the NCD domain, it is not me that judges Prowood for this reason. It is not me nor the FBHQ members you should really be targeting but if it really was not you that stole the domain, you should investigate to find out the real perpetrator to clear your name. It's not the FBHQ members who would appear in the bad light but you, as you are seen as the cause of the NCD domain change. It's not the FBHQ members who should be worried about saying these things, it should be you who should be discovering who started all of this.

ProwoodJim wrote:
Fifth, I do not RIP OFF KIDS ALL DAY LONG.

Fact 2: HP Pro-Trucks are $19.95. Link: http://prowoodfingerboards.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81&products_id=239

Come on now, really?

Fact 3: You use other brand names in your eBay listing titles in order to get search hits that you shouldn't get in order to make more money. You also include even more other company names in the subtitles.

why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 Cc1f3b6f1eb139095972531e66d567e5

The picture above is just an example, anyone can feel free to search on eBay to see the whole picture themselves.

I know that you have argued that businesses need money to survive but a lot of fingerboard companies do not focus on profiting. It's just a hobby and not everyone needs money to enjoy it. I am not against some companies making some money and make fingerboarding bigger. It is when underhanded methods such as stealing a competitor's domain, overpricing products and using competitors' names to advertise your products are used that I would simply not support such a company. I would like to note again that I did not say that you did steal the domain but if you did, it would further support this statement.

Furthermore, when you come onto this forum bullying people, some who are quite young, into removing negative comments about you and labelling them all liars when in fact you also have no conclusive proof either, it says a lot more about the kind of person you are.

As a moderator of this forum, I believe in this personal case it may be best to see how this thread unfolds for the time being before any comments are removed, or until Kerry, the active admin decides to act accordingly. I judge him to be the best suited to make a decision on this matter and will not interfere as of yet.

I would also like to make one request of you. As a Close Up team member, I ask you to remove the "like closeup" in your eBay listing of any Prowood decks. I only ask this in good faith and not as a demand. Although I have no level of authority on Close Up nor do you have any formal obligation to do this, I would hope you consider the following points to change the listing. Close Up decks are 27mm (older ones 26mm), they do not use exotic plies and are mostly graphic decks. So are Prowood decks like Close Up? No. Do I want my sponsor to be associated with Prowood? No. Should you really be using other company names to advertise your products anyway? No.

Lastly, with regards to supporting the scene... Sure, you do sponsor events and use all these social networking places to boost your own profile. Your next challenge is to make online communities, such as FBHQ, approve of you. You have this chance right now as you are on here. There's been a bit of interaction already but this is one of the other things you will need to learn to do. Even if you did "fix" these things, there will always be the history of all of this in the Prowood name and you may yet find it difficult to ever change this for good.

Miaow.
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:53 pm

Well Said Xi.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:55 pm

Excellent post, very informative xi, I have been steering clear of this as I don't know anything..
I do now.
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:21 am

OFF TOPIC: Where can I buy a Northwood from?

oh and Can we end this thread now?

Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:25 am

Good work Xi. Look like kittens can stop being killed now!
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:18 am

Xi, you're soo good smoochiecakes happy
Back to top Go down
thomashines
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
thomashines

Setup : BRTS, flaked, and BRR edition G6's.

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:30 am

Ironfingers wrote:
Excellent post, very informative xi, I have been steering clear of this as I don't know anything..
I do now.
This exactly
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:14 am

KingWoodfbs wrote:
Well Said Xi.
This

I definitely agree with you on the last bit.
The thing about prowood is that it is much like 4 corner. It sell products which really aren't seen as good by the larger fingerboard scene. I've honestly only tried a prowood once and I really didn't like it. The kid riding it was really nooby and didn't seem to understand much about fingerboarding. Much like the people who use 4 corner products.

Step up your Game. Your molds are soooo boring. Don't rely on your deck making as your source of money. Get a job. It would be much better. Honestly, a lot of the reasons that the greater fingerboard scene hate you is because of the fact you don't appear to care much about fingerboarding and just do it as a source of income.

Also you complain about the fact you give away "thousands of dollars" of fingerboard stuff. This is not a fucking decent sales strategy. Like I said previously the nooby little kids buy your products because they don't know better, they don't have more money to spend. As you may have noticed a majority of the greater fingerboard scene are pretty Rich. If you had customers like that then maybe you'd get lots of money because you appear like such a generous guy giving away china trucks which are manufactured for a few cents.

Honestly Re-think your company.
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:29 am

In response to the people saying that he is incorrect about his products being great and things like that, well of course he is going to say they are great, Walmart doesn't advertise their skateboards as being terrible it just becomes a know thing through reviews and talking. I don't think he deserves any hate in that area because if his products are terrible than that will spread and people wont buy from him but that doesn't mean he shouldn't advertise them as good imo
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:01 am

Finn S wrote:
KingWoodfbs wrote:
Well Said Xi.
This
Honestly, a lot of the reasons that the greater fingerboard scene hate you is because of the fact you don't appear to care much about fingerboarding and just do it as a source of income.

Also you complain about the fact you give away "thousands of dollars" of fingerboard stuff. This is not a fucking decent sales strategy. Like I said previously the nooby little kids buy your products because they don't know better, they don't have more money to spend. As you may have noticed a majority of the greater fingerboard scene are pretty Rich. If you had customers like that then maybe you'd get lots of money because you appear like such a generous guy giving away china trucks which are manufactured for a few cents.

Honestly Re-think your company.

This exactly.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:12 am

Also you have palmboarders like Jake Rothberg which support your company. He sucks so hard.
It certainly doesn't do anything to your rep.
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:20 am

Finn S wrote:
Also you have palmboarders like Jake Rothberg which support your company. He sucks so hard.
It certainly doesn't do anything to your rep.

lol siged.

I personally feel if your using china products its fine, as long as you step up your products to companies that ACTUALLY support the scene later on when you can afford it.

also, honestly, You can get a great complete quite cheap.

i.e
Close up G4 $28.50 and 2 dollar shipping at flatface.
Bollie Complete $41.00 and 2 dollar shipping from flatface.

I don't hate prowood as I've never tried them or anything, but I have to agree on MOST points people bring up in this thread.

This is My take on this whole thing.

Feels like Fast Fingers Co. all over again when they copied Blackriver Ramps dimensions and such for their own ramps....

Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:33 am

Fingerboarding is love, community, a mental and coordinational challenge at times. Myself along with many other deck makers find this a bit filthy and maybe a little misunderstood to some. When you think of it. He is helping out the newer scene but also brainwashing them that PW is the best company alive by handing out some massproduced products to bring more fellows into his company. I agree with Xi.

I think it is wrong that he associates other legitimate companies with himself. I never would do that. I take pride in my own product I 100% handmake. I support newer companies that I do believe will go far (nw, temple, pure). I try to support them and I feel like Jim thinks of them as competitors.

Fingerboarding is about unity. Not big dog business.

Sure are you a good business man and would maybe do well if you underwent an attitide change? Yep

But people in fingerboarding; the hobby we all love, don't appreciate it being take over by people who want in only for money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
CrunchyFingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
CrunchyFingers

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:00 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm

KingWoodfbs wrote:
OFF TOPIC: Where can I buy a Northwood from?

oh and Can we end this thread now?

you can buy a Northwoods here http://www.northwoodsfb.com/Official_Website/home.html
Amazing quality deck and performs great!
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm

haha Thanks Peter!
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Snow tape
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:43 am

KingWoodfbs wrote:
haha Thanks Peter!

No probs they make beast decks no lie! very happy

Last edited by Peter.A on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Not biased or anything peter
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Finn S wrote:

affraid
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Snow tape
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Finn S wrote:

I meant beast, lol not the best cause I have never tried all the decks made in the world but they are better than all the decks I have ever tried including BW TBH... dont hate
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Yea Peter. BW isn't my type either.

Honestly I haven't found any (other) deck that I love yet. Nor have I tryed.

But that's offtopic.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:17 pm

^Do you even buy other peoples decks?
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Nope. I love my decks, hence why I created the mold and shape to my preference.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why does everybody hate on prowood?   why does everybody hate on prowood? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

why does everybody hate on prowood?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next